Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs: Patriots finish 4-13, Will pick 3rd. Mayo hired as HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Harbaugh loses the NC game tomorrow night ( hopefully) and leaves Michigan for the Chargers….or the Bears. Vegas, a distant third option unless they throw stupid money…which they won’t.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Unless you're confident a team will actually trade a pick for Belichick just fire him. The Kraft's will be waking up in the middle of the night at the thought of having to pay Belichick 25 million to coach somewhere else and assemble a new front office and coaching staff. I think it's going to be Mayo no matter what unless Vrabel gets fired but even more if they do fire Belichick.

The plan should be unless Maye or Williams fall to 3 to take Harrison and either trade back into the first if Penix is still there in the mid to late 1st or trade for a young qb on the way out. Fields is who he is, shown improvement once he got an actual wr1 and Howell sucked to end the season and threw 21 interceptions but i think there's some talent there if you put him in a more conservative offense than Bieniemy's. Trade a mid round pick and see if you can improve them and if you can't then you have had another year to add talent on that side of the ball and should be in position to draft your next qb in the 2025 draft.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Another team can't sign Belichick to a contract if he's already under contract to the Patriots.

If the Krafts want to move on, but work out a "trade" for Belichick, they won't fire him. They'll let teams with openings know that they have permission to speak with Bill, and once Bill picks a situation he wants to go to, they'll work out the compensation.

You're not addressing what I am talking about.

I am asking what leverage do the Krafts have if they're going to fire him. Why can't he just wait them out and go where he wants? If they fire him they can't keep him hostage, too. That's not how it works.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I am asking what leverage do the Krafts have if they're going to fire him. Why can't he just wait them out and go where he wants? If they fire him they can't keep him hostage, too. That's not how it works.
You could say the same thing about Sean Payton, he wasn’t going back to the saints and everybody knew it but they had his rights. It was only a month ago Jeff Howe cited 3 rival front offices execs as saying his value could be as much as a 1st. Now I don’t think they could really get that, but a 2nd or a 3rd? That could be on the table

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

the argument I’ve heard is that the Krafts have Mayo in their back pocket.

Bill’s perspective team will want him on the job asap, instilling the program.

The Krafts can wait it out with Bill under contact and axe him at the eleventh hour.

Reactions: EverettMike

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
the argument I’ve heard is that the Krafts have Mayo in their back pocket.

Bill’s perspective team will want him on the job asap, instilling the program.

The Krafts can wait it out with Bill under contact and axe him at the eleventh hour.

What if Mayo stats interviewing with other teams?

Ultimately BB has coached the team for 24 years winning 6 Superbowls. Don't be a D*** to the guy. If you don't want him as your coach anymore, then just let him go.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Belichick press conference right now

I’m under contract and he’s going to start putting pieces together to be better next season

Wooooooooooow

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
You could say the same thing about Sean Payton, he wasn’t going back to the saints and everybody knew it but they had his rights. It was only a month ago Jeff Howe cited 3 rival front offices execs as saying his value could be as much as a 1st. Now I don’t think they could really get that, but a 2nd or a 3rd? That could be on the table

No, Payton left. They didn't fire him.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Why can't he just wait them out and go where he wants? If they fire him they can't keep him hostage, too. That's not how it works.
Well, if he waits too long, he risks not having a job in 2024, no? Or at least not having a job that he wants.

Ultimately BB has coached the team for 24 years winning 6 Superbowls. Don't be a D*** to the guy. If you don't want him as your coach anymore, then just let him go.
As an executive, Bill wouldn't be this sentimental. Go ask guys like Richard Seymour and Logan Mankins.

The Krafts need to do what's best for the organization.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
What if Mayo stats interviewing with other teams?

A coach would need to sign off on being traded so it's at least worth pursuing that option. But if Bill doesn't want to be traded it would be pointless to go down that road.

I think Mayo already has interviewed last year for HC jobs. He thinks very highly of himself ha. Maybe that ruffled some feathers this year and causes issues. I would not automatically hand him this job.

Reactions: Gordoff

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Kraft having desire to find a new Coach, GM, QB and full rebuild seems unlikely at his age. Safe bet to draft one of the top QB's and run it back with Bill and take a long vacation cruise

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Burt Breer called into Toucher and Hardy and confirmed everything I've said. If they change Belichick's role at all he either has to agree or they have to fire him.
I didn't realize people were even debating that on here. Of course this would be subject to the actual wording of his contract but ya.

Based on Belichick's tone after the game it sounds like he is open to simply coaching the team. And that's what has me terrified. We think things are gonna go smoothly and he won't have the itch to impose his way of thinking on whoever the GM is? It should be as simple as either you believe in Bill in his current role or you don't. If you don't move on.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I didn't realize people were even debating that on here. Of course this would be subject to the actual wording of his contract but ya.

Based on Belichick's tone after the game it sounds like he is open to simply coaching the team. And that's what has me terrified. We think things are gonna go smoothly and he won't have the itch to impose his way of thinking on whoever the GM is? It should be as simple as either you believe in Bill in his current role or you don't. If you don't move on.

if they are going to move on from Bill they need a plan and there isn't one in sight. They chased Brady away and now he's helping the raiders which is a shame. Bill I assume they dont want the same outcome

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
if they are going to move on from Bill they need a plan and there isn't one in sight. They chased Brady away and now he's helping the raiders which is a shame. Bill I assume they dont want the same outcome
I have a plan. His name is Jim Harbaugh. The most qualified coaching candidate potentially on the market. I would even make a run at Vrabel over Jerod Mayo. Next in line for me would be someone like Ben Johnson in Detroit.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Kraft having desire to find a new Coach, GM, QB and full rebuild seems unlikely at his age. Safe bet to draft one of the top QB's and run it back with Bill and take a long vacation cruise
Ideally, Kraft would hire someone to run football operations and then rubber stamp whoever that person wants to hire to coach the team and play quarterback, no?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I have a plan. His name is Jim Harbaugh. The most qualified coaching candidate potentially on the market. I would even make a run at Vrabel over Jerod Mayo. Next in line for me would be someone like Ben Johnson in Detroit.

why would Harbaugh come here and is Kraft going to fire and pay bill and pay Harbaugh? whats vrabels record lately

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Ideally, Kraft would hire someone to run football operations and then rubber stamp whoever that person wants to hire to coach the team and play quarterback, no?
yes, but after watching Breslow operate this offseason for the Sox, you clearly can't just hire anyone off the pile though.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
why would Harbaugh come here and is Kraft going to fire and pay bill and pay Harbaugh? whats vrabels record lately
If Harbaugh wants to make the jump to the NFL, there's only 32 jobs, of which maybe only eight will be available. The Patriots have the 3rd pick in the draft, a ton of cap space, and a really good defense.

yes, but after watching Breslow operate this offseason for the Sox, you clearly can't just hire anyone off the pile though.
The Red Sox and the Patriots are two different franchises with two different ownership groups.

One has nothing to do with the other.

• Haha
Reactions: KrejciMVP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad