Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off Season Part II - Source: Trevor Story has internal brace surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Cutting Hosmer made some sense when JDM was in the cards as a DH option. Now it just looks foolish.

I don't see any other corner OF/DH options out there on the market that we've been tied to at all, so that tells me that one of those things (and perhaps a hybrid of both at times) is going to happen:

1. They plan on DHing Yoshida which means that Duran is going to be in the everyday lineup playing OF
2. Bobby friggin' Dalbec is going to be your regular DH

Both those things make me want to cry. Just trade Devers for something now before he walks and tear the rest down.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I don't see what good comes from another year of JD its not like he wanted to stay in Boston this long with his annual opt outs until they no longer made $ense.

Bottom of the lineup for LAD now the NL has a DH is perfect for him wouldn't be surprised if we offered more and he chose them.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
It’s 12/17

Also after April JD was not good
June/July/August JDM was not good.

May JDM was fantastic.

September/October JDM was good.

Also, yeah - it's December 17th. But most high impact free agents have signed, which means you're now shifting to the trade market, and will have to give up value in order to receive value.

Less than ideal.

Stay away from Turner. He's cooked.
Beggars can't be choosers.

Statcast numbers were largely down from previous seasons, but still somewhere between respectable and pretty good.

I could see him as a full-time DH and roughly replicating what JDM gave them last year.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
June/July/August JDM was not good.

May JDM was fantastic.

September/October JDM was good.

Also, yeah - it's December 17th. But most high impact free agents have signed, which means you're now shifting to the trade market, and will have to give up value in order to receive value.

Less than ideal.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Statcast numbers were largely down from previous seasons, but still somewhere between respectable and pretty good.

I could see him as a full-time DH and roughly replicating what JDM gave them last year.
I'd rather keep Hosmer at DH than Turner. Ask Dodgers fans how he was. Infuriating.

It would be just like the Sox to have a 38 year old DH so what do I know.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I think what I'd do at this point is probably try to trade for someone like Ramon Laureano from Oakland.

Getting Laureano allows you to rotate Story, Hernandez, and Arroyo through the middle infield positions. Grab Turner to be the DH, and you're looking at a lineup that looks something like this:

LF Yoshida
SS Hernandez
3B Devers
DH Turner
RF Verdugo
2B Story
1B Casas
CF Laureano
C McGuire

Not great, but Yoshida should be more productive than JBJ was last year, Casas should be better than Dalbec, and if they can manage to stay healthy, you should get more from Story and Hernandez than you did last year.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It’s 12/17

Also after April JD was not good
Martinez was on with Rob Bradford late September and said he noticed something watching video and he felt better then he did all season

I’m ‘yah yah, typical BS’….. but he went out and raked

From mlb.com

Martinez knows a little something about home runs, too, as he belted four of them over his final nine games, tied for the most among all American League players. Martinez slashed .353/.389/.794 along the way and wrapped up his fifth full year in Boston with an emphatic two-homer afternoon at Fenway versus the Rays on Wednesday. This is his 10th career Player of the Week recognition.

For 5-8 M I bring JD back on a one year

I’m done watching the Frenchy Corderos

Guys a winner and leader

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'd rather keep Hosmer at DH than Turner. Ask Dodgers fans how he was. Infuriating.

It would be just like the Sox to have a 38 year old DH so what do I know.
I bring back JD for many reasons

I hope this is true

Story needs to stay at second

Arroyo can be the swing middle infielder

Miguel Rojas as a SS add is interesting - he’s on my APBA team I drafted 3 or 4 years ago so I follow watch him more than 99% of non Marlins fans

Great add while Mayer develops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad