Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs: Patriots finish 4-13, Will pick 3rd. Mayo hired as HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Have the Zappe fever people finally woken up yet and realized he’s worse than even a broken Mac Jones? And that the team needs an entirely new quarterback room for next season?

I want no part of Vrable here. He’d literally be the same as bill. Plus his offenses have been lousy and he also hasn’t developed a quarterback

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Have the Zappe fever people finally woken up yet and realized he’s worse than even a broken Mac Jones? And that the team needs an entirely new quarterback room for next season?
The team needs a QB for sure but no, Zappe was not worse than a broken Jones. But go on, let's continue arguing Zappe vs. Mac as the ship goes under. You keep interjecting this debate even with people who are stating that Bill should not be here. Maybe your argument is really with one poster who thinks Zappe is better AND that Bill should stay.

Reactions: Gordoff

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The team needs a QB for sure but no, Zappe was not worse than a broken Jones. But go on, let's continue arguing Zappe vs. Mac as the ship goes under. You keep interjecting this debate even with people who are stating that Bill should not be here. Maybe your argument is really with one poster who thinks Zappe is better AND that Bill should stay.
He absolutely was. The picks and the sacks alone overwhelmed the 2 decent quarters he had over the 6 games. If you look at his numbers across the board they all ended up being worse than Jones. I don’t know why that’s hard for you guys to admit, yet you all refuse.

But you also missed the part where I said the need an entirely new group of quarterbacks in the room.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Now that the season is over I'm not wasting another breath on Mac vs. Zappe. It's irrelevant. So if you want to compile your stats and take a bizarre victory lap, have at it. You're not changing my mind and I'm not changing yours.

If neither guy is able to play the position, does it really matter who is less horrible?
Nope. The real question is which path the organization takes. Build up the roster like the Eagles/Niners and find a QB after round 1 or use that high pick on the QB and go from there.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Now that the season is over I'm not wasting another breath on Mac vs. Zappe. It's irrelevant. So if you want to compile your stats and take a bizarre victory lap, have at it. You're not changing my mind and I'm not changing yours.
I’m not looking for a victory lap. I’m holding some folks accountable for their claims that Zappe would be better and make a difference if given a chance. He got the chance and was fundamentally worse, because the roster was deeply flawed. Why is it hard for some to admit that and own their takes?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I’m not looking for a victory lap. I’m holding some folks accountable for their claims that Zappe would be better and make a difference if given a chance. He got the chance and was fundamentally worse, because the roster was deeply flawed. Why is it hard for some to admit that and own their takes?
Has Zappe had the same runway? I ask because I legitimately don't know. It seems like Jones had a decent length of time to get things going and never really had more than 1 above average game in a row.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I think its because by admitting that Zappe wasn't any better (and statistically he wasn't), those folks would have to admit that Jones wasn't 100% of the problem.....which goes against their schtick.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Has Zappe had the same runway? I ask because I legitimately don't know. It seems like Jones had a decent length of time to get things going and never really had more than 1 above average game in a row.
Why would he? He was a late round backup that they cut out of camp. He got his shot and did nothing with it. He also had all season long in practice to unseat a clearly broken Jones and did nothing to take the job away. That’s the issue. Nobody on the roster was good enough to overcome the issues on offense. Even worse, they weren’t behind each other or helpful with getting the other guy prepared. Time to blow it all up and start over.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Sub 60% completion. 6td, 9 picks. GROSS!!! QBR 23.2

Reactions: LSCII

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I think its because by admitting that Zappe wasn't any better (and statistically he wasn't), those folks would have to admit that Jones wasn't 100% of the problem.....which goes against their schtick.
Who are you talking about? Again, there might be one person you are referring to. Nobody can ever stick to what has actually been said and who said it. It always ends up in this same back and forth nonsense.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Why would he? He was a late round backup that they cut out of camp. He got his shot and did nothing with it. He also had all season long in practice to unseat a clearly broken Jones and did nothing to take the job away. That’s the issue. Nobody on the roster was good enough to overcome the issues on offense. Even worse, they weren’t behind each other or helpful with getting the other guy prepared. Time to blow it all up and start over.
That's fair. I just figure at some point during Jones' horrible tenure they would try something else. The whole "it can't be any worse" strategy. Even though it could in fact get worse, it's not like it meant anything.

Reactions: LSCII

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Nope. The real question is which path the organization takes. Build up the roster like the Eagles/Niners and find a QB after round 1 or use that high pick on the QB and go from there.
Assuming someone doesn't blow you away with a trade offer, if you've got the #3 pick in the draft, and there's a QB that you like, you have to take him.

Reactions: Gordoff

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That's fair. I just figure at some point during Jones' horrible tenure they would try something else. The whole "it can't be any worse" strategy. Even though it could in fact get worse, it's not like it meant anything.
I think the lack of a cohesive offensive line coupled with receivers that couldn’t get open doomed whomever was back there. You throw in the rumored dysfunction between Bill and BOB and you get what we all saw this year.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Assuming someone doesn't blow you away with a trade offer, if you've got the #3 pick in the draft, and there's a QB that you like, you have to take him.
I think I agree (without knowing what might happen around the league). My fear is if you do that and then throw him to the wolves with a crap roster. That has doomed many promising QBs before. What I do know for sure is I don't want Bill here for this QB decision.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
i have a bad feeling he isn't going anywhere

never was. Kraft too chicken to embark on that path

Macs noodle arm is weak it doubles as a hypnotizing device to think he can complete a pass over 10 yards.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I really don't see anyway the two QBs don't go 1-2. Whether the Bears take one or trade that pick, the QBs are the top 2 picks.

So the question is could you entice Chicago with the 3rd overall+ for less than the draft chart calls for. I know it should probably take next year's first and something like a 3rd rounder, but if you're Chicago and you decide to keep Fields, isn't giving him MHJ on a rookie deal the best possible outcome?

Since Chicago would know exactly what it's getting if it moves from 1 to 3, could you simply add in a 2nd round pick next year to make it happen? How low could you go? Cause while someone below you can offer more, they can't guarantee Chicago it'll get MHJ.

Last edited:

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I really don't see anyway the two QBs don't go 1-2. Whether the Bears take one or trade that pick, the QBs are the top 2 picks.

So the question is could you entice Chicago with the 3rd overall+ for less than the draft chart calls for. I know it should probably take next year's first and something like a 3rd rounder, but if you're Chicago and you decide to keep Fields, isn't giving him MHJ on a rookie deal the best possible outcome?

Since Chicago would know exactly what it's getting if it moves from 1 to 3, could you somply add in a 2nd round pick next year to make it happen? How low could you go? Cause while someone below you can offer more, they can't guarantee Chicago it'll get MHJ.
The other question here is how comfortable would you be just sitting at #3 and taking Jayden Daniels?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The other question here is how comfortable would you be just sitting at #3 and taking Jayden Daniels?

I don't have an opinion yet. All I can say until I do have one is that if the person making that call on draft day 100% believes he will be a really good NFL QB I support it. It all starts with the QB. That's how you have sustained success.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I have zero issue with Belichick the coach. If he truly is willing to give up personnel decisions and just focuses on coaching the roster? 100% okay with him staying.

I just don't see how after having the control he had for so long, he'd just wake up today and decide he's okay with relinquishing that.

That'd be like telling the president of a company that they are now a middle manager/department head or something.

That all being said, I also don't want them to fall into the trend of hiring some "young offensive guru" type. For every McVay, there's a ton of guys that don't belong. Mike McDaniels couldn't coach his way out of a bag.

sounds like a great deal at his old age. Get someone to pick the groceries and he can coach them up. He doesn't have to make a drastic life change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad