Speculation: 2023 Trade/Free agency thread aka “The Verbeekening - Part Deux”

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
So I just want to try and understand something. Yzerman takes both Yamamoto and kostin from Edmonton for nothing, assumingly with the pretext that kostin was the real get. They then both buy out Yamamoto and then don't qualify kostin. So....they better have some sort of understanding with kostin, right?

Are we sure yzerman is a genius GM?
Actually, Y is just showing his mentorship of Verbeek!!

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
A fair number of the guys who weren't qualified are likely to resign with their current team anyway. It's already happening. Just something to keep in mind when putting your wish list together.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Unqualified wishlist, but I’m sure a few will get dumb money, and all of these guys wouldn’t want to sign with us:

Kostin
McLeod
Shaw
Bastian
Gadjovich
Geekie
Gregor

Foote
Maybe Bear

Reactions: McDonald19

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I know he is not a FA, but the one affordable journeyman D we moved that I have so regretted is Hakanpaa.

With all these FA names that are thrown around, my first thought is if they will be a better big defenseman for our needs than Jani; especially for the paltry dollars it would have cost us.

John

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Unqualified wishlist, but I’m sure a few will get dumb money, and all of these guys wouldn’t want to sign with us:

Kostin
McLeod
Shaw
Bastian
Gadjovich
Geekie
Gregor

Foote
Maybe Bear
Bears out 6 months with injury from world championship, so he might sign cheap if the ducks are interested in a second half of season dman

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
I'm surprised by how much I want Matt Duchesne to be a Duck. I know its exceptionally unlikely, and probably not in our best interest or his, but I just love the way he plays this game. Would like to see that kind of player in our sweater.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don’t know if I want Dumba but he has some incredible defensive numbers the last few years. He isn’t like Klingberg at all.

They might've been alike about 5-6 years ago, but Klingberg has gotten worse defensively, Dumba better. Dumba makes the odd mistake, but he actually tries on D, and his feet allow him to get to situations quickly. Klingberg... it's like he doesn't even know how to try to play defense any more. Talented guy, but he needs to be heavily sheltered defensively. Dumba can be the one sheltering on a pairing.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Pulj anyone ? He won't cost anything in a trade now as a UFA. Has size and could replace silf as bottom 6 defensive RW.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I'm surprised by how much I want Matt Duchesne to be a Duck. I know its exceptionally unlikely, and probably not in our best interest or his, but I just love the way he plays this game. Would like to see that kind of player in our sweater.
He's being paid millions of dollars to be away from the Preds... I don't think he'd be a good influence for a rebuilding team

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I know he is not a FA, but the one affordable journeyman D we moved that I have so regretted is Hakanpaa.

With all these FA names that are thrown around, my first thought is if they will be a better big defenseman for our needs than Jani; especially for the paltry dollars it would have cost us.

John
Huge mistake letting him walk. He would
Be the perfect complement to our skilled dmen. His contract is one of the best deals.

Reactions: Yemeth

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Screenshot_20230630-234026.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad