GDT: 2023 Upper Deck NHL Draft: 1st Round, June 28, 7 p.m. et | ESPN, SN, TVAS: Nashville, TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
He's not a possible generational talent. Six teams passed on him. That doesn't happen to generational players. :rolleyes:

This place is unreal tonight. It's the exact same reaction that was here when we passed on Gilbert Brule to take Carey Price.

Except David R, is not a 4 guy...
I guess we see

Clearedwaivers

Feb 27, 2017
Cowan is the new biggest riser. Went 72 in the mock. 42 picks rise
I think Dreger had him going possibly in the second round but maybe in the fourth round. There’s an outside shit he goes in the first, or maybe not drafted at all. But the sense is he may it may not get drafted.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Damn, Easton Cowan is another great pick. Konecny-lite. Well done, Leafs.

LOL at the people here thinking Carey Terrance would be picked before him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So no trades yet tonight? I haven't been watching since the Habs picked and have only been reading reactions to this Habs pick all over the internet since.
I’ve been listening to Franco radio and most callers don’t get the pick. Several didn’t understand the urgency of landing a D in a quality forward draft. Some thought we are already too heavy in D. A few had watched video and liked the pick but not at the expense of Michkov.

I switched over to 690 and our pals Campbell and his garden gnome were barely paying attention to the draft. They were too busy cracking lame jokes and getting into cheap banter with callers.

An interesting interview on 98.5 FM with Eric Faille who played with Reinbacher and watched his ascension. He said the more the coaching staff gave him responsibilities, the more he showed that he could handle them and kept wanting more. And kept it up when he graduated to a higher league, where Faille ended up on the same team and saw for himself how quickly he adjusted and evolved.

Faille’s description and endorsement reflected some of the qualities that must have impressed Habs scouts.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
Whats even more crazy is we sold what we had and end up with 3 extra first round picks.

Not getting anything at the trade deadline this year was a major hit in our plans.

That what some team got for this draft alone.

With a few more picks, maybe they hit on a forward that is elite. That’s why I’m disappointed in letting the Michkov go. We have a lot of forward depth among prospects but many sit in the same tier till they can prove otherwise.

We could have left this draft with the 15th, 24th, 31st, and 37th picks as well as Askarov

Massive mismanagement for a rebuilding team. Could have really kick started our rebuild with those high selections.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
We hire an absolute clown in Borbov who's last major success was Krecji back in the stone age. We laugh that Timmins only had 2007, this guy only has 2006. The two Euro studs the Rangers drafted in Buchnevich and Shesterkin was under another scout. Would be nice if we hired people who weren't besties with Gorton's NY days and looked at hiring the best across the league. You had a guy in Kulich right f***ing there and you take Slaf's best friend.

Also why the f*** is Lapointe still here.

Why am I even watching this still
Absolutely agree with this, I think we really messed up our rebuild with these goons in charge.

Development wise we should be far ahead from the MB era but I really don't trust Bobrov and Lapointe. Lapointe seems like an idiot in all the interviews he gives.

Reactions: amethyst

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Nadeau's an interesting pick. Lots of offensive upside. I was looking at him as a possibility for the Habs at 31 had he we kept that pick. I guess he didn't make it to 31 anyway.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad