Prospect Info: 2024 World Juniors

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
I get that move though. Barring an epic collapse by U.S. and A today, they'll likely be riding on Trey's back the rest of the tournament.
NHL Network estimates that Fowler plays today given the more favorable matchup and that they’d expect Augustine to take the upcoming back to back games.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Decent tourny by Danielson I thought. I'm still not convinced there is much high end offense there but at the very worst, he is going to make the NHL at some capacity because hes just very well rounded and plays smart. Can see something like a Jean-Gabriel Pageau esque player down the road here.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Meh, Canada deserves this. That 4th line was consistently excellent, and the coach never decided to use them in offensive situations or anything like that. Just kept on trotting out the same guys who got nothing done.

It was so frustrating to watch. Minten getting force fed mins all over the ice on both special teams, despite it not really clicking at all. Savoie, Poitras, Dumais etc supposed to be the skilled guys and the only one who looked worth a damn for the whole group was Celebrini.

I'm not saying this specifically about Danielson as a wings prospect, but you have a guy who was arguably Canadas second best forward in the tourney, a top 10 pick and can be trusted defensively.... How does he at some point not get thrown on like Celebrinis wing to see if they can get something going? Instead you roll him out there on the "4th line" because essentially they were the only line that played well. But you could still bump the top 10 pick up the line up just to see if he jump starts a different line instead of playing the whole tourney with an undrafted in 2 years forechecker

Christien

May 1, 2010
The puck seemed to follow Danielson around today like it did when he played for the Wings in preseason, so that's a good sign

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
1 skill guy + bunch of grinders, probably worst Canadian team I have never seen

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Meh, Canada deserves this. That 4th line was consistently excellent, and the coach never decided to use them in offensive situations or anything like that. Just kept on trotting out the same guys who got nothing done.
This was by no means a strong Canadian roster.

But you’re absolutely right. The coaching was substandard. Letang was in over his head. He did not adapt enough as the tournament progressed. I’ve seen him outcoached at the OHL level, so this was not a surprise.

This US team still looks like a wagon to me.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Canada is coming off back to back wins in this tournament but the minute Danielson joins the team they can't even beat the Czechs

just not a winner

:sarcasm:

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
This US team still looks like a wagon to me.
I'd say this is the best crop of forwards for the U.S. since the Caufield/Zegras team.

It's still anyone's tournament though. Czechs and Swedes are playing pretty well, all told. I also can't discount how many times the goddam Finns have popped up to bite us in the ass in this tournament.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Not sure if it was said or not, but looks like danielson may be traded here shortly to a better team. so there's that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad