GDT: 2023 Upper Deck NHL Draft: 1st Round, June 28, 7 p.m. et | ESPN, SN, TVAS: Nashville, TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Frankly....I like what I saw from Cowan all year...didn't think end of 1st but surely eaerly 2nd. Still, reading HockeyProspects, scouts are raving about him.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
It’s annoying to see every rebuilding team with multiple picks on the first and second round, while we sit with only one pick that was made an hour and half ago.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Michkov, the best thing since sliced bread, the generational kid who clearly has no red flag whatsoever fell down to pick 7, even below another Russian.

Yet the Church of Michkov can't wrap their head around it, therefore everyone else is an idiot.

I mean Michkov was in my top 3 and I would've liked him but clearly if 6 teams pass on a generational talent, including one who has a direct connection with his KHL team, there's a f***ing reason behind it.
That's just it. I've been on record here many times stating my reluctance for the Habs to select Michkov for many reasons but with Bobrov having such a close connection to him, I would have been 100% fine if the Habs took him. I'm not ignorant enough to think I know more about the kid than Bobrov and the Habs scouting team know. LOL!

Reactions: Cubebrick

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He is a very good player. Not big but tenacious. What did the posters who watched London think of him?

I liked him a lot, and had him tagged for our 3rd round pick. Really competitive, good skater, stocky & has good hands. He has top 6 upside for sure.

I saw him in 2nd round on a lot of boards, but Central Scouting had him rated 3rd round in final rankings.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Seems like nobody wanted a D on this year's draft cuz so many top forwards were there easy to take. But reality it's possible that this austrian D might be the BPA. This D might be an excellent choice but everybody here was so conviced by Michkov and the group of forwards in general that the simple idea of a D was automaticly rejected.

It took balls to draft Reinbacher if Hughes was reading this board. I guess he never took time to read us and none of his scouts. So Hughes is not influenced by fans who wanted badly Dubois and not influenced by fans who wanted Michkov or Leonard or Benson. He made his choice, let be it. So the treatment is the same for pro-Dubois and pro-Michkov. Hughes doesn't give a s***.
Drafting a D is always less sexy, but let's hope they projected right with this kid.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
It’s annoying to see every rebuilding team with multiple picks on the first and second round, while we sit with only one pick that was made an hour and half ago.

Comical that we are trying to rebuild with so few top picks. Don’t worry though we have three 4th rounders!!!!

Reactions: MadMslm

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Was expecting more out of Hughes for this draft.

I know he’ll say he got a forward with lots of potential in Newhook and the top defensemen of the draft.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Vs a possible gen talent. OH YEAH seems real smart. I look forward to 2-1 games instead of 5-2
He's not a possible generational talent. Six teams passed on him. That doesn't happen to generational players. :rolleyes:

This place is unreal tonight. It's the exact same reaction that was here when we passed on Gilbert Brule to take Carey Price.

Reactions: Draft

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Comical that we are trying to rebuild with so few top picks. Don’t worry though we have three 4th rounders!!!!

Whats even more crazy is we sold what we had and end up with 3 extra first round picks.

Not getting anything at the trade deadline this year was a major hit in our plans.

That what some team got for this draft alone.

With a few more picks, maybe they hit on a forward that is elite. That’s why I’m disappointed in letting the Michkov go. We have a lot of forward depth among prospects but many sit in the same tier till they can prove otherwise.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
I thought I saw in a pre-draft ‘report’ that HuGo thinks the Habs are “set” wrt to prospects.

Did anyone else see that or was it a part of some pre-draft nightmare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad