HF Habs: 2024 Draft- Who do you pick?

Who do you pick at 6th overall?

• Total voters

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Out of that list, it will eventually come down to Catton vs Iginla. While Catton's talent is undeniable, I think people slept on Iginla's talent for too long. And he brings grit and decisiveness to his game. Always want to be in the play.

I have no idea how you pass on Iginla at this point unless Celebrini and Demidov are there. Or unless you want to go needs. Though, this year, a couple of D's are pretty much a great mix between needs and BPA. Dickinson, Parekh, Buium.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Should be at 5th now! And, I think Lindstrom is there. Injury concerns is going to drop him. Demidov could be there as well, same as Michkov. One thing is for sure....we have no idea how this could shake out.

It sounds crazy, but I have yet to see anyone on this site, correctly predict all top 10 picks. There are risers and there are fallers.

Random tankathon....

1. Cgy - Macklin
2. San Jose - Levshunov
3. Chicago - Iginla (perfect pairing for Bedard)
4. Ducks - Parekh
5. Jackets - Eiserman
6. Habs - Demidov/Lindstrom
7. Arizona - Lindstrom/Demidov
8. Sens - Dickinson
9. Buffalo - Silayev
10. Jersey - Catton

I wouldn't bet the farm on this happening....but it wouldn't surprise me.

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012
Should be at 5th now! And, I think Lindstrom is there. Injury concerns is going to drop him. Demidov could be there as well, same as Michkov. One thing is for sure....we have no idea how this could shake out.

It sounds crazy, but I have yet to see anyone on this site, correctly predict all top 10 picks. There are risers and there are fallers.

Random tankathon....

1. Cgy - Macklin
2. San Jose - Levshunov
4. Ducks - Parekh
5. Jackets - Eiserman
8. Sens - Dickinson
9. Buffalo - Silayev
10. Jersey - Catton

Demidov would be a dream come true, I never saw a player with this kind of skating edge moves..
When he deck a player, he doesnt deck only with is stick, but with is skating edge, so beautiful to watch :)

Mikah

Feb 19, 2018

Random tankathon....

1. Cgy - Macklin
2. San Jose - Levshunov
4. Ducks - Parekh
5. Jackets - Eiserman
8. Sens - Dickinson
9. Buffalo - Silayev
10. Jersey - Catton

Has Iginla moved so much, to be considered above Lindstrom, Eisernan or Demidov, and even in the top 10?

Is there a possibility where Montreal could pick Catton at 6-7ish, and then trade two first-round picks (Winnipeg and Calgary) to move to 12-14th and pick Iginla as well if he is available, assuming Winnipeg is in the low 20?

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Has Iginla moved so much, to be considered above Lindstrom, Eisernan or Demidov, and even in the top 10?

Is there a possibility where Montreal could pick Catton at 6-7ish, and then trade two first-round picks (Winnipeg and Calgary) to move to 12-14th and pick Iginla as well if he is available, assuming Winnipeg is in the low 20?
I don't think he has moved on the consensus draft lists, but its a crap shoot sometimes. If a team sees something that others don't, a guy can certainly climb. Same holds true for someone who falls.

The combine is still to come, and that will provide insight to teams, that we are never privy too.

My point was, we can all be prepared to be a little surprised come draft day.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Not about Lindstrom unless his medicals are poor, certainly not Demidov, but yes he should pass Eiserman based on everything going on.

I doubt Iginla would be available in 12-14th, you could get a MBN but moving the Calgary pick with the WPG would be too steep to get into that range. Winnipeg 1st plus Avs 2nd and a 2025 3rd probably does it.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006

Not above Demidov, no.

But Eiserman and Lindstrom maybe. Eiserman has been falling for some time and Lindstrom's injury might make teams reconsider.

As for the trade, no way it happens. A lot of teams will want to trade up this year. It will take a very enticing package and two late first won't cut it.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
No matter who the Habs pick, theyre getting a friggin' awesome player.

Im not seeing a single bust in the first 12ish picks.
It's easy not to see them before the draft, it gets harder as the years go by. Well the 2003 draft only had a bust at 12th, totally insane draft. Maybe this one will be that good, better keep the picks.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It's easy not to see them before the draft, it gets harder as the years go by. Well the 2003 draft only had a bust at 12th, totally insane draft. Maybe this one will be that good, better keep the picks.
It's usually as it goes. Theres a very low failure rate in the top 10-15.

21 had Boucher, because he was an egregious reach. From 29 to 10.
'20 looks to have his first bust at 27. If Barron can at least carve out a career as a journeyman.
'19 looks to have 4 bust inside the top 10
'18 looks to have 3.
'17 has none in the first 13 picks, with Patrick retiring because of injuries, but clearly being good enough to play in the NHL.

Scouting is becoming better and better as the years go by.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Drafting 6th would be the perfect spot if we don’t win the lottery. Lindstrom or Demidov might still be there if they’re not, just take Iginla.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal

Random tankathon....

1. Cgy - Macklin
2. San Jose - Levshunov
4. Ducks - Parekh
5. Jackets - Eiserman
8. Sens - Dickinson
9. Buffalo - Silayev
10. Jersey - Catton

No way Lindstrom drops to 6th... if so, he's my pick for SURE. Not sure San Jose would want Levshunov that high ether. Otherwise, looks interesting

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No way Lindstrom drops to 6th... if so, he's my pick for SURE. Not sure San Jose would want Levshunov that high ether. Otherwise, looks interesting

They definitely would.. San Jose hasn't drafted a defenseman in the 1st round in a long, long time. If they don't win Celebrini, there's very little chance they aren't taking a defenseman.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Iginla will going to make this line-up soo good.

The fit is perfect, adding that type of talent in this team, that's going to be massive for many years to come.

I'm big fan of him since the beginning of the season and I'm happy that he is a top 5 conversation. He is that good, yep.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
They definitely would.. San Jose hasn't drafted a defenseman in the 1st round in a long, long time. If they don't win Celebrini, there's very little chance they aren't taking a defenseman.
That's kind of what I based that on - their lack of drafting D that early. I mean, I really hope they do because that pushes more forwards our way. I'm hoping it's either Celebrini (slim chance), Lindstrom or Iginla.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
1. Mack
2. Demidov
3. / D
4. / D

He’s not a lock at 5. Tij, Catton, another D all real possibilities.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That's kind of what I based that on - their lack of drafting D that early. I mean, I really hope they do because that pushes more forwards our way. I'm hoping it's either Celebrini (slim chance), Lindstrom or Iginla.

I'm holding out hope for Demidov. I could use that level of flash on my favorite team.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Seeing what Slaf is becoming, I now trust our scouting/development team.
Sorry but it's going to take a lot more than not failing on a 1st OA to make me confident with our scouting/development team. We can't solely depend on top 5 picks either. Fortunately, guys like Hutson and Fowler look promising.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I have no idea how you pass on Iginla at this point unless Celebrini and Demidov are there. Or unless you want to go needs
Agreed. Good fit with Suzuki. He finds space and likes to shoot.

Iginla - Suzuki - Slaf

OTOH, if there are concerns about Dach, maybe they create a little redundancy at center while adding a play driver. (CC remains on top line)

Roy/Newhook - Catton - Dach

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I'm holding out hope for Demidov. I could use that level of flash on my favorite team.
Yeah, I get that.

I want a guy that's going to do what Slafkovsky does on the 1st line for the 2nd line. Somebody that will bang, open up plays for Dach and Roy (?) and still has great offense. So, Lindstrom who is a big boy, or Iginla - who plays like one and is still growing.

Given that they passed on Michkov, I assume they pass on Demidov too.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah, I get that.

I want a guy that's going to do what Slafkovsky does on the 1st line for the 2nd line. Somebody that will bang, open up plays for Dach and Roy (?) and still has great offense. So, Lindstrom who is a big boy, or Iginla - who plays like one and is still growing.

Given that they passed on Michkov, I assume they pass on Demidov too.

Nah, not the same at all. Demidov has fans in the Canadiens organization, Basu/Godin confirmed it after last years draft and recently on their podcast.

Michkov's issues are unique to him.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Agreed. Good fit with Suzuki. He finds space and likes to shoot.

Iginla - Suzuki - Slaf

OTOH, if there are concerns about Dach, maybe they create a little redundancy at center while adding a play driver. (CC remains on top line)

Roy/Newhook - Catton - Dach

Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsy
Lindstrom - Dach - Roy

So if Dach gets injured, we have the option of playing Lindstrom 2C and moving up Newhook. I think a center line of Suzuki, Dach / Lindstrom, Beck, Xhekaj is a wet dream. We've been so weak at center for SO long.

Nah, not the same at all. Demidov has fans in the Canadiens organization, Basu/Godin confirmed it after last years draft and recently on their podcast.

Michkov's issues are unique to him.

Goooodaammmn what an awesome problem to have... which future star do we want??

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad