HF Habs: 2024 Draft- Who do you pick?

Who do you pick at 6th overall?

• Total voters

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I’d go with Eiserman but fine with any of them. If we don’t get Eiserman I guess I’m hoping that we can get Lidstrom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rozz and dcyhabs

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Mailloux, Hutson and reinbacher all have the potential to be as good as any d in the draft.
I would take Parekh if he is available.
They have the potential with some significant caveats. Mailloux may just need to make up for games he missed but he needs to play better D. Hutson has to prove his game will work in the NHL and probably improve his skating. Reinbacher has to show serious offense. All of them could be a #1 D, but it's pretty unlikely for the first two.

At this point I'd avoid drafting a D high unless he has a pretty good chance of being a top D. It's somewhat unlikely that the potential top Ds are available at the habs pick, but, if they are, it probably means they are going to be way down the list of forwards.

If the habs scouts think that the forwards available, Catton, Eiserman, Helenius, Iginla,, whoever, can drive play on a top line, then fine, that's the pick. If it's between a guy likely to be a pretty good top 6er and a probable #1 D they have to go with defense even if the team is stocked.

I have confidence Hughes will make the right call. In retrospect his call on Slaf vs the other options looks good. Most of the others were pretty sure to be good top 6 players, while Slafkovsky was exactly what the top line, and the team, needed. In this draft it depends on how they answer the various questions about the forward prospects. Is Catton too small for the habs? Can Eiserman score with the centers the habs will have available? Will Iginla's game translate? Is Helenius going to be elite or just top/middle 6?

My long winded point is that they need the elite guy, if there is one, at their pick. If that's a D then it's a D...

Does he uses his size to win puck battles?
He's not huge, so if he uses his size in junior will it work in the NHL?

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
I really don’t see this management taking Eiserman or Catton. If Iginla and Lindstrom are gone we will take a dman.

Reactions: Mister Hab

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
We could win the lottery lose the lottery get passed by three teams; If we end up picking 10th for example my guy is gone.

This thread is just for fun and is based on today's rankings if we don't move. This is all hypothetical. The question was based on who you would pick if we're picking 6th overall. Nobody asked you to vote if you feel jaded by this thread because you don't know who will end up being available or where will end up drafting.

Reactions: cphabs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This thread is just for fun and is based on today's rankings if we don't move. This is all hypothetical. The question was based on who you would pick if we're picking 6th overall. Nobody asked you to vote if you feel jaded by this thread because you don't know who will end up being available or where will end up drafting.
Great I'll wait for a relevant one.

If we pick Parekh then Hutson needs to go, cannot have two tiny defensemen. I would hang on to Mailloux.

Pretty sure 6th overall is in the poll title.
So we are guaranteed to pick 6th I take it. :dunno:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
8lqk8f.jpg

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I have Catton preferred by a hair over Iginla right now.

Catton has some really elite playmaking ability and vision, and he's a dual threat with his shooting ability and knack for goal scoring. He could be a huge addition to our offence, but I'm less sure about the translatability of his game to the NHL.

With Iginla, I see a middle six floor for him since he has a pretty round game already. I don't see elite playmaking ability, but his game will translate well and he has 30+ goal potential IMO.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Silayev is the only player on that list that I would be disappointed with. I prefer a forward, but Buium and Parekh would be great prospects on defense. I'm leaning Catton, because he seems to have the highest offensive upside with the least amount of warts in his game. I really like Iginla too though, and Eiserman would be a great swing for the fences pick. Helenius is growing on me, but seems like the "safe". Worried he might have the lowest offensive upside of the bunch. Don't really want a middle 6 forward with that high of a pick.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Didnt know it was religious meme I will take it down sry
No worries the context is the Christian guy is obsessed with shaking a Jewish man's hand because of Israel end times stuff blah blah blah. You obviously weren't posting it for that reason. Just such a creepy creepy dude

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Iginla, Catton, or Eiserman. I picked Iginla!

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Suprised that Iginla is a consensus pick. I feel Catton, Parekh and Eiserman look a step above as prospect and it’s almost guaranteed one of them fall on our lap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad