2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs General Discussion

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I actually think I want Toronto to beat Tampa and Edmonton to lose to LA. Edmonton and Leaf fans get into it a lot and I could only imagine what they would be like after that result on here.

Especially as someone who thinks Oiler fans are, by far, the worst group of fans in the league.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I actually think I want Toronto to beat Tampa and Edmonton to lose to LA. Edmonton and Leaf fans get into it a lot and I could only imagine what they would be like after that result on here.

Especially as someone who thinks Oiler fans are, by far, the worst group of fans in the league.
I would love this but also add a repeat of the Bruins Leafs series from a decade ago and have them blow a 3 goal lead just over 10 minutes left in game 7

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I would love this but also add a repeat of the Bruins Leafs series from a decade ago and have them blow a 3 goal lead just over 10 minutes left in game 7

Oh yeah definitely. I dont want to see the Leafs go much further then the 1st round... But I would like to see them finally get over that hump, its been a long time coming.

Leaf fans aren't nearly as awful as Oiler fans, but they still aren't great by any means so I certainly dont want to see them win it all.

I think in terms of fan bases that are fairly intelligent and not full of idiots at least on here, Carolina, New Jersey, Winnipeg, LA, are all teams I'd be ok with winning besides the Avs. Personally I dont mind Wild fans for the most part either.

But really anybody Edmonton wouldn't bother me too much. If Edmonton wins I'm taking an extended break from this site :laugh:

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Oh yeah definitely. I dont want to see the Leafs go much further then the 1st round... But I would like to see them finally get over that hump, its been a long time coming.

Leaf fans aren't nearly as awful as Oiler fans, but they still aren't great by any means so I certainly dont want to see them win it all.

I think in terms of fan bases that are fairly intelligent and not full of idiots at least on here, Carolina, New Jersey, Winnipeg, LA, are all teams I'd be ok with winning besides the Avs. Personally I dont mind Wild fans for the most part either.

But really anybody Edmonton wouldn't bother me too much. If Edmonton wins I'm taking an extended break from this site :laugh:
Forget this site, if Edmonton or Toronto win (even worse if they play each other), I’m going to have to take a break from the whole of the Canadian media for quite a while

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Anyone doing the NHL bracket challenge? And anyone having issues with the site? Man that thing is beat. I created a league for a bunch of buddies and brackets are either not getting saved, or they're disappearing.

Reactions: AlysonChainz

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Anyone doing the NHL bracket challenge? And anyone having issues with the site? Man that thing is beat. I created a league for a bunch of buddies and brackets are either not getting saved, or they're disappearing.

Just made a couple then. It wasn't working at all on my PC, and took forever on my phone but I did manage to get two of them done I think.

Wouldn't work at all yesterday when I tried as well.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Forget this site, if Edmonton or Toronto win (even worse if they play each other), I’m going to have to take a break from the whole of the Canadian media for quite a while

Smart move. Nobody wants to be the last guy at an Oilers-Leafs Final circle jerk.

Reactions: GeoRox89

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Yeah the site is pretty dogshit. Worse than last year somehow.
Just made a couple then. It wasn't working at all on my PC, and took forever on my phone but I did manage to get two of them done I think.

Wouldn't work at all yesterday when I tried as well.

It's insane! Also, who the f*** allows you to still submit/change your brackets 2 days into the games...makes no sense.

Reactions: The Merchant

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's only 1-0 but complete domination by the Canes so far. They look great.
The game is boring though. That’s probably gonna be the most boring 1st round series. Switched to Boston Florida

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
No Fiala, or Vilardi for LA.

Not sure how long those guys are out for, but if it’s the whole series it should be pretty easy for Edmonton.

Reactions: Azrael89

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Damn what a play by bertuzzi, if only he had a different last name we could’ve used a guy like that.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I don't know for who to root for in the MIN-DAL series. Mutual annihilation and a bye for the winner of SEA-COL next round would work for me.

Reactions: Azrael89

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007
I don't know for who to root for in the MIN-DAL series. Mutual annihilation and a bye for the winner of SEA-COL next round would work for me.
We are rooting for game 7 and the most physical series of all time.

Reactions: Metallo

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
FLA trailing by 1 but outshooting BOS 15-8 in the 1st

Lyon is the starter for the Panthers???
He's the only reason they made the playoffs...would look pretty bad not to play him

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I honestly have no clue who to root for between Dallas and Minny.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00