HF Habs: 2024 Draft- Who do you pick?

Who do you pick at 6th overall?

• Total voters

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC

To be fair, if Catton is 5'11" and 170 then so is Lane Hutson (screenshot pulled from a Spokane Chiefs video on Youtube):

1000001775.jpg

At least he's eating and trying to get bigger :sarcasm:

• Wow
Reactions: BergevinBurner

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Eliteprospects had the Iginla vs. Catton debate, and they just edged Iginla a little bit ahead.

0 concerns with how they talked it through and arrived to that decision. Always refreshing to hear a debate on prospects without it devolving into blatant exaggerations on shortcomings.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think they end up picking whoever is left between Lindstrom and Iginla (assuming Demidov is gone). If both Lindstrom and Iggy are there they need to make a tough call.

I've got big concerns on Catton's slight frame and having too many small guys with him, Caufield and Hutson all on one team. I love his game though and the chance to add high end offense, so if he falls to around #10 I'd move heaven and earth to trade up. Winnipeg 1st + Calgary 1st 2025 + a young D... whatever. Now is the time to bundle excess picks/assets together to add higher end pieces.

MolleSon

May 21, 2018
Assuming Demidov and Lindstrom are gone before we pick, I voted Parekh... True talent. I'm not that convinced about the potential of the defense as of now. That could mean that down the road (2025-depending on the evolution of things), we package Hutson or Mailloux with +++ for a top 6 prospect.

But as many others said, I'm fine with, in order of preference: Catton, Iginla, Eiserman or Helenius. Its a cant go wrong situation imo.

Reactions: Jabba11

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I voted Catton ... I have loved his pure offensive skills and instincts all year. I think he has what it takes to survive the nhl and the highest offensive potential out of those choices.

that said Iginla is a close second choice

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Honestly. I’d be happy if they drafted a guy who can actually play defence! I don’t care if he ever scored, just keep the damn puck out!

Reactions: Beer and Chips

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Tij. Mans perfect.
Can't disagree. He is dominant in tonight's game. Just stole the puck on the forecheck and set up Cristall for an easy goal. 1g2a so far tonight. 8 goals in 6 games so far. But he could easily go before the Habs pick unless they move up.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
I'd probably lean Eiserman slightly, I like his upside the most.
same here, I know he has work to do but I like how we have been rounding out the games of alot of our prospects. And could end up a huge steal if his goals translate. Iginla is my 2nd choice with perehk my 3rd

Reactions: BergevinBurner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad