2024 NHL Draft prospects

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Russia seems to have some top talent for this draft. Who is the best prospect from now on: Dontsov, Poroshkov or Demidov?

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Russian prospects -
Velikov Velikov Maxim Статистика
Demidov Demidov Ivan Статистика
Babenko Babenko Matvei Статистика
Nizameev Nizameev Artemy Статистика
Trofimchuk Trofimchuk Oleg Статистика
Chernyshov Chernyshov Igor Статистика
Gridin Gridin Matvei Статистика
Dontsov Dontsov Alexei Статистика
Poroshkov R-Hockey.ru: Порошков Данила Владимирович, Нападающий - хоккейные игроки - Резюме
Shuravin R-Hockey.ru: Шуравин Матвей Дмитриевич, Защитник - хоккейные игроки - Резюме
Taimazov R-Hockey.ru: Таймазов Арсен Артурович, Защитник - хоккейные игроки - Резюме
Lebedev R-Hockey.ru: Лебедев Богдан Валерьевич, Защитник - хоккейные игроки - Резюме
Kazakov R-Hockey.ru: Казаков Матвей Алексеевич, Нападающий - хоккейные игроки - Резюме
Shubin https://r-hockey.ru/player.asp?TXT=86145&Language=e
Karpachevsky https://r-hockey.ru/player.asp?TXT=69640&Language=e
Onishko https://r-hockey.ru/player.asp?TXT=78292&Language=e
A.Shen https://r-hockey.ru/player.asp?TXT=90354&Language=e
Sysoev https://r-hockey.ru/player.asp?TXT=84836&Language=e
Burakov https://r-hockey.ru/player.asp?TXT=84392
Kudinov https://r-hockey.ru/player.asp?TXT=93699&Language=e
Akhmetshin https://r-hockey.ru/player.asp?TXT=97784&Language=e
Pautov https://r-hockey.ru/player.asp?TXT=83562&Language=e
Gurevich https://r-hockey.ru/player.asp?TXT=77589&Language=e

Keep an eye on Ivan Demidov. According to the Russian website he has 20 + 8 in 10 games this season so far. Very high level figures taking into account that it is a late birthday just like Michkov was 2019-20. And apparently he is not the type of over-developed player who makes use of his superior physical attributes to beat his opponents.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Kiviharju played very little last year but until then he was, since 2016, the one who was furthest ahead.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Adam Jecho for Czechia Born 24.03.2006 (15 y 4 m)

Probably the youngest player in the tournament
Hi, I noticed that you often write about Czech and Slovak players. And you probably have a good overview of them, I praise :)
We discussed Jecho here recently, I know you have a high opinion of him. Aren't you afraid that his dominance is primarily due to his physical dispositions (I haven't seen him play yet, I'll be watching him closely except for HGC)? What do you think are the pros and cons of how you see his hockey IQ?

Last edited:
Reactions: hellwar9

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Hi, I noticed that you often write about Czech and Slovak players. And you probably have a good overview of them, I praise :)
We discussed Jecho here recently, I know you have a high opinion of him. Aren't you afraid that his dominance is primarily due to his physical dispositions (I haven't seen him play yet, I'll be watching him closely except for HGC)? What do you think are the pros and cons of how you see his hockey IQ?

It's true that I remain wary of the kind of players who are too physically strong too soon.

The typical case is Quinton Byfield. Ultra-dominant at 14, he then had the profile of a No. 1 draft and a generational player. But he looked like a man playing against children. Gradually his domination has faded and each year, he seems to lose part of the margin he had without being able to reinvent himself.

This is obviously to be feared for Jecho but there is a notable difference. Unlike Byfield, Jecho has always played against older players. At 14, Byfield was playing in a local U15 league. At 13, Jecho was playing the Czech U17 championship.

If he stays in Finland, he will probably play in U18 in a great league.

He therefore performs against older players and in a region where there is a great concentration of talent.

It remains to be seen if he really has the hockey genius (IQ, skills). I can not tell you. I've never seen him play. His name popped up in my data because every time I shake up eliteprospects stats he appears very high and way ahead of other players with his age.

I have a doubt. Not on his place in the NHL draft. A right-handed center with such a precocious physique is almost already a guaranteed 2024 first round player.

Rather on his talent among seniors. When he loses a large part of the physical gap that separates him from his opponents, it will be different. Mentally, when you realize that you have always dominated and that gradually, players double you, it is not easy to manage.

I cannot predict his evolution. He can fall, he can impress more. All I can say is that he comes across as a big name in the 2024 draft and his presence at the tournament proves it. I will see him for the first time in game against very high level players who are 2 years older.

It will be very interesting.

Reactions: Goodman68

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Eiserman is supposed to be the best American player since Eichel/Matthews.
I watched some of his games at Nationals in early May. He was playing on a stacked team, but he is a great talent who can score in many ways. He is bigger than a lot of kids, but that's not how he dominates. He uses his speed, skill, anticipation, and hockey sense more. A couple other kids on that team are also highly-rated for 2024.

PB, I'm sure you know about American Aidan Park and Canadian Mack Celebrini, so I mention this for the benefit of others reading the thread. Both are centres, BTW, and were big parts of that Shattuck 14U national championship team.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Some German names to keep an eye on for 2024:

Paul Vinzens
Anton Götz
Oskar Müller
Colin Schlenker
Max Herzog
Noah Samanski
Leon Bußmann
Maximilian Brunner
Tim Mäding
Luis Kuehberger

Last edited:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Best Slovak so far for this class is Jakub Chromiak. He’s an offensive defenseman who just missed out on making HGC roster.

Wait until you see the players born in 2006 in action.

For example, Tomas Slank had 28 points in 32 games at 13 in Slovakia U16 two years ago. 4 points in one game last year. It seems to have been more complicated in U18, however.

Jakub Chromiak seems to be ahead of his brother. Hellwar who was worried about not seeing continuity after 2023 may already tick this name. We can already be sure that 2024 will be better than 2021 and will not be a year of total misery.

For 2025, shaking up the statistical data, I discovered the name of Samuel Misak, born June 25, 2007.

Largely leading the Slovak team at WSI U12 2019 (2007 generation). 4 points at 13 in his only U16 match recorded.

It smells like a good player but we don't have enough information to get an idea of the level of the players born in 2006 and 2007.

We're going to see a lot of revalations in a short period of time this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hellwar9

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Very under the radar, low key prospect.

Huge 15 year old, 6 foot 4 LD Pier-Etienne Cloutier

Has played 2 preseason games so far for the Quepec Remparts, in the Q.
- in his last game he scored 2 assists, was +3, recorded 1 hit.

He was Remparts 6th round pick in the 2021 QMJHL Draft.

SwissMountaineer

Mar 13, 2019
Wait until you see the players born in 2006 in action.

For example, Tomas Slank had 28 points in 32 games at 13 in Slovakia U16 two years ago. 4 points in one game last year.

No offense, but WHY is everyone always jerking off with nothing but points production when trying to find future stars? Does anyone pay attention to things like skating (forwards-backwards-sideways), balance, energy, stamina, reading the game, right decisions, etc? I mean points totals at junior level most of the time don't mean necessarily anything for a potential NHL-career. A 12-year-old who is 180 tall with 90% attitude and good hands will score a lot of points and look amazing, but in most cases will not go very far. Whereas a 12-year-old who skates well, gives a 100% literally in every shift of every game, will most likely develop into something in the long run. Of course in the latter case, you'd actually need to see the kid play to make those observations - the former you can just find from the stats.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Western names to keep tabs on:
Berkly Catton
Tristan Doyle
Keith McInnis
Roger McQueen
Tyson Buczkowski
Gavin Garland
Trae Wilke
Corbin Vaughan
Charlie Elick
Cayden Lindstrom
Jonas Woo(Jetts brother)

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
My watch list for 2024

Alexei Dontsov, Russia
Alfons Freij, Sweden
Adam Jecho, Czech Republic
Aron Kiviharju, Finland
Adam Kleber, USA
Aidan Park, USA
Alexander Zetterberg, Sweden
Berkly Catton, Canada
Brayden Dube, Canada
Brodie Ziemer, USA
Clarke Caswell, Canada
Connor Davis, Canada
Cole Eiserman, USA
Colin Frank, USA
Christian Humphreys, Canada
Christopher Thibodeau, Canada
Carson Wetsch, USA
Danila Poroshkov, Russia
David Reinbacher, Austria
Diego Buttazzoni, Canada
Drake Murray, USA
Elias Knoester, Sweden
Elijah Leinwand, Canada
Elliot Sigrell, Sweden
Emil Vinni, Finland
Fyodor Bazylev, Russia
Felix Lacerte, Canada
Gavin Garland, Canada
Henry Mews, Canada
Ivan Demidov, Russia
Izayah Luddington, USA
Jakub Chromiak, Slovakia
Julien Lanthier, Canada
Jeremy Leroux, Canada
Justin Poirier, Canada
Johannes Sideback, Sweden
John Whipple, USA
Konsta Helenius, Finland
Keith McInnis, Canada
Karl Sterner, Sweden
Linus Eriksson, Sweden
Luke Misa, Canada
Landon Watson, USA
Macklin Celebrini, Canada
Matvei Gridin, Russia
Michael Hage, Canada
Maddix McCagherty, Canada
Matthew Virgilio, Canada
Niklas Nykiri, Finland
Nathan Villeneuve, Canada
Otto Hanson, Canada
Oskar Vuollet, Sweden
Paul Mayer, Germany
Roope Rajala, Finland
Ryder Ritchie, Canada
Sacha Boisvert, Canada
Seth Tansem, Canada
Simon Zether, Sweden
Tristen Doyle, Canada
Tyron Fevry, Canada
Tanner Howe, Canada
Tij Iginla, USA
Timur Kol, Russia
Tomas Mrsic, Canada
Tobias Ohman, Sweden
Trae Wilke, Canada
Thomas Zocco, USA
Vincent Palmarin, Canada
Viggo Wiklund, Sweden
Will Felicio, USA
Will Skahan, USA
Xavier Veilleux, Canada

Last edited:

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Some German names to keep an eye on for 2024:

Paul Vinzens
Anton Götz
Oskar Müller
Colin Schlenker
Max Herzog
Noah Samanski
Leon Bußmann
Maximilian Brunner
Tim Mäding
Luis Kuehberger
Update here; Paul Mayer has exploded onto the scene and is really putting himself in a league of his own amongst German ‘24 Eligibles.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Thomas Chathoot

Dec 12, 2021
What would u see for the 2022 Qmjhl Draft?
I have a few players for the 2022 QMJHL Draft
Justin Poirier
Julien Lanthier
Felix Lacerte
Xavier Veilleux
Thomas Desruisseaux
Jeremy Leroux
Marek Beaudoin
Maxim Masse
Eliot L'Italien
Guillaume Fillion
Adam Fortier-Gendron
Mathieu Taillefier
All should get drafted into the QMJHL next draft. I think Poirier, Lacerte, Desruisseaux and Leroux will be the top forwards drafted and Lanthier and Veilleux the top dman drafted

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
I have a few players for the 2022 QMJHL Draft
Justin Poirier
Julien Lanthier
Felix Lacerte
Xavier Veilleux
Thomas Desruisseaux
Jeremy Leroux
Marek Beaudoin
Maxim Masse
Eliot L'Italien
Guillaume Fillion
Adam Fortier-Gendron
Mathieu Taillefier
All should get drafted into the QMJHL next draft. I think Poirier, Lacerte, Desruisseaux and Leroux will be the top forwards drafted and Lanthier and Veilleux the top dman drafted
How good is poirier? He’s maaa look good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad