2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs General Discussion

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Wish List:

1. Would love to see the Avs crawl out of the West, somehow, someway, and get to the Finals. The rest is gravy. I could live with Winnipeg coming out. Jets have done nothing to incur my ire. But Dallas, Vegas and Edmonton make me throw up in my mouth. I'm anti-LA across the board, any sport. So no to the Kings.

2. Boston loses somewhere before the Finals. Tired of the 9 month long tongue bath the Bruins have been getting from the media. Getting bounced after all that record breaking in the regular season would be frozen karma. Past that, I really don't hate anybody in the East. Even Tampa - I give grudging respect to that franchise. Somehow, they make it happen every Spring

Reactions: Avs91

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Teams I would prefer to win in the 1st round. Not thinking about potential matchups in the future, just who I like and dislike:

Canes vs Isles (Isles are just such a boring team)
Bruins vs Panthers (cheering for the underdogs here)
Devils vs Rangers (Rangers 2nd fav team, Devils fans cocky).
Leafs vs Bolts (Leafs blowing it yet again would provide top quality entertainment for months and months)

West:

VGK vs Jets (Self explanetary, f*** Vegas)
Oilers vs Kings (Edmonton rapidly becoming one my most disliked teams and fanbases)

Last edited:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Devil Rangers is going to be highly entertaining.

It is hard to pick against Boston coming out of the East though. I don't see them having a Tampa va CBJ like collapse.

I think this is the season the Leafs finally get over the hump and best Tampa. But just for the memes I'm cheering for the Bolts.

In the west Edmonton vs LA is the best storyline. I really think that LA team is going to give the Oilers a tough challenge, but Edmonton will win eventually.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Devil Rangers is going to be highly entertaining.

It is hard to pick against Boston coming out of the East though. I don't see them having a Tampa va CBJ like collapse.

I think this is the season the Leafs finally get over the hump and best Tampa. But just for the memes I'm cheering for the Bolts.

In the west Edmonton vs LA is the best storyline. I really think that LA team is going to give the Oilers a tough challenge, but Edmonton will win eventually.

I don't know, Edmonton is easy to frustrate. I can't wait for the officiating in the playoffs to really piss them off lol.

• Haha
Reactions: xAvsx89

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Late starts for us on the East coast :(

FDLnJZv.jpeg

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Last season was a record-setting year for the franchise. We were never going to be as good as last year.

Losing Landy sucks. Not making a move at the deadline for a replacement is every worse.

But this team had an incredible 2nd half still riddled with some injuries and won the division. Remember too, we won the Cup last year in spite of Kuemper's record bad numbers. We definitely are taking a hit up front, but we gain a lot more stability in net with Georgiev IMO (outside of tn).

It won't be as smooth, it won't be as predictable, but this team still has a good as shot as anyone as raising the Cup this year. Only difference is the playing field is now even - makes it more fun.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Teams I would prefer to win in the 1st round. Not thinking about potential matchups in the future, just who I like and dislike:

Canes vs Isles (Isles are just such a boring team)
Bruins vs Panthers (cheering for the underdogs here)
Devils vs Rangers (Rangers 2nd fav team, Devils fans cocky).
Leafs vs Bolts (Leafs blowing it yet again would provide top quality entertainment for months and months)

West:

VGK vs Jets (Self explanetary, f*** Vegas)
Oilers vs Kings (Edmonton rapidly becoming one my most disliked teams and fanbases)
1996 playoffs.... Panthers beat the Bruins in the 1st round...... after killing rats in the dressing room.... and went all the way to the finals!

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So many good matchups.

NYR/NJD, TBL/TOR round 2, EDM/LAK round 2, DAL/MIN.

I also think BOS/FLA has the potential to be a sneaky nasty series. Both teams have some dirty players on each team and a few guys that like to get involved in extracurriculars post whistle.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
The only eastern team I wouldn't want to win is Boston, because I think them going out in the first round would be hilarious and because the weird self-important air of their fanbase is really grating.

I would still rather Boston swept any of the western teams in the final.
Boston always manage to choke. They have extreme pressure in the 1st round and if I'm the Panthers Head Coach I'm going full mental games on that.

Reactions: Azrael89

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
As someone who got banned from the Oilers board (lol), the Kings are going to be obliterated...sadly. I want @Pierce Hawthorne to be right with every ounce of my being though.

:laugh: I dont expect to be right at all on that one, very wishful thinking.

But I do think the Kings have a real shot in that series. They took the Oilers to 7 games last year without Doughty. They've got another year of experience for some of the younger guys this time around, they've got more offense with Fiala.

I think they have a legit shot to win, but if Edmonton gets much time on the PP it will be tough for the Kings.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I’m personally looking forward to DAL/MIN for so many reasons.

The main one being the completely opposite personalities and inevitable hilarious interactions between DeBoer and Evason.

Ol’ Dean calling Pete…

1f90f7a06cff9f91f586805b7e697f60abb328f0.gifv

Pete no idea what’s going on or why people are yelling…

CalculatingBitesizedGuillemot-size_restricted.gif

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
East:

Canes (M1) vs Isles (WC1): Canes in 6
Bruins (A1) vs Panthers (WC2): Bruins in 5
Devils (M2) vs Rangers (M3): Rangers in 7
Leafs (A2) vs Bolts (A3): Leafs in 7

West:

VGK (P1) vs Jets (WC2): Knights in 4