Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off Season Part II - Source: Trevor Story has internal brace surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’d go get Ahmed and keep Kike in CF

Silver lining - lot of good seats whenever you want to see a gsme, top 10 Farm system (Bruins 30th so Sox crushing them there).

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Let's sign everyone with concerning medicals to big money deals
Two wrongs don't makle it right. Signing Correa would have been as bad as Story. As soon as the Sox are entering their next true championship window the earliest, both of these guys will be past their primes. Story may already be in heavy decline depending how the surgery goes.

You should spend the big bucks when your team is a piece or two away, but this Sox team is far from that. They need to let the core develop and not rush it. You cannot force your way to the top in this league anymore, neither via draft nor via free agency.

I wish Bloom had been able to take a step back and not make a nonsensical signing in Story last year. They a) would have a better draft pick by now b) could have easily stayed under the tax last year which would have come in handy now and in the near future and c) not have a contract on the books for a player that is going to play 2B in the future when he was signed to be a SS.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
What source has us as a top 10 farm system? Been looking around but haven't been able to find that.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
What's the real story here?

Did Trevor Story know about the injury months ago and tried to brush it off, hoping it wouldn't be anything serious?

or

Did he just get hurt recently, and this wasn't something from months ago that he either knew/hid?

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
What source has us as a top 10 farm system? Been looking around but haven't been able to find that.
None that I know of.

We're just about to the point in the year where sources such as ESPN, MLB.com, and Baseball America start releasing their farm system rankings. I believe that around the middle of last season, most had the Red Sox just outside the Top 10.

The thinking seems to be that some of the teams ahead of the Red Sox had players "graduate" from prospect status, so that should enable the Red Sox to move up.

We'll see.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

Did Trevor Story know about the injury months ago and tried to brush it off, hoping it wouldn't be anything serious?

or

Did he just get hurt recently, and this wasn't something from months ago that he either knew/hid?
We might not ever know that. What we do know is that his elbow was a concern for other teams when the Sox signed him. This was basically forecasted just like TJ has been forecasted for Chris Sale.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005

or

Rob Bradford discusses what Story told him multiple times throughout last season.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Kiki Hernandez tweeted Bull Shit

He works out with him - I’ll wait till what 98.5 Sports Hub or Fawx News reports since it must be true
BWAHAHAHAH
Because a player is circling the wagons to support another teammate and friend, it makes the reporting of multiple sources untrue? Again, they saw a decrease in velocity year over year over year, which indicates elbow issues. It was known before he came here that he had issues. They got worse. So to suggest this just came out of nowhere despite it being out there for years? Laughable.

Like I said before, it's completely laughable. :naughty:

Our roster sucks. For a rich team like red sox to put out a roster like this .... yikes. Yet, people still buy tickets. SMH

At this point, might as well sign Jose Iglesias. Best SS option out there.
This is it in a nutshell. Last year for infielders we had Devers at third, Xander at SS, Story at 2nd, and Hosmer at 1st. This year we have Devers at 3rd, Heywood Jablome at SS, Richard Cranium at 2nd, and Hugh Jorgan at first. Yet they still have one of the highest priced tickets in all of baseball. Why are people still not only supporting this ownership group, but realistically, enabling them?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Because a player is circling the wagons to support another teammate and friend, it makes the reporting of multiple sources untrue? Again, they saw a decrease in velocity year over year over year, which indicates elbow issues. It was known before he came here that he had issues. They got worse. So to suggest this just came out of nowhere despite it being out there for years? Laughable.

Like I said before, it's completely laughable. :naughty:

This is it in a nutshell. Last year for infielders we had Devers at third, Xander at SS, Story at 2nd, and Hosmer at 1st. This year we have Devers at 3rd, Heywood Jablome at SS, Richard Cranium at 2nd, and Hugh Jorgan at first. Yet they still have one of the highest priced tickets in all of baseball. Why are people still not only supporting this ownership group, but realistically, enabling them?
Because Fenway is beautiful and my friends and I love the purity of baseball!!! I even still keep score with a pencil, not pen. In case I need to erase and fix any errors when the Yankees are up on is 13-1 in the 5th.

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad