Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season- IX: Former Red Sox pitcher Tim Wakefield and his wife are both battling cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Love this game today

If John Henry doesn’t lose his mind and go a spending spree he never will

Todays the type of game if you owned you think of selling and never watching the Red Sox again

There isn’t one team in their division you can realistically think they finish ahead of next season even with a couple of pitchers

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Love this game today

If John Henry doesn’t lose his mind and go a spending spree he never will

Todays the type of game if you owned you think of selling and never watching the Red Sox again

There isn’t one team in their division you can realistically think they finish ahead of next season even with a couple of pitchers
75-78, not a shred of big league progress from last year, last place again

I wonder if Jeff Passan is still pouring one out for Chaim Bloom

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Yeah, Bello had nothing today.

I haven't checked, but my guess is that this season is a career high for him in terms of innings pitched.
He is at 157 innings this year combined with his starts in Worcester and Boston. He had 153.1 innings last year so not a big jump from him in terms of innings.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
He is at 157 innings this year combined with his starts in Worcester and Boston. He had 153.1 innings last year so not a big jump from him in terms of innings.
He hit a massive wall in late August. Number of innings may be similar but with the amount of scouting, exposure, competition, etc. in the Majors compared to AAA, I guess it stands to reason it's rookie adjustment stuff. Hopefully next year he can keep his groove going through the year.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Now you can play the lottery on your phone in New Hampshire and Massachusetts and lookie (rhymes with Mookie) who is now an official partner

1695340172637.png

• Haha
Reactions: smithformeragent

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
He hit a massive wall in late August. Number of innings may be similar but with the amount of scouting, exposure, competition, etc. in the Majors compared to AAA, I guess it stands to reason it's rookie adjustment stuff. Hopefully next year he can keep his groove going through the year.
Bello's WHIP now stands at 1.32, worse than Paxton, Sales, Crawford and Pivetta.

BAA now at .266, behind all of the above as well as Houch.

But, he does have a 12-10 record and a lower ERA than all the other starters.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Bello's WHIP now stands at 1.32, worse than Paxton, Sales, Crawford and Pivetta.

BAA now at .266, behind all of the above as well as Houch.

But, he does have a 12-10 record and a lower ERA than all the other starters.
Hopefully it was him just running out of steam but I also heard about his day vs. night splits. Cora was even asked about it.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad