Prospect Info: 2024 World Juniors

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
You know how looking at a small sample size of games is a bad idea and lead to some silly conclusions?

Right now, we're projecting someone's NHL career based on rumors of which line someone will play on for a small sample of games.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
You know how looking at a small sample size of games is a bad idea and lead to some silly conclusions?

Right now, we're projecting someone's NHL career based on rumors of which line someone will play on for a small sample of games.

When 2 months ago the board wanted Danielson on the team and was pissed he was sent back to juniors.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
rooting for Nate. But Benson is sticking in the NHL and is one of Buffalo’s best players. He’s also very good defensively.

Once he gains strength he’ll be a superstar.

I wish our scouts would get out of their own way and stop trying to outsmart everyone.
Sometimes it works (Seider), but usually it doesn’t (Rasmussen, all of our 2nd rounders)

it's pretty frustrating just how obvious it was that he was going to be good

he had high end tools, was outshining a team full of high picks despite being younger than them, and scouts even praised his compete and defensive play on top of everything else

Reactions: RedHawkDown

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Zach Benson would not have made our roster this year. Nate would have made Buffalo's.
i'm not entirely convinced that even someone like Carlsson or Fantilli would have at this point

presumably keeping Bedard off would be a bridge too far even for the Wings

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really

Sometimes I think people are just waiting for a reason to bash prospects. God help you if you don't dominate a scrimmage from the 4th line

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Perhaps a therapist can help you get over the fact that the Wings passed on Benson...
I’m here to discuss hockey and particularly prospects. Sometimes I really disagree w the f teams choices and I discuss it here. If all yall want to do is praise the decisions the front office makes, what exactly is the purpose of the message board?

And I’m not trashing Nate, I’m just saying there was a clear obvious choice and 5-6 NHL GMs, not just ours, outsmarted themselves. Zach should have gone 8th.

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Zach Benson would not have made our roster this year. Nate would have made Buffalo's.
Suggest you watch him. Buffalo is very bad, our team has much more structure. I think benson would not only have made the team but would have twice the points in Detroit.

Reactions: Realgud

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I’m here to discuss hockey and particularly prospects. Sometimes I really disagree w the f teams choices and I discuss it here. If all yall want to do is praise the decisions the front office makes, what exactly is the purpose of the message board?

And I’m not trashing Nate, I’m just saying there was a clear obvious choice and 5-6 NHL GMs, not just ours, outsmarted themselves. Zach should have gone 8th.
Is Benson playing in the WJC? If not, why are you talking about him in a WJC thread? We have a 2023 draft thread if you want to rub your rocks and tell everyone how smart you are. There is no need to seek that conversation in this thread.

On an unrelated note, this rush in modern society to declare winners is extremely annoying and shortsighted.

Reactions: Stony Curtis

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Nate has gone from almost making the Wings roster to a bust because of his slotting during WC practice?!

Some good/great NHL players never even made the roster:

Duncan Keith
Tyler Sequin
Ryan Nugent - H
Cam Ward
Giguere
Brodeur
Roy
McGinnis

Now look at the NHL flops who played in the tournament. I love this tournament but let Nate play.

Even if he is horrible, I won't lose hope. I learned that after being berated for criticizing Cossa's poor play in both of his year's on the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaster

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Is Benson playing in the WJC? If not, why are you talking about him in a WJC thread? We have a 2023 draft thread if you want to rub your rocks and tell everyone how smart you are. There is no need to seek that conversation in this thread.

On an unrelated note, this rush in modern society to declare winners is extremely annoying and shortsighted.
Yes, that’s fair. Not really relevant to the thread.

Hopefully Danielson can play an actual offensive role for Canada.

Reactions: Realgud

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Based on the few tidbits I've read, I wouldn't characterize Danielson's line as the no offense/checking line. Pronman was very complimentary of the line in his observations, naming them as a standout in the camp.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
He’d play in the top 6 over Veleno and possibly Fabbri. He’s not very strong but plays more physical than Rasmussen. He’d definitely play above Sprong and Perron.

A top line of Benson-Larkin-Raymond would be phenomenal.
Let me rephrase. Who would Lalonde sit at the beginning of the year?

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
rooting for Nate. But Benson is sticking in the NHL and is one of Buffalo’s best players. He’s also very good defensively.

Once he gains strength he’ll be a superstar.

I wish our scouts would get out of their own way and stop trying to outsmart everyone.
Sometimes it works (Seider), but usually it doesn’t (Rasmussen, all of our 2nd rounders)
Draper’s main drafting philosophy is basically drafting the closest person to himself.

Reactions: Konnan511

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
USA v. Sweden today at noon in an exhibition Game.

Augustine gets the start

ASP back in the lineup for Sweden (Top Pair)... Looks like Anton is the #7 D (no surprise IMO)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad