GDT: 2023 Upper Deck NHL Draft: 1st Round, June 28, 7 p.m. et | ESPN, SN, TVAS: Nashville, TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
The Detroit comparison is even more apt if Reinbacher becomes Seider-lite. Sorry for the pessimism (I am a Habs fan afterall), but I just imagine us being a mediocre team à la Detroit for the next 5 years. I think we should have swung for the fences and gone after a potential game-breaker.
That’s also what I feel we should have done with our late first and our second round pick. Sure value wise, it makes sense. But we do not have elite talent. We need to swing for the fences.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Well they drafted Slafkovsky after looking at the size available in this draft and said we aren’t likely going to get a player with his size and profile next year so…

Slaf is a unicorn. You won't find players like him in 90% of drafts. It wasn't a needs pick.

Reactions: LaP and Canadienna

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Austria isn't exactly the hotbed of NHL dmeni think the next best was Thomas Pock
The best Autrian player since 1990 is Thomas Vanek certainly not a guy you want to draft 5th overall. The 2nd best autrian player is Grabner. After that you don't want to know. Let's hope Rainman will be an exception.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Oh for chrissakes you're being anally retentive. 6foot2.25 is a good height for an 18 year old.

Pietrangelo doesn't play a heavy game either but there's other ways D men make use of their size/height. As I mentioned, teams couldn't do anything against Vegas's size and mobility on their blue line and a 3rd string goalie cruised to a Cup championship.
Vs a possible gen talent. OH YEAH seems real smart. I look forward to 2-1 games instead of 5-2

JackZap

May 7, 2009
Habs need to re-hire Graham Rynbend. We need another top 5 pick next year, there’s no way we ever recover from this. Down bad

• Haha
Reactions: Canadienna

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I didn't want a D in this forward-heavy draft as our pick but I'm not gonna jump off a bridge because they drafted a D :laugh:
Seems like nobody wanted a D on this year's draft cuz so many top forwards were there easy to take. But reality it's possible that this austrian D might be the BPA. This D might be an excellent choice but everybody here was so conviced by Michkov and the group of forwards in general that the simple idea of a D was automaticly rejected.

It took balls to draft Reinbacher if Hughes was reading this board. I guess he never took time to read us and none of his scouts. So Hughes is not influenced by fans who wanted badly Dubois and not influenced by fans who wanted Michkov or Leonard or Benson. He made his choice, let be it. So the treatment is the same for pro-Dubois and pro-Michkov. Hughes doesn't give a s***.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad