WJC: 2023 Sweden Roster Talk

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
According to who? not being snarky im honestly looking for information.

Is he skating again?
Team physio. He started skating on the ice with the rest of the team the day this came out (Monday)

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Red Wings REALLY hate sending their prospects to the World Juniors - really starting to dislike them for it.

Moritz Seider
Marco Kasper
Simon Edvinsson

All were healthy and fully capable of attending but aren’t.
They play for professional teams , not juniors. Do you think Kasper should play with no chance to win , or play as top line center in SHL. Did Rossi play lately for his country . ?

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
They play for professional teams , not juniors. Do you think Kasper should play with no chance to win , or play as top line center in SHL. Did Rossi play lately for his country . ?
I’m firmly in the camp that says the WJC is a great development tool, but there are definitely exceptions and Kasper seems to be in a position where he wouldn’t get as much out of this tournament as some others would. Apparently he’s getting solid minutes with his pro team, and Austria certainly isn’t going to give him the opportunity to play in a series of high pressure medal games, or even with high calibre players that would match his level of play.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
I arrive at this:

Isak Rosén - Leo Carlsson - Fabian Lysell [our best players]
Liam Öhgren - Noah Östlund - Jonathan Lekkerimäki [I let ÖÖL (!) change after RCL]
William Strömgren - Filip Bystedt - Oskar Pettersson [the light version of Carlsson-Bystedt-Pettersson]
Victor Stjernborg - Milton Oscarson - Simon Robertsson
Fabian Wagner

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
What are the odds Adam Engstrom makes the team?
Already made it. Sweden's missing their top 3 dmen, which made his door wide open. Expect him in the top 4.

Sweden needs to only cut one player from the roster anyway, and that'll most likely be Norén or Jonasson.

Reactions: SlafySZN

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Lindstein a potential NHL 1st round wasn't even close despite SWE missing their top 3 defensemen? Seems weird to me
Lindstein just got back from injury which means he missed the WJAC too, so not on the map, and this first half of the season that has been the story, injuries. Heck, even before it started, with a car crash.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Saw someone make a thread for Canada WJC team 2023/2024, made me think what a possible Swedish team could look like next year, with all healthy and available.

Liam Öhgren - Noah Östlund - Jonathan Lekkerimäki
Leo Carlsson - Filip Bystedt - Oskar Pettersson
Alexander Suzdalev - Noah Dower Nilsson - Otto Stenberg
Isac Born - Fabian Wagner - Noel Nordh

Calle Odelius - Elias Salomonsson
Elias Pettersson - Axel Sandin Pellikka
Jakob Noren - Mattias Hävelid
Theo Lindstein

Hugo Hävelid
Alexander Hellnemo

Reactions: hn777

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Saw someone make a thread for Canada WJC team 2023/2024, made me think what a possible Swedish team could look like next year, with all healthy and available.

Theo Lindstein

Hugo Hävelid
Alexander Hellnemo

This years team looks mediocre. Next years team could be a serious contender for gold.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

king89

Dec 4, 2018

Theo Lindstein

Hugo Hävelid
Alexander Hellnemo
That's a damn strong team.

Pure Talents

Feb 23, 2015
I think only the defence is mediocre.
Lekkermaki, Wagner, Noren, Pettersson . 11 under aged???. Havelid is just married to his 04:s. Sure they took gold in U18. But Canada, USA or Slovakia didn’t have their squads. And Russia wasn’t even there.
Coach is gambling with his job!
Lekkermaki shows nothing in Allsvenakan
Wagner is not even dominating in J20 league. Noren plays because MODO has a injury on Berg.
Only Carlsson, E Pettersson, Ostlund, Ohgren, Bystedt should be there.
I think only the defence is mediocre.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Lekkermaki, Wagner, Noren, Pettersson . 11 under aged???. Havelid is just married to his 04:s. Sure they took gold in U18. But Canada, USA or Slovakia didn’t have their squads. And Russia wasn’t even there.
Coach is gambling with his job!
Lekkermaki shows nothing in Allsvenakan
Wagner is not even dominating in J20 league. Noren plays because MODO has a injury on Berg.
Only Carlsson, E Pettersson, Ostlund, Ohgren, Bystedt should be there.
Yeah many underagers, but our 04 age group is better then 03. Lekkerimäki has the talent, hes just in a bad form.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Sweden - USA 00:00 swedish time tonight! average defence, underaged attack, bad form for many players and decent goalies = humiliation loss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad