Prospect Info: 2024 World Juniors

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
From what I read it was about roster construction and roles. He wasn't going to bump anyone out of the top 6 and a bottom 6 role wasn't going to be a good role for him. I have to agree with him not bumping any returnees or breaking up the Boston College line of Smith/Perreault/Leonard.

I don't get this. He has has been the most phenomenal goalscorer I've seen lately and I'll predict he will score more goals any USA player at NHL after 2024 draft.

Last edited:

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I don't get this. He has has been the most phenomenal goalscorer I've seen lately and I'll predict he will score more goals any USA player at NHL after 2024 draft.
What’s your sample size?

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Interesting [non-]call. Favoring the host country? Either way, I like that the official left his mic on while he talked to the Canadian coach.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Sandin Pellikka already learning Lalonde's bad systems by taking a penalty!

Damn, how I love Sweden. How good armosphere there is as a hockey nation.

And this does come from a finn.

Reactions: Reddwit

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I don't think that was a penalty at all. Great call.
Guess I’d have to see it again, didn’t get a look at the replays. Upon initial viewing, looked worthy of 2 minutes. Definitely not 5 and a game like those chucklehead Canadian announcers thought though.

Reactions: Realgud

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
ASP is working on another level than the rest of Sweden when on the PP. So many times he makes a dish and then calls for it back (because he just created an opening), only to be ignored and then we watch the Swedish player with the puck fire it into shin pads or turn it over.

Sweden could have had 6 goals if ASP had anyone on his level to play with :laugh:

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
ASP is working on another level than the rest of Sweden when on the PP. So many times he makes a dish and then calls for it back (because he just created an opening), only to be ignored and then we watch the Swedish player with the puck fire it into shin pads or turn it over.

Sweden could have had 6 goals if ASP had anyone on his level to play with :laugh:
Yeah, I've seen this several times. It's like they don't know what he's doing.

Overall, I thought ASP had a solid game. He proved to me that he can defend well enough to play in a tight game like that. He did have a breakaway against, but that was a complete suicide pass.

Danielson, I just didn't really notice. It didn't seem like he played a lot. Canada was really disorganized this game, so it's hard to find a lot of blame there.

Reactions: jaster

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
ASP had an awful turnover that lead to a Savoie breakaway, then took a penalty at a really bad time late.

Not sure he was all that good today.

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
ASP had an awful turnover that lead to a Savoie breakaway, then took a penalty at a really bad time late.

Not sure he was all that good today.
That pass handcuffed him. That puck came to him and there was no way he could control it. Overall his passing was excellent today and his defense play was surprisingly strong along the boards.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
What a hit by Anton J on Cowan. That was the highlight as far as our prospects.

He also crushed a German player in the last game. Although that one was from behind/dirty. Either way he is playing a really physical brand of hockey.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
So was Cole Caufield, who set USNDT records, but also did not make the team as a under-ager....it is very hard to jump from the U-18 team to the U-20 team.

Every coach has a vision of the team they want to build. They subscribe to the Herb Brooks philosophy: "I'm not looking for the best players; I'm looking for the right ones". This team has plenty of firepower on the top lines, and the bottom lines for that matter. I can't complain about Eiserman being omitted and going with returning players or better role players.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Damn, how I love Sweden. How good armosphere there is as a hockey nation.

And this does come from a finn.
Yeah in Finland instead of having real fans in the stands, the ice hockey association decided to go with Onninen Ultras. F'n embarrassing, it's probably too much to hope for that they took some notes.
-------------------------------
Red Wings should definitely steal swedish coach Hävelid, great work already at the U18 level and same continues at the U20 level.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Excellent couple periods by Augustine. Can’t blame him much for either goal (one deflection, one screen that might have also been a deflection). Meanwhile a bunch of key saves down low.

USA finally looking like a wagon. Hitting their stride hopefully at the right time.

Last edited:
Reactions: raymond23

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Very calm and technically sound. Doesn’t get rattled. The kind of goalie that gives his team confidence.

Goalies don't give their teams confidence. They let in 2 off a 3 cheesy shots, and make you lose your calm demeanour and question what year you are in.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Bicker is having a good tournament, nothing flashy, gritty, straight forward hockey. I really like how he plays the net front, very close to the goalie and no unnecessary moves to give the opponent a chance to call goalie interference. I hope can he carve out a bigger role in Frankfurt.

Reactions: 13to40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad