GDT: 2024 WJC Games: GOLD - USA | SILVER - SWE | BRONZE - CZE | 4TH - FIN

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
  • Lane Hutson (MTL) looks stronger yet again. He was hard on pucks and has such tremendous footwork that he was very difficult to get around for opposing forwards. He's never going to be confused with a stopper defensively, but his compete level and ability to make things more difficult is notable.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Some info on who Mesar will likely be playing with based on Slovakia’s first practice with their entire team here and first lines seen.

IMG_1987.jpeg

IMG_1988.jpeg

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
not gonna lie , this year's tourney is not exciting for me. Hutson will be nice to watch, Canada looks .. meh.. and wonder if we will get weird times on tv this year?

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
not gonna lie , this year's tourney is not exciting for me. Hutson will be nice to watch, Canada looks .. meh.. and wonder if we will get weird times on tv this year?

Most games are mid day

Canada's Schedule in EST:
Dec 26 2:30 PM - FIN vs CAN
Dec 27 1:30 PM - LAT vs CAN
Dec 29 1:30 PM - CAN vs SWE
Dec 31 1:30 PM - CAN vs GER

USA Schedule in EST:
Dec 26 11 AM - USA vs NOR
Dec 28 11 AM - SUI vs USA
Dec 29 - 11 AM - CZE vs USA
Dec 31 - 12 noon USA vs SVK

Reactions: montreal

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Most games are mid day

Canada's Schedule in EST:
Dec 26 2:30 PM - FIN vs CAN
Dec 27 1:30 PM - LAT vs CAN
Dec 29 1:30 PM - CAN vs SWE
Dec 31 1:30 PM - CAN vs GER

USA Schedule in EST:
Dec 26 11 AM - USA vs NOR
Dec 28 11 AM - SUI vs USA
Dec 29 - 11 AM - CZE vs USA
Dec 31 - 12 noon USA vs SVK
thanks, looks like EST so sucks for east coast ;)

Reactions: badfish

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
It's less exciting than a year with Bedard, that's for sure.

Beck and Mesar's performance in the tournament will be useful to help gauge where they're at. These are both 1st-rd talents that Habs really need to pan out. If Mesar can translate what he's been doing in Kitchener and Slovakia can make some noise, that'll be exciting. Watching Reway was a good time back in the day. Beck will likely play a big role and I'd like to see what he can do outside of Peterborough.

It's really USA's tournament to lose and that's always a bit of a bummer. Hopefully Hutson can stand out - doing so with guys like Smith/Casey/Leonard/Perreault/Gauthier will be quite a testament to his skill.

Maybe not like other years, but three Habs prospects playing at the top of their WJC rosters should still be pretty exciting.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's less exciting than a year with Bedard, that's for sure.

Beck and Mesar's performance in the tournament will be useful to help gauge where they're at. These are both 1st-rd talents that Habs really need to pan out. If Mesar can translate what he's been doing in Kitchener and Slovakia can make some noise, that'll be exciting. Watching Reway was a good time back in the day. Beck will likely play a big role and I'd like to see what he can do outside of Peterborough.

It's really USA's tournament to lose and that's always a bit of a bummer. Hopefully Hutson can stand out - doing so with guys like Smith/Casey/Leonard/Perreault/Gauthier will be quite a testament to his skill.

Maybe not like other years, but three Habs prospects playing at the top of their WJC rosters should still be pretty exciting.

Also expecting Fowler to steal the net from Augustine. The coaches comments' really made that wide open earlier than I expected, too.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Also expecting Fowler to steal the net from Augustine. The coaches comments' really made that wide open earlier than I expected, too.
Yeah
I'm not sure how following :
Mesar on Slovakia (top line winger for them)
Beck on Canada (could be one of their best Centers and maybe Captain)
And Hutson and Fowler on USA (the D they will rely on the most offensively AND potentially their #1 netminder)
Isn't exciting enough for people this year...?

We've had MUCH worse 'attendance' years.. are people who are soured on the Habs that bad this year THIS turned off by anything involving even our budding habs prospects?

I'm really looking forward to this one too personally

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah
And Hutson and Fowler (the D they will rely on the most offensively AND potentially their #1 netminder)

We've had MUCH worse 'attendance' years.. are people who are soured on the Habs that bad this year THIS turned off by anything involving even our budding habs prospects?

Toxic toxicity

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah
And Hutson and Fowler (the D they will rely on the most offensively AND potentially their #1 netminder)

It wasn't that long ago we had exactly 0 prospects participating. Fun times.

Reactions: Redux91

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
  • Lane Hutson (MTL) looks stronger yet again. He was hard on pucks and has such tremendous footwork that he was very difficult to get around for opposing forwards. He's never going to be confused with a stopper defensively, but his compete level and ability to make things more difficult is notable.

but i was told he can't skate

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad