Max Reisnecker

Swiss:
Janis Dick

Latvia:
Ingus Ločmelis

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Kiviharju's looked really good in the preseason games for the C2 AAA(u15) level to me. Clearly better than he was for most of last season, I'd say. If that would carry into the regular season, this could be a remarkable season. Very few players have been able to even play at this level 2 years above their age group. Even scoring a point per game would be a historical season... for a forward.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Let's avoid hyping up kids in grade 6 on this site. They aren't even old enough to sign up here and post. Unless its a cool highlight story like Wahlstrom, I don't think its healthy to place outside expectation on kids this young on a message board that is regularly frequented. Plus, then we also get the crazy parents who come here to hype up their little "prodigies."

Aug 25, 2009
éal
H2D7DCO.gif

Reactions: 99664987

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Let's avoid hyping up kids in grade 6 on this site. They aren't even old enough to sign up here and post. Unless its a cool highlight story like Wahlstrom, I don't think its healthy to place outside expectation on kids this young on a message board that is regularly frequented. Plus, then we also get the crazy parents who come here to hype up their little "prodigies."
By the way, why would it be OK to talk about some random highlights but not be OK to talk about extremely good hockey players, for this age?

I honestly don't get this. What happened to "if you don't like the thread, don't post in it"? After all, in figure skating, skaters are already in limelights at the age of 13.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
By the way, why would it be OK to talk about some random highlights but not be OK to talk about extremely good hockey players, for this age?

I honestly don't get this. What happened to "if you don't like the thread, don't post in it"? After all, in figure skating, skaters are already in limelights at the age of 13.
The thing is that there are too many freaks of nature that dominate sports when they are 13, it’s why you don’t see the kids playing in the little league World Series making the mlb a few years later

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Because so many of these kids fail. If I don't like a thread, I have more than a right to think its stupid and point that out. Wahlstrom is alright to talk about because it was a cool story. This is to hype up kids who are so far from making it to the NHL it is ridiculous. These kids aren't old enough to post here, why should someone be promoting them.

You are talking about kids in sports where they peak early. But, fine, hype up the next Finnish tiger tyke who looks good.

Last edited:

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com

There's a difference between "look at this cool SC play from a kid" and "this kid is going to be the next big thing."

Reactions: Elvs and 93LEAFS

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
There was a kid in PeeWee years back in 2010ish named Jaeger White. He was being hyped up as the next big thing cause he broke records in PeeWee in Alberta. Then things changed when he got rid of the cage and put on the visor and played against older kids in junior.

I dont mind discussing players once they are drafted into junior hockey(14- 15ish) but before that is just crazy.

I usually dont post in threads of prospects this far in advance but out of curiousity i clicked on it thinking it may just be a joking around thread seeing that these kids just finished elementary school(depending on area of the world) But it isnt.

Anyways, just my 2 cents... But everyone can discuss what they want!

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
There was a kid in PeeWee years back in 2010ish named Jaeger White. He was being hyped up as the next big thing cause he broke records in PeeWee in Alberta. Then things changed when he got rid of the cage and put on the visor and played against older kids in junior.

I dont mind discussing players once they are drafted into junior hockey(14- 15ish) but before that is just crazy.

I usually dont post in threads of prospects this far in advance but out of curiousity i clicked on it thinking it may just be a joking around thread seeing that these kids just finished elementary school(depending on area of the world) But it isnt.

Anyways, just my 2 cents... But everyone can discuss what they want!
I just think its a bad thing overall. I recommend anyone read the book Play Their Hearts Out by George Dohrmann. It focuses on AAU basketball, and more specifically, a kid who was ranked as the #1 13-year old in the nation named Demetrius Williams, and his AAU coach. It follows him through high-school, to college recruiting to his very disappointing college career. Hockey is nowhere as extreme. But, read that book and think it is a good idea to put rankings on kids this young. Just let them play a kids game, work hard, develop and see where they end up when they enter the junior draft, and maybe start looking at NHL chances then. Not only do I think threads like this are stupid, I think they are morally wrong to an extent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad