Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off Season Part II - Source: Trevor Story has internal brace surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
“Wow what a journey it’s been. A lot of emotions involved throughout the whole process but always believed that at the end of the day God will put me in the right place.”- Carlos Correa

It's funny how God always puts these guys in the place where they make the most money. I believe in God as well, so I would like this to happen to me!

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
When the team who finished last makes very little (if any) effort to get better and also raises ticket prices, I deem them unworthy of my hard earned money.

I understand you can't challenge for a world series every year, but it feels like this ownership isn't even trying at this point..

I understand people enjoy going to games, as do I - but I just can't do it this year.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
When the team who finished last makes very little (if any) effort to get better and also raises ticket prices, I deem them unworthy of my hard earned money.

I understand you can't challenge for a world series every year, but it feels like this ownership isn't even trying at this point..

I understand people enjoy going to games, as do I - but I just can't do it this year.

That’s fine. You gotta do you but I don’t think people who want to go should be viewed as anything other than a fan.

This notion that if you support the team because they’re not having success, you’re some pink hat is ridiculous.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
“Wow what a journey it’s been. A lot of emotions involved throughout the whole process but always believed that at the end of the day God will put me in the right place.”- Carlos Correa

It's funny how God always puts these guys in the place where they make the most money. I believe in God as well, so I would like this to happen to me!
Solid Gold there and probably truest post we'll see today if not year on theses boards !!

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Pink Hats only care when the team is good. They fade if the team fades.
We can agree to disagree. I think pink hats have absolutely no idea where the team is in the standings and simply view going to Fenway as a social outing where you can drink overpriced beer and get on the jumbotron during Sweet Caroline. You might be the exception but I think most "hardcore" fans will not be spending their money on tickets, parking, concessions for this crap product. Hardcore fans will still watch on TV/follow how the team is doing but whether you go to Fenway or not has no bearing on your level of fandom.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
We can agree to disagree. I think pink hats have absolutely no idea where the team is in the standings and simply view going to Fenway as a social outing where you can drink overpriced beer and get on the jumbotron during Sweet Caroline. You might be the exception but I think most "hardcore" fans will not be spending their money on tickets, parking, concessions for this crap product. Hardcore fans will still watch on TV/follow how the team is doing but whether you go to Fenway or not has no bearing on your level of fandom.

There is no exception. I just am.

Why are you playing SS? :naughty:

I don’t have the arm for SS. Was a 2B when I played.

• Haha
Reactions: CDJ and LSCII

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Kike Hernandez, 38 year old Justin Turner, 35 year old Kenley Jansen

Maybe that's what the Bloomers meant by Dodgers East because it certainly has nothing to do with winning baseball games

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just shelled out 330M to a player.

“Cheap ownership”

Only of HFB can you read such stupid drivel. Absolutely comical. :laugh:
Clearly you haven’t watched how the operate over their tenure. Signing players isn’t the issue. They always grossly overreact to bad press and over correct for that. In this case, they let Betts and Bogaerts walk for nothing good in the last few years, and the fans were killing them over it since they were homegrown players. Fast forward and the overcorrection is giving it up to Devers, while they have nothing to complement him and the roster has gotten far worse than last year, when they sucked. LOFL

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Crazy that Henry couldn't be bothered to show up for the biggest contract he's ever given out.

I see they did actually end up tacking on the extension to the arb agreement. Should be easy to stay under the tax threshold, if not now then at the deadline by moving some pieces.
IIRC I believe I read somewhere that he flew to the Dominican in December to meet with Raffy. Coupled with footing the bill on the deal that’s good enough for me.

I’ll just find other things to shit on him for

As an aside…lotta talk radio BS in this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
IIRC I believe I read somewhere that he flew to the Dominican in December to meet with Raffy. Coupled with footing the bill on the deal that’s good enough for me.

I’ll just find other things to shit on him for

As an aside…lotta talk radio BS in this thread
I certainly hope you mean me!?!?! Lol

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yes, this is your standard go to. Because if anyone has a different thought than you they must have gotten it from sports talk radio.

It’s the same regurgitated nonsense. I can see why he thinks that. I happen to agree. Sports talk radio poisons the mind and makes fans stupid and their opinions null and void.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Ya, sorry. Fans aren't stupid for calling out the Red Sox for being in a terrible spot right now. It's not a contrived sports talk radio take. There have been reports from people "in the game" who have no idea what the Red Sox are doing. This isn't just Johnny from Burger King (shoutout Keith Foulke).

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well for starters there is the whole “cheap” thing AGAIN when they’re once again going to either be right at the luxury tax or go over it and be a top 5 spender once again. And just dropped the biggest contract in franchise history. For the 1000th time, that’s a dogshit claim. People can dislike *how* they spend money and there are great cases to be made on that front but to say they don’t spend money and are cheap is sheer stupidity.

But then there’s the propensity for people to hear hooves in the distance and think zebras instead of horses. Sometimes the answer is the thing that is most logical and that gets lost on people in this market- maybe just maybe they signed Devers to that deal because they like him a lot and wanted to keep him. He fits their timeline perfectly. They’ve only said it a thousand times that he’s priority 1 and that they’d be willing to go a little bit out of reason to retain him. That would be too simple tho so the owner- who notoriously doesn’t care about making unpopular decisions in recent years- decided to shell out $330 million dollars to a guy because he got booed at the winter classic or something. Like he doesn’t always get booed anyway lol. Or that Trevor Story needed surgery during the season and they forced him to wait until January to get it. It’s just silliness.

There are plenty of gripes to be had with this team- as constructed this roster would have to be very lucky to get a wildcard spot. But some of these complaints are unreasonable.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
That’s fine. You gotta do you but I don’t think people who want to go should be viewed as anything other than a fan.

This notion that if you support the team because they’re not having success, you’re some pink

but whats the appeal to drop a bunch of cash on a last place team besides proving youre not a pink hat. I'd want to see quality baseball if you're going to all the trouble paying for food beer parking and tickets

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well for starters there is the whole “cheap” thing AGAIN when they’re once again going to either be right at the luxury tax or go over it and be a top 5 spender once again. And just dropped the biggest contract in franchise history. For the 1000th time, that’s a dogshit claim. People can dislike *how* they spend money and there are great cases to be made on that front but to say they don’t spend money and are cheap is sheer stupidity.

But then there’s the propensity for people to hear hooves in the distance and think zebras instead of horses. Sometimes the answer is the thing that is most logical and that gets lost on people in this market- maybe just maybe they signed Devers to that deal because they like him a lot and wanted to keep him. He fits their timeline perfectly. They’ve only said it a thousand times that he’s priority 1 and that they’d be willing to go a little bit out of reason to retain him. That would be too simple tho so the owner- who notoriously doesn’t care about making unpopular decisions in recent years- decided to shell out $330 million dollars to a guy because he got booed at the winter classic or something. Like he doesn’t always get booed anyway lol. Or that Trevor Story needed surgery during the season and they forced him to wait until January to get it. It’s just silliness.

There are plenty of gripes to be had with this team- as constructed this roster would have to be very lucky to get a wildcard spot. But some of these complaints are unreasonable.
Like I mentioned earlier, it’s not that they’re cheap, it’s that they spend stupidly. Giving a guy like Panda that deal and then paying him 19 mill a year to not play here was dumb. He had weight issues and the team he was on where he’d won multiple titles put a clause in his deal bc he was a risk to blow up. He’d already been suspended by them for it, in fact. Taking the 30 mill per they gave price when he clearly wasn’t the right temperament to play in this town was also just dumb. And why? Because they got killed for bricking the Jon Lester negotiations. So not cheap, but again, really f***ing stupid.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad