Goalies:
Carl Lindbom
Ian Blomquist
Lukas Swedin
Hugo Hävelid
Albin Boija

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Do you see weakness in the post of the goalkeeper? Wallstedt is a generation goalkeeper for Sweden, completely out of all goalkeepers such as WJC Dansk, Söderström or Sandström. I like the depth and strength of the attack, but I have to hope that I don't see any Sundsvik or Stakestad in an important role and with a high playing time in a year. I has been frustrating to see these stuping things for the last six years as if it were some way of tormenting a Swedish fan and testing his patience.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I wonder what variant will make neorotics freak out by then maybe its the ultromicron beta alpha reward plus variant.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Do you see weakness in the post of the goalkeeper? Wallstedt is a generation goalkeeper for Sweden, completely out of all goalkeepers such as WJC Dansk, Söderström or Sandström. I like the depth and strength of the attack, but I have to hope that I don't see any Sundsvik or Stakestad in an important role and with a high playing time in a year. I has been frustrating to see these stuping things for the last six years as if it were some way of tormenting a Swedish fan and testing his patience.
I like Lindbom, but I don't think he's up there with the quality of goalies we've had since around the 2014 WJCs. So yeah that's a weakness.

The defense is little barren, especially if Edvinsson somehow doesn't play. Will be interesting to see what happens with Lindstein, you're just kind of waiting for him to pop off in the national leagues.

Hopefully Hallam is a sign of things to come in regards to Montén's replacement.

Reactions: Elias40

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hello Sweden fans.. quick question... Your country took a different approach... I was just wondering if at any time between then and now if your Swedish league was shutdown or had capacity limits for fans? Or has it been wide open and sold out the whole time with no interruptions?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Top heavy defense and weak goaltending, but the offense should be very good.

Rosen-Dower Nilsson-Lysell
Ohgren-Oostlund-Lekkerimakki
Almgren-Wagner-Stromgren
Carlsson-Bystedt-Stjernborg
Suzdalev-Stenberg

Edvinsson-Havelid
Olsson-Salomonsson
Forsmark-Pettersson
Odelius-Lindstein

Lindbom
Blomquist
Havelid

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Top heavy defense and weak goaltending, but the offense should be very good.

Rosen-Dower Nilsson-Lysell
Ohgren-Oostlund-Lekkerimakki
Almgren-Wagner-Stromgren
Carlsson-Bystedt-Stjernborg
Suzdalev-Stenberg

Edvinsson-Havelid
Olsson-Salomonsson
Forsmark-Pettersson
Odelius-Lindstein

Lindbom
Blomquist
Havelid

Carlsson and Bystedt should play higher up. Wagner is not a center.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I like Lindbom, but I don't think he's up there with the quality of goalies we've had since around the 2014 WJCs. So yeah that's a weakness.

The defense is little barren, especially if Edvinsson somehow doesn't play. Will be interesting to see what happens with Lindstein, you're just kind of waiting for him to pop off in the national leagues.

Hopefully Hallam is a sign of things to come in regards to Montén's replacement.

I thought Magnus Hävelid will take over after Monten?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Carlsson and Bystedt should play higher up. Wagner is not a center.

I watched Wagner play center earlier this season. Maybe it wouldn’t be a good idea to use him at center for a big tournament like this. I was trying to include as many skilled players as possible, but if that happens, the bigger players may have to be role players. Can’t have a full team of 5’11 skill guys in all spots.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Edvinssons gonna be in the nhl and kangas will be this years stakkestad.

He is going to have to have a massive pre-season. I guess we will see if Yzerman leaves a spot, I doubt he does and if he only leaves one I wouldn't be surprised if it Sebrango that is actually up to start while they transition Edvinsson to NA. Remember that was the original plan with Raymond who blew that out of the water along with Vrana's injury. While I can see that being the hopeful plan, my guess is they design on putting him in the AHL trough Christmas, releasing him for the World Juniors and then letting him play his nine games in Detroit and slide his contract.

Now he could absolutely earn his way out of that. I hope he does, much like Raymond. But the beat writers seem to be floating Grand Rapids already, in which case he has the chance to have an utterly dominate WJC in my opinion. I guess we will see, I think we will know a lot more in mid-July based on what Stevie does. But when Bultman and other Red Wings writers seem to suggest that is what they think will happen, I don't think it is because they are completely in the dark. I know Yzerman is quiet, but he has always used the local media to his advantage, he just doesn't help them often. Them giving his company line, well that isn't as rare as I think a ton of people suggest. He is secretive in terms of how often he will meet and things of that nature, he never leaks transactions, but we have a pretty decent transparency with Yzerman on prospects. I guess we will see, excited to see him and Seider together as soon as that can happen. What a terrifying duo.

If they cannot redo it in the summer and he isn't with the Wings, I really hope Edvinsson knocks the next tournament out of the park. I feel really bad for a few of these guys over the last two years, a bunch of guys have missed once in a lifetime opportunities, I hope that isn't the case next year, I know we all do, but it sure would be nice.

Keep in mind with Raymond and Seider, they now come up the same year. I am not sure Yzerman will lineup Edvinsson's contract extension for the year after. Something managers have to weigh that we spend very little time on as fans. Also, we could lucky in the draft lottery and alter our timelines. I doubt we get lucky, nobody has had less of it in this system. But pretty hard to rule him out from Team Sweden a year out especially with Detroit a very fluid picture.

Reactions: wingerdinger

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
He is going to have to have a massive pre-season. I guess we will see if Yzerman leaves a spot, I doubt he does and if he only leaves one I wouldn't be surprised if it Sebrango that is actually up to start while they transition Edvinsson to NA. Remember that was the original plan with Raymond who blew that out of the water along with Vrana's injury. While I can see that being the hopeful plan, my guess is they design on putting him in the AHL trough Christmas, releasing him for the World Juniors and then letting him play his nine games in Detroit and slide his contract.

Now he could absolutely earn his way out of that. I hope he does, much like Raymond. But the beat writers seem to be floating Grand Rapids already, in which case he has the chance to have an utterly dominate WJC in my opinion. I guess we will see, I think we will know a lot more in mid-July based on what Stevie does. But when Bultman and other Red Wings writers seem to suggest that is what they think will happen, I don't think it is because they are completely in the dark. I know Yzerman is quiet, but he has always used the local media to his advantage, he just doesn't help them often. Them giving his company line, well that isn't as rare as I think a ton of people suggest. He is secretive in terms of how often he will meet and things of that nature, he never leaks transactions, but we have a pretty decent transparency with Yzerman on prospects. I guess we will see, excited to see him and Seider together as soon as that can happen. What a terrifying duo.

If they cannot redo it in the summer and he isn't with the Wings, I really hope Edvinsson knocks the next tournament out of the park. I feel really bad for a few of these guys over the last two years, a bunch of guys have missed once in a lifetime opportunities, I hope that isn't the case next year, I know we all do, but it sure would be nice.

Keep in mind with Raymond and Seider, they now come up the same year. I am not sure Yzerman will lineup Edvinsson's contract extension for the year after. Something managers have to weigh that we spend very little time on as fans. Also, we could lucky in the draft lottery and alter our timelines. I doubt we get lucky, nobody has had less of it in this system. But pretty hard to rule him out from Team Sweden a year out especially with Detroit a very fluid picture.
Of course im making a prediction. Its not as big of a longshot as you make it out to be. I dont think adjusting to NA ice is as big of an issue for Edvinsson than the average euro prospect. As seen by his all be it small sample size at the wjc.

Then consider the already accelerated development Simon shown this season in such a short time span. He's in more ways then one head and shoulders above the player he was last year, and as the SHL season unfolds and Frolunda makes deep runs in the playoffs and the CHL. I only see Edvinsson's game evolving and getting stronger for it. He's already well above Raymond's performance last year and just below Seider's.

You make a great point about Yzerman staggering contracts. However I believe Yzerman's big into merit and Edvinsson and he wont make rookies jump through arbitrary hoops just for the sake of it, like the red wings organization of old.

Ebbert

Dec 15, 2018
Isak Rosen* - Liam Dower Nilsson - Fabian Lysell*

Liam Ohgren - Noah Ostlund - Jonathan Lekkerimaki

Leo Carlsson - Filip Bystedt - Albert Sjoberg*

William Stromgren - Victor Stjernborg - Fabian Wagner

Extras: Otto Stenberg and Simon Robertsson

Simon Edvinsson* - Elias Salomonsson

Anton Olsson* - Mattias Havelid

Simon Forsmark - Elias Pettersson

Extras: Calle Odelius and Theo Lindstein

Carl Lindbom

Ian Blomquist

Hugo Havelid

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Hello Sweden fans.. quick question... Your country took a different approach... I was just wondering if at any time between then and now if your Swedish league was shutdown or had capacity limits for fans? Or has it been wide open and sold out the whole time with no interruptions?

Why did nobody respond for a week?

Perhaps you got your answer someplace else, but:

The 2019-20 SHL finished its regular season schedule with empty arenas for the last few games, then outright cancelled the playoffs. My team Luleå HF won the regular season by a hefty margin and was looking primed to end a then 24-year long cup drought, so that cancellation will continue to sting for a while. They also decided to cancel the promotion/relegation playoffs in 2020: Oskarshamn’s spot in the SHL is widely believed to have been saved by corona, at the expense of one of Björklöven, MoDo or Timrå, the latter of which won promotion in 2021.

The 2020-21 season was scheduled as usual and was played in near-empty buildings. Iirc, at times they allowed 300 people in the audience, and I believe some teams held lotteries or something to accommodate season ticket holders mainly. It’s hard to remember every single period of time and what restrictions were in-place when, but I believe that some restrictions were lifted for restaurants in the spring which meant that in some arenas there were a small crowd cheering on their team from a restaurant section with a view.

There were - A LOT - of postponed games last year due to breakouts, and some teams were affected more frequently and more severely than others, mostly in terms of sometimes not playing for weeks, but there were likely some issues with players’ conditioning following corona. I seem to recall Linus Klasen having a bit of a slump and needing some time to get back on form after contracting the virus in the fall. The schedule was halting badly about a year ago: I remember Malmö having a long period catching up on games, where they however made a pretty good run in the standings and ultimately made the playoffs.

There were no cancelled games, but due to the number of postponements the playoffs commenced later, and the format had to be shortened and intensified plus teams had to deal with contract issues due to players now being asked to play games when their contracts normally would expire or when they would enter off-season.

The 2021-22 season began with empty or limited arena capacity, but a week or so into the season it was announced that they could return to full capacity in October. A handful of games were moved following this decision, to accommodate the fans.

Due to increased spread of the virus, capacity is being restricted again since around Christmas. I’m not keeping up with it that well right now, I believe that maybe 1000-1500 people or a percentage of the capacity or something is allowed in the arenas.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Why did nobody respond for a week?

Perhaps you got your answer someplace else, but:

The 2019-20 SHL finished its regular season schedule with empty arenas for the last few games, then outright cancelled the playoffs. My team Luleå HF won the regular season by a hefty margin and was looking primed to end a then 24-year long cup drought, so that cancellation will continue to sting for a while. They also decided to cancel the promotion/relegation playoffs in 2020: Oskarshamn’s spot in the SHL is widely believed to have been saved by corona, at the expense of one of Björklöven, MoDo or Timrå, the latter of which won promotion in 2021.

The 2020-21 season was scheduled as usual and was played in near-empty buildings. Iirc, at times they allowed 300 people in the audience, and I believe some teams held lotteries or something to accommodate season ticket holders mainly. It’s hard to remember every single period of time and what restrictions were in-place when, but I believe that some restrictions were lifted for restaurants in the spring which meant that in some arenas there were a small crowd cheering on their team from a restaurant section with a view.

There were - A LOT - of postponed games last year due to breakouts, and some teams were affected more frequently and more severely than others, mostly in terms of sometimes not playing for weeks, but there were likely some issues with players’ conditioning following corona. I seem to recall Linus Klasen having a bit of a slump and needing some time to get back on form after contracting the virus in the fall. The schedule was halting badly about a year ago: I remember Malmö having a long period catching up on games, where they however made a pretty good run in the standings and ultimately made the playoffs.

There were no cancelled games, but due to the number of postponements the playoffs commenced later, and the format had to be shortened and intensified plus teams had to deal with contract issues due to players now being asked to play games when their contracts normally would expire or when they would enter off-season.

The 2021-22 season began with empty or limited arena capacity, but a week or so into the season it was announced that they could return to full capacity in October. A handful of games were moved following this decision, to accommodate the fans.

Due to increased spread of the virus, capacity is being restricted again since around Christmas. I’m not keeping up with it that well right now, I believe that maybe 1000-1500 people or a percentage of the capacity or something is allowed in the arenas.
Thank you so much. Appreciate the detailed answer!

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
We have U18 WJC before this. Lots of good players to choose from:

Gustaf Albihn
Hugo Hävelid
Lukas Swedin
Melvin Lind

Albin Sundin
Mattias Havelid
Calle Odelius
Dennis Good Bogg
Elias Salomonsson
Elias Pettersson
Filip Nordberg
Hugo Fransson
Hugo Hell
Jakob Noren
Joel Kjellberg
Lukas Lagerberg
Matteus Söderbom
Theo Lindstein
Victor Jonsson

Alexander Suzdalev
Erik Påhlsson
Fabian Wagner
Filip Bystedt
Fabian Hellström
Helmer Styf
Jonathan Lekkerimäki
Joel Jonsson
Kalle Carlsson
Liam Öhgren
Leo Carlsson
Linus Hemström
Maximilian Kilpinen
Noah Östlund
Otto Stenberg
Oskar Pettersson
Rasmus Rudslätt
Tim Almgren

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Regarding u20 WJC:

Isak Rosen - Leo Carlsson - Fabian Lysell

Liam Ohgren - Noah Ostlund - Jonathan Lekkerimaki

Liam Dower Nilsson - Oliver Johansson - Filip Bystedt

William Stromgren - Victor Stjernborg - Albert Sjoberg

Simon Robertsson

Simon Edvinsson - Anton Olsson

Elias Salomonsson- Mattias Havelid

Simon Forsmark - Theo Lindstein

Victor Sjöholm (lets face it, he will be there)

Carl Lindbom

Ian Blomquist

Hugo Havelid

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Ridiculous to place Robertsson as 13th forward or even outside the squad.
Robertsson has scored most goals in the SHL of all swedish forwards born 2003 or later.
He's a lock.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Edvinsson will likely not be there. Everyone else should be available. That’s good.

Defensively this team looks mediocre at best. The forward group looks better but that depends entirely on how the 04s progress.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00