Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season- IX: Former Red Sox pitcher Tim Wakefield and his wife are both battling cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
lulz

I don't know how I want this season to end. It'd be nice if they finished higher than the Yankees, but having already fired Bloom, I think finishing last again will get Henry's hackles up to make serious investments this year - and on the flip side, if the Yankees finish last, Hal Steinbrenner will probably go big this offseason and blow up the front office, whereas if they finish the year out on a good streak they'll not be as desperate and Cashman/Boone could save their jobs. In the end, I don't know if it really matters. I just hope the kids like Rafaella get some good development in.

Reactions: EvilDead

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
lulz

I don't know how I want this season to end. It'd be nice if they finished higher than the Yankees, but having already fired Bloom, I think finishing last again will get Henry's hackles up to make serious investments this year - and on the flip side, if the Yankees finish last, Hal Steinbrenner will probably go big this offseason and blow up the front office, whereas if they finish the year out on a good streak they'll not be as desperate and Cashman/Boone could save their jobs. In the end, I don't know if it really matters. I just hope the kids like Rafaella get some good development in.
Ya at this point lose out, it literally doesn’t matter. They aren’t even playing to keep anybodys jobs now. Get that highest possible pick.

Already made good on my wins prediction anyway ;)

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Ya at this point lose out, it literally doesn’t matter. They aren’t even playing to keep anybodys jobs now. Get that highest possible pick.

Already made good on my wins prediction anyway ;)
A prediction of wins with a 20 game margin of error isn’t something you should brag about sir.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
IMG_1970.jpeg

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If there are no catwalks in play it’s at least an upgrade, maybe the roof will be extra extra high this time

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005

For those who are interested, Carrabis and company follow up on Bloom's departure, the failed Sale deal, and hint about what they've heard from within the organization about team's offseason plans.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
What was worse, Casas first half or Yoshida's 2nd half?

Worst walks to strikeouts:

Wong 22/119
Duvall 22/99
Duran 24/90
Story 5/45 (with a horrendous .217 OBP)
Combined 73/353 That's miserable.

Paxton has had more starts than Sales or Houck. Doesn't seem like it.

Lowest batting average against for Sox pitchers? Nick Pivetta (.217).

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
What was worse, Casas first half or Yoshida's 2nd half?
I have not been following this closely enough so I am just going to ask. One year in, do we think Yoshida was a good signing or bad? Current roster configuration has to be taken into account. If we are saying it's a bad signing then woof on Chaim Bloom signing Story and Yoshida as his big ticket free agents.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I have not been following this closely enough so I am just going to ask. One year in, do we think Yoshida was a good signing or bad? Current roster configuration has to be taken into account. If we are saying it's a bad signing then woof on Chaim Bloom signing Story and Yoshida as his big ticket free agents.

I would consider Yoshida's season disappointing.

With the hype and the great start, he looked like a real gem. 2nd half he looked like he gave up on working the count, walked less and struck out more. Must have grounded out to second baseman more than Yaz in his heydays.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If you're keeping score, that's $1.2 billion to build a 30,000-seat, fixed roof, artificial turf stadium right next to their existing 25,000-seat, fixed roof, artificial turf stadium in a location that no one likes.

I have never been, but I know @KrejciMVP has been before to TB for games. What's your thoughts on this? Is the area down there fixable with a plan like this or is it going to be more of the same?

The Roman Empire shirts are going to be sick when this kid is a superstar :laugh:

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
If I remember correctly on here, Keith Law is an uneducated moron who can't be trusted.
He's not an uneducated moron.

But among respected evaluators, his organizational ranking of the Sox' farm system is something of an outlier. You shouldn't completely dismiss his opinion, but it's worth noting that not many seem to share it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad