GDT: 2024 WJC Games: GOLD - USA | SILVER - SWE | BRONZE - CZE | 4TH - FIN

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Augustine not dressed for intrasquad. Fowler is dressed but didn't swap, other team did.

Looks like Augustine-Fowler are 1 and 2 right now and they're trying to figure out goalie 3
It seems American fans seem to think it will be Andrew Oke as the 3rd string, but given he plays in the CHL and isn't a standout, I imagine they go somewhere else.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Wheeler, Pronman & Bultman got together to project the rosters for Canada, USA, Sweden & Finland for the WJC.

From the Habs, they have:

CANADA: Owen Beck as 4C
USA: Lane Hutson as 1LD and Jacob Fowler as 2G

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Wheeler, Pronman & Bultman got together to project the rosters for Canada, USA, Sweden & Finland for the WJC.

From the Habs, they have:

CANADA: Owen Beck as 4C
USA: Lane Hutson as 1LD and Jacob Fowler as 2G

Who are the 3C ahead of him? Fantilli I'm guessing but who else?

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Connor Geekie is 1C
Nate Danielson is 2C
Brayden Yager is 3C
Owen Beck is 4C - and in their projection, he has Samuel Savoie and Fraser Minten as his wingers on the 4th line.
Geekie I can get it but I don't see these two 18 years old getting a spot ahead of him in the next WJC. I'm expecting him to center the 3rd in a shut down role.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Not to mention how many times have we seen a goaltender win the job at the outset only to end up losing it during the tournament to the backup who goes on to take number 1 during the win or go home games.

The US are so friggin' deep they are starting to rival Canada for depth and are now turning out more high grade players IMO.
The NCAA/USHL program is really great.

Reactions: Rapala

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Geekie I can get it but I don't see these two 18 years old getting a spot ahead of him in the next WJC. I'm expecting him to center the 3rd in a shut down role.
Geekie as 1c would be another mistake. Danielson and Yager are better.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
BC knows they will lose so many players to the WJC's, they opted not to schedule any games, in-between so after the game on 12-9, they are off for over a month, so Fowler could in theory start every game this season if healthy the whole time.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No surprises here. Hutson and Fowler listed as part of USA's Preliminary roster and Mesar is for Slovakia.

Hutson is listed at 5'10" and 163 lbs.

We should also expect Beck to be on Canada's roster.

This year, Habs don't have the quantity of prospects they did in recent WJCs. But they will have quality as 4 of their best prospects will be at the tourny. And I think only Beck might be in more of a depth role whereas the others will be key to their respective teams' success (unless Fowler ends up as the back up).

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'm curious to know how Americans pronounce that name Trey Augustine. Imagine being called Augustine by play by play guys.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
This year's WJC is going to seem somewhat sparse when it comes to Habs prospects... Hutson, Beck, Fowler?, Eriksson?
Hutson being the number one guy on the US blueline is going to be fun to watch.
Ain't Mesar available since his birthday is after the tournament started?

USA should destroy this team
People say that every year. They have won twice in the last 10 years which is 1 less than Finland ...

US team defense last year was horrendous imo what will change that this year?

Last 10 tournaments (Gold-Silver-Bronze (total)) :

Canada : 5-2-0 (7)
Finland : 3-1-1 (5)
US : 2-1-3 (6)
Russia : 0-3-3 (6)*
Sweden : 0-2-2 (2)
Czechia : 0-1-0 (1)
Slovakia : 0-0-1 (1)

* missed two tournaments

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events