Prospect Info: 2024 World Juniors

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
I thought this paragraph from today's Athletic writeup on Canada's top forwards sans Celebrini was very interesting - basically in the 3 high leverage games they were horrible - outscoring Danielson combined in those games by a point.

Projected 2024 No. 1 pick Macklin Celebrini had a strong tournament, but overall their top six listed forwards did not show up and make an impact in the tough games in this tournament — those being Jordan Dumais (CBJ), Conor Geekie (ARI) Fraser Minten (TOR) Matthew Poitras (BOS) and Matt Savoie (BUF). Between the round-robin games between Finland and Sweden, and then the quarterfinals, those five players totalled one goal and three points, and two of those points came on an empty net goal versus Finland.

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I thought this paragraph from today's Athletic writeup on Canada's top forwards sans Celebrini was very interesting - basically in the 3 high leverage games they were horrible - outscoring Danielson combined in those games by a point.

Half the board is pining for those guys because we picked Kasper and Danielson.

Canada would have done much better if their coach played Danielson in the top 6 when the others floundered.

Reactions: Unfriendly Ghost

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I’ll own up to it and say I absolutely wanted Savoie over Kasper, but Savoie looked terrible this tournament. I still think he’ll be a good NHL top 6 forward though.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
What an awful, desperate person you are.
The real joke is that Canada suffered no repercussions as a result of this. Should have been made to miss a tournament or two or maybe not given hosting duties every other year - but naw, it means too much to you fan$ to penalize them more than a wrist slap. If Im not on board with salivating over this tournament and glorifying these kids to the point that they can get away with such behavior then you can think me an awful person all you want. Its good to place reminders of that stuff. I could care less who dislikes the way I do it. Canada made themselves the butt of these jokes, ignore me if you don't like it.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I’ll own up to it and say I absolutely wanted Savoie over Kasper, but Savoie looked terrible this tournament. I still think he’ll be a good NHL top 6 forward though.
Hockey Canada has never really liked Savoie, a lot of them are probably pissed they gave him such a big role in this tournament.
The real joke is that Canada suffered no repercussions as a result of this. Should have been made to miss a tournament or two or maybe not given hosting duties every other year - but naw, it means too much to you fan$ to penalize them more than a wrist slap. If Im not on board with salivating over this tournament and glorifying these kids to the point that they can get away with such behavior then you can think me an awful person all you want. Its good to place reminders of that stuff. I could care less who dislikes the way I do it. Canada made themselves the butt of these jokes, ignore me if you don't like it.
You actually have no idea what happened because none of the actual information has come out yet so pump the brakes. Punishing kids who were in elementary school when any of that happened is also dumb.

Also you realise Alex Forementons NHL career is over right? At the age of 23, after being a really promising player. I would say hes probably getting punished for something by people that actually know what theyre talking about.

But yeah have a little tantrum about something you dont have any info on and make some tasteless jokes while youre at it.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Ostlund, the guy I wanted over Kasper, unlike you Savoie fools, is having a real nice tournament.

Celly game to rival Walman too

Reactions: Realgud

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Hockey Canada has never really liked Savoie, a lot of them are probably pissed they gave him such a big role in this tournament.

You actually have no idea what happened because none of the actual information has come out yet so pump the brakes. Punishing kids who were in elementary school when any of that happened is also dumb.

Also you realise Alex Forementons NHL career is over right? At the age of 23, after being a really promising player. I would say hes probably getting punished for something by people that actually know what theyre talking about.

But yeah have a little tantrum about something you dont have any info on and make some tasteless jokes while youre at it.

Isn't that an issue? You cannot just say Alex Formenton was banned from the league, because it is not the case officially? For what we know he prefers collecting millions in Switzerland over what cheap Senators were ready to pay him (and even if it's the case, collecting millions in Switzerland is a penalty everybody can live with). Till there are no official penalties, there are no penalties period.

It is also funny how peaople who wanted Blackhawks to be burned down are pretty content with slap on the wrist for Hockey Canada. At it core it's still the same an organisation failed to protect victims and chose winning over humanity.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Ostlund, the guy I wanted over Kasper, unlike you Savoie fools, is having a real nice tournament.

Celly game to rival Walman too
Östlund, despite some points, has not been very good imo. Even today he made several awful plays including one right before his goal.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

Until such time or unless we're all actually willing to have an honest discussion about the "culture" of professional sports, ie. the intillment and the idolization, as they're directly correlated, nothing will ever change.. ever

As far as punishing people today for the past.. ridiculous..unless all limits are removed

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Until such time or unless we're all actually willing to have an honest discussion about the "culture" of professional sports, ie. the intillment and the idolization, as they're directly correlated, nothing will ever change.. ever

As far as punishing people today for the past.. ridiculous..unless all limits are removed
Russia isn't at the tournament and I don't think it's the players fault.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Isn't that an issue? You cannot just say Alex Formenton was banned from the league, because it is not the case officially? For what we know he prefers collecting millions in Switzerland over what cheap Senators were ready to pay him (and even if it's the case, collecting millions in Switzerland is a penalty everybody can live with). Till there are no official penalties, there are no penalties period.

It is also funny how peaople who wanted Blackhawks to be burned down are pretty content with slap on the wrist for Hockey Canada. At it core it's still the same an organisation failed to protect victims and chose winning over humanity.

Jesus Christ, youre right Canadian Alex Forementons dream was to be relegated to the Swiss league where hes making less than 400 thousand USD a year. He definitely wasnt black balled from the league because of something that happened.

Until the facts are released from court, which will be a while because its going through an appeal, calling for a hockey Canada death penalty is just dumb. Its quite obvious one player involved has received some serious punishment, even if you want to bury your head in the sand about it.

People wanted the Blackhawks burnt to the ground because the ownership group is still raking in money despite the organisation actively covering up their situation. The facts were also allowed to come to light in that case and Hockey Canadas entire board was replaced when this came out.

Reactions: Zetterberg4Captain

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
In general the US has been caught sleeping. All Finland early. Augustine has made some nice saves. Could be worse.

But he did have questionable form on that 2nd goal. He Left the 5 hole open and his stick was covering his pad instead. Shouldn’t have gone in.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Sloppy 1st by USA, including by Augustine. But great to see them come out in the 2nd firing on all cylinders. Augustine with a huge win-preserving save in the final couple minutes. Looked like it was going to be an easy goal to tie it up and Augustine with an awesome kick save, great reflexes.

USA vs Sweden should be a good one.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Augustine was impressive! That save he made at the end of the game was so clutch. That being said, super stoked for tomorrow's games and really happy for ASP, Johansson, and Augustine for winning medals.

Some Habs fans are triggered with Augustine :popcorn:

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Disappointing tournament for Anton Johansson. Not in terms of performance, but of usage:

20:03 v Latvia
17:06 v Germany
1:24 v Canada
4:52 v Finland
DNP v Switzerland (QF)
DNP v Czechia (SF)

I mean, I get it, keep your top Dmen rested against the Latvias and Germanys, lean into the #7 guy. It was probably the plan all along. But I thought he played well enough early on to continue having a role.

Reactions: raymond23

Christien

May 1, 2010
Disappointing tournament for Anton Johansson. Not in terms of performance, but of usage:

20:03 v Latvia
17:06 v Germany
1:24 v Canada
4:52 v Finland
DNP v Switzerland (QF)
DNP v Czechia (SF)

I mean, I get it, keep your top Dmen rested against the Latvias and Germanys, lean into the #7 guy. It was probably the plan all along. But I thought he played well enough early on to continue having a role.
Agreed, he played well and doesnt deserve his lack of TOI. He was like one of the only Swedish defencemen that actually played with an edge. I think that he’s looked better than Salomonsson imo

Reactions: jaster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad