GDT: 2023 Upper Deck NHL Draft: 1st Round, June 28, 7 p.m. et | ESPN, SN, TVAS: Nashville, TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
We got Newhook mate... close to 90% no one after the 15th pick will amount to anything better than him.

As I said, I’m disappointed with that move.

Maybe it’s because I’m a draft junkie and losing two of our three best picks a day before the draft didn’t help.

No picks should get in the way of building a Stanley Cup winner, but I don’t think that move pushes us towards that goal.

Newhook isn’t a bad player, theres potential for more there, but I don’t think he brings much difference other than speed on the wing. He was also highly disappointing every time I’ve watched the Avs in the last two years.

If he can win more battles than he did last year and add more offensive input, sure it’s better than what we would most likely get with those picks (which is still unknown.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
I’ve been listening to Franco radio and most callers don’t get the pick. Several didn’t understand the urgency of landing a D in a quality forward draft. Some thought we are already too heavy in D. A few had watched video and liked the pick but not at the expense of Michkov.

I switched over to 690 and our pals Campbell and his garden gnome were barely paying attention to the draft. They were too busy cracking lame jokes and getting into cheap banter with callers.

An interesting interview on 98.5 FM with Eric Faille who played with Reinbacher and watched his ascension. He said the more the coaching staff gave him responsibilities, the more he showed that he could handle them and kept wanting more. And kept it up when he graduated to a higher league, where Faille ended up on the same team and saw for himself how quickly he adjusted and evolved.

Faille’s description and endorsement reflected some of the qualities that must have impressed Habs scouts.
This is kind of a funny post. Everyone here claims we should always draft BPA and never for need. If the BPA (according to Habs brass) was Reinbacker, then you pick him. Do people forget that you can trade for players? Picking Michkov sounds A LOT like picking for need and not BPA in this case. Anyways, it's always been pretty obvious to me that most of the sports media don't have a clue and are about as sharp as a bowl of jell-o anyways.

I'm really baffled at how personally a lot of posters have taken this pick. Also, for the lack of trades, just look at how things have gone in the last 5 years. There's been fewer and fewer big block buster trades, fewer big deadline acquisitions, fewer big splashy moves. It's just been the nature of things. The game has changed.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I’ve been listening to Franco radio and most callers don’t get the pick. Several didn’t understand the urgency of landing a D in a quality forward draft. Some thought we are already too heavy in D. A few had watched video and liked the pick but not at the expense of Michkov.

I switched over to 690 and our pals Campbell and his garden gnome were barely paying attention to the draft. They were too busy cracking lame jokes and getting into cheap banter with callers.

An interesting interview on 98.5 FM with Eric Faille who played with Reinbacher and watched his ascension. He said the more the coaching staff gave him responsibilities, the more he showed that he could handle them and kept wanting more. And kept it up when he graduated to a higher league, where Faille ended up on the same team and saw for himself how quickly he adjusted and evolved.

Faille’s description and endorsement reflected some of the qualities that must have impressed Habs scouts.

I don't recall where I read this but it said Reinbacher had a meteoric rise in terms of his progression at some point this year. So similar to last year, I think the team is trying to grab someone who is on the rise now, vs someone who is on a normal development curve. Dunno if I agree, I didn't agree with this thinking last year with Slaf.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Partly ba
And Draisatl is already the best German forward by 257 points at age 27.

Nationality is irrelevant
I said defens
The best Autrian player since 1990 is Thomas Vanek certainly not a guy you want to draft 5th overall. The 2nd best autrian player is Grabner. After that you don't want to know. Let's hope Rainman will be an
He will be better I hope than Thomas Pock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad