Speculation: 2023 Trade/Free agency thread aka “The Verbeekening - Part Deux”

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
So Benoit not qualified, Shattenkirk not returning. I expect us to be landing some D, we don’t even have enough in the system right now. Lol

With the word out that EJ won't be back in Colorado, I think that's an easy fit for us. Defensive/PK right shot that can mentor Lacombe or whichever other young left shot D makes the team. Lives local to Anaheim already and can just stay around all year, or be flipped at the deadline if he wants.

Forbort as a cap dump from Boston, makes sense a placeholder partner for Drysdale. Big body defensive guy who can eat big PK minutes.

Then find the most steady minute muncher partner for Fowler who won't cost a big long term commitment.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018

1688162922465.png

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
So I just want to try and understand something. Yzerman takes both Yamamoto and kostin from Edmonton for nothing, assumingly with the pretext that kostin was the real get. They then both buy out Yamamoto and then don't qualify kostin. So....they better have some sort of understanding with kostin, right?

Are we sure yzerman is a genius GM?

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
So I just want to try and understand something. Yzerman takes both Yamamoto and kostin from Edmonton for nothing, assumingly with the pretext that kostin was the real get. They then both buy out Yamamoto and then don't qualify kostin. So....they better have some sort of understanding with kostin, right?

Are we sure yzerman is a genius GM?
I think taking Yama's contract was the payment for taking Kostin, and I think you're right that they have some understanding with Kostin.

Or something better came along afterwards and they're cutting their losses.

Or he made a mistake.

Reactions: Static

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
So Benoit not qualified, Shattenkirk not returning. I expect us to be landing some D, we don’t even have enough in the system right now. Lol

Oh we do have enough to populate the NHL club right now, but I dunno if I wanna run Fowler and five youths/rookies at the NHL level. It was terrible two seasons ago when we have to field three rookies (drysdale, benoit, and mahura) when one of Fowler, Lindholm, or Manson fell to injury.

Reactions: Leonardo87

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I wouldn't mind Reeves, though I've always gotten the impression that he was just a slightly-better Ritchie.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if Ducks sign Nolan Patrick to be 4C with size and bench warmer for when he's hurt. Bob Murray would be all over former top5 picks lol.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Kostin made minimum salary last year. What would be gained to not qualify him ($874K) ? Fear of arbitration? If they are making him a UFA today, why wouldn't he just look for the best offer tomorrow rather than have some deal lined up with Wings?

So many questions, so few answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad