WJC: 2023 Sweden Roster Talk

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Got to give a few Swedes credit on how they have been doing at the World Juniors. I was a bit skeptical

Milton Oscarson
Skill-wise I still think he is a poor skater with little upside, but he has been good and definitely filled a role. Worked his butt off and looked good along the boards and in front of the net. He has done his job well.

Fabian Wagner
I have always been a fan of Wagner. Think he is an extraordinary all-round player that does most things well. I was, however, surprised to see him make the team as an underager, but I have been pleasantly surprised. Strong two-way game, pretty good physical game and been involved offensively as well.

Axel Sandin-Pellikka
Love his game and skill-level and he has been awesome with the Swedish U18 team, but I did not think he would perform this well and consistently at age 17. Let alone getting big minutes. Challenges Odelius as the most mobile Swedish D. I see him climbing the draft rankings a whole lot. Theo Lindstein, who?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Sweden finally figured it out and has moved the one man show to nowhere to his own line away from the other top talent

Reactions: hn777

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Axel Sandin-Pellikka
Love his game and skill-level and he has been awesome with the Swedish U18 team, but I did not think he would perform this well and consistently at age 17. Let alone getting big minutes. Challenges Odelius as the most mobile Swedish D. I see him climbing the draft rankings a whole lot. Theo Lindstein, who?

Probably should have waited to write that until they had played Canada. Poor Sandin-Pellikka, that was a performance he wants to forget badly. (although I guess most Swedish d were completely eaten alive by team Canada...)

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Probably should have waited to write that until they had played Canada. Poor Sandin-Pellikka, that was a performance he wants to forget badly. (although I guess most Swedish d were completely eaten alive by team Canada...)
Better have his worst game done with now, though.

But yeah, the D... We knew Detroit, & injuries hurt us bad, but I expected more from them tbh.

Reactions: Preds666

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I am much more frustrated with Odelius and Pettersson honestly. Can't even count the number of times they got pocket picked due to slow decision making and execution. At least Pellikka plays with some pace.

This team is full of underaged players and it shows. Weak 03 age group is the big issue.

Reactions: EK47

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Its funny how neither Finns and Swedes think their team is gonna win so we'll see what happens. I think you guys will win just because your team has more individual talent, powerplay will give the game to you guys.

I met a couple amazing Swedish people so that has made me appreciate heck of a lot more how Swedes are and Sweden as a neighbour. Good luck and we'll see who will win :)

Reactions: ZEBROA and hn777

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Its funny how neither Finns and Swedes think their team is gonna win so we'll see what happens. I think you guys will win just because your team has more individual talent, powerplay will give the game to you guys.

I met a couple amazing Swedish people so that has made me appreciate heck of a lot more how Swedes are and Sweden as a neighbour. Good luck and we'll see who will win :)
It's also funny how Swedes and Finn's are usually in the finals of every tournament. U18, Hlinka, this one.in summer.

Shame you meet so soon because you are both strong medal.contenders!

Good luck!

Reactions: ZEBROA and FinPanda

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017

In hockey i hate to loose against u. As people in general Finns are among the absolute best ive met.

Reactions: FinPanda

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I am much more frustrated with Odelius and Pettersson honestly.
Yeah. IMO Odelius has probably been the worst performing Swedish player in this tourney. His defensive reads have been so bad. His mobility cannot save him when his IQ is limiting him the way it has done so far.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Just heard Leo Carlsson in an interview, he needs to slow down his speech when he has a stutter.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Great ending, Sweden!

What happened to Lekkerimäki? He keeps getting benched?

Reactions: EK47

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Good luck in the semifinal :)

Usuaally I don't wish you guys to win gold, but yeah since meeting and actually talking to Swedish people.. I see how similar we aare culturally even tho the language is very different. Go win it all. :)

Reactions: Blueston and EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Great ending, Sweden!

What happened to Lekkerimäki? He keeps getting benched?
Don’t know really the djurgården-trio have all been pretty much invisible since the austria game. But Östlund and Öhgren are still able to bring something else when not being ”on”.

Reactions: majormajor

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
These last three games we've been outshot 114 - 67. Huge credit to Lindbom, who will need to put up a Hasek-like performance if we're gonna win this, unless some of our big names start showing up.

novon04

Dec 21, 2011
Good thing Odelius was benched pretty early in this game. Norén with Sandin-Pelikka was much better.

But what´s up with the PP? It has mostly looked terrible and it seems like they are going with two "equal" PP lineups. Neither of them are good right now.. IMO they should have a clear 1st unit with Carlsson, Bystedt, Rosén, Lysell and probably Jansson, with Carlsson in front of the net.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
These last three games we've been outshot 114 - 67. Huge credit to Lindbom, who will need to put up a Hasek-like performance if we're gonna win this, unless some of our big names start showing up.
Well, Carlsson showed up v. Finland, needs more ice time. Everytime he, & his line were on the ice great things happened.

Good thing Odelius was benched pretty early in this game. Norén with Sandin-Pelikka was much better.

But what´s up with the PP? It has mostly looked terrible and it seems like they are going with two "equal" PP lineups. Neither of them are good right now.. IMO they should have a clear 1st unit with Carlsson, Bystedt, Rosén, Lysell and probably Jansson, with Carlsson in front of the net.
Bystedt in front of the net, Carlsson should be the primary play driver.

Ebbert

Dec 15, 2018
Liked the line of Leo Carlsson - Filip Bystedt - Fabian Wagner. We really need more from the Djugardens line, Isak Rosen and Fabian Lysell (show some flashes but can put it in the net and seems uninterested when backchecking etc). We are fortunate to have Leo Carlsson, Axel Sanin-Pellikka and Carl Lindbom, they showed up this game big time !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad