Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk X

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Hey I got to " arrest " her and Kate Upton in this craptastic film I worked on as a Cop about 6 or 7 years ago:

81kGkVFEhBL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Daddario was very nice the day I was there but Upton had that " hey everybody - look at me.....LOOK AT ME !!!!!!!! " attitude the whole day. :thumbd:

You have gained +1 admirer this day

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hey I got to " arrest " her and Kate Upton in this craptastic film I worked on as a Cop about 6 or 7 years ago:

81kGkVFEhBL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Daddario was very nice the day I was there but Upton had that " hey everybody - look at me.....LOOK AT ME !!!!!!!! " attitude the whole day. :thumbd:
Wait ? What is going on here lol

• Haha
Reactions: NeelyDan

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Sure, if you signed him with any significant expectations. If they didn’t, or it was simply a roll of the dice, then I suppose you’d be right.

Truthfully just needed a way to vent my frustration having seen Alexandra just show her boobies to Woody Harrelson in True Detective.
I'm just trying to figure out what is frustrating about boobies?

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Hall didn’t play a top 6 role.

There isn’t any salary cap for bertuzzi.
Bertuzzi is also a turn over machine. Bruins already have an elite turn over machine in the top 6. :p he also doesn’t play centre.

Zacha probably fills in on the top line for now. I think he will be fine. I found his overall two way game pretty good. I’d like to see him shoot more. We will see. He is still young and projects to get better I think. I think zacha was part of the plan for Bergeron leaving.

Seems likely the team will give a centre prospect a chance out of camp. Poitras or maybe Anthony Richard’s.

I don’t think trading now makes sense. Most of the trades returned almost nothing so I don’t think they will get anything worthwhile now. They have to just go with what they have.

Hopefully poitras gets really strong in the off-season and cracks the line up.

Hall is more of a top 6 guy than Zacha is throughout his career. He just ended up on one of the best regular season teams where they had the luxury of dropping him to third line.

Zacha is not some rookie he has been in the league since 2016. He is who he is. He couldnt be a top center in NJ either at the end before being traded he was on their third line. good complimentary player, but so far has failed to prove he is anymore than that. They'll give him a chance, but its a gamble. Its like the Smith gamble thinking he was a top 6 guy because he had a good few weeks on the first line. A full season will show if he can handle it.

NO chance Poitras is ready. That would put him in a position to fail. He needs time in Providence. Center is the hardest position for a NHLer to break into. Too much responsibility and they arent putting him over Coyle, Zacha, Frederic or Geekie. Barring trades, and Krejci, this is your center depth.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Hall is more of a top 6 guy than Zacha is throughout his career. He just ended up on one of the best regular season teams where they had the luxury of dropping him to third line.

Zacha is not some rookie he has been in the league since 2016. He is who he is. He couldnt be a top center in NJ either at the end before being traded he was on their third line. good complimentary player, but so far has failed to prove he is anymore than that. They'll give him a chance, but its a gamble. Its like the Smith gamble thinking he was a top 6 guy because he had a good few weeks on the first line. A full season will show if he can handle it.

NO chance Poitras is ready. That would put him in a position to fail. He needs time in Providence. Center is the hardest position for a NHLer to break into. Too much responsibility and they arent putting him over Coyle, Zacha, Frederic or Geekie. Barring trades, and Krejci, this is your center depth.
We will see. Zacha took a massive step last season. Generally players don’t peak until they are 27-30 I think. He might get a bit better even.

There is also a slight chance poitras is ready. We will see how pre season goes. Zero chance is leaving yourself a slight chance to be wrong. 90% chance he isn’t ready :p see what I did there? Now I’m right know matter what :sarcasm:

I think Locmelis is pretty close but he is going the college route so probably won’t be seeing him for 4 years or so.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
While he'd be the best center on the roster, that's not any high praise given what they have. He's cooked. He was terrible last year and couldn't stay healthy. Father time remains undefeated.

Does he really thought? tho They were up 3-1 in the playoffs without him. Lost the series when he returned.

I thought he was good until February.

Maybe sign him in February for the playoffs.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I'm still confused at the Brown signing - I'd rather have let McLaughlin or even Beecher take the 4C role. Instead we signed some useless plug.

I like the Geekie and Boqvist signings - low risk, medium reward possible.

JVR/Shat - meh - cheap money and could turn out to be decent so it is what it is.

Lucic - love it for nostalgia reasons.

I still think something has to give with Sway/Ullmark. If we ride into the season with two top goalies but the worst center depth in the league I'll be upset.
I like the Geekie Boqvist and RICHARD signings - low risk, medium reward possible.

Reactions: bbfan419 and TCB

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
There isn’t any salary cap for bertuzzi.
Bertuzzi is also a turn over machine. Bruins already have an elite turn over machine in the top 6. :p he also doesn’t play centre.

Being a turnover machine can pay well. I'm practicing my giveaways as we speak.
:teach2:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
We will see. Zacha took a massive step last season. Generally players don’t peak until they are 27-30 I think. He might get a bit better even.

There is also a slight chance poitras is ready. We will see how pre season goes. Zero chance is leaving yourself a slight chance to be wrong. 90% chance he isn’t ready :p see what I did there? Now I’m right know matter what :sarcasm:

I think Locmelis is pretty close but he is going the college route so probably won’t be seeing him for 4 years or so.
Actually most of the latest research shows Fs peak early.
1690326529888.png

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Lindholm has the power- Bruins can afford him and extend - they got spot, elite linemates. I have to think Sweeney goes after him - the guy shoots big and they like Lindholms

I don’t see either goalie traded before July
That’s going out on a limb considering July is about history. Lol

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Sure, if you signed him with any significant expectations. If they didn’t, or it was simply a roll of the dice, then I suppose you’d be right.

Truthfully just needed a way to vent my frustration having seen Alexandra just show her boobies to Woody Harrelson in True Detective.

I was horrified by that scene btw.

Not my Daddario from Percy Jackson!!! :eek3:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Bruins’ Need for Krejci to Return Has Increased

Now that Bergeron has called it quits, one has to wonder what Krejci’s plans are for the 2023-24 season. The fellow longtime Bruins center is certainly somebody who Boston would love to bring back, and the need for his return is greater with Bergeron not returning. However, at the same, could Bergeron leaving lead Krejci to also retire or head overseas?

Krejci showed this past season that he is still an effective top-six center, and the truth is seen in his stats. In 70 games for the Bruins on the year, the 37-year-old posted 16 goals to go along with 56 points. If he decides to come back, he would lessen the sting of Bergeron’s retirement a bit, and he would likely serve as their first-line center. We will need to wait and see what he ends up deciding.

Possible Free-Agent Center Targets

With Bergeron’s retirement official, the Bruins could also consider taking a look at the free-agent market for another center. Although no player currently available will be a legitimate replacement for Bergeron, it would be wise to improve their depth down the middle. Some potential names who could make sense include Pius Suter, Paul Stastny, Eric Staal, and Colin White. However, they will first need to sign Jeremy Swayman and Trent Frederic to their new deals before they potentially go down this route.

Suter spent this past season with the Detroit Red Wings, where he posted 14 goals and 24 points in 79 games played. Although it was a down year for him offensively, his defensive game noticeably improved, and he became a notable part of Detroit’s penalty kill because of it. On a cheap one-year deal, he could be a player worth taking a flyer on.

Stastny would be a nice veteran to add to Boston’s current group. Although the 37-year-old’s days as a top-six forward are gone, he is still effective in a bottom-six role. In 73 games last season with the Carolina Hurricanes, he had nine goals and 22 points. Yet, when noting that he had 45 points in 71 games the year before with the Winnipeg Jets, perhaps a bounce-back campaign could be in the cards for him in 2023-24.

Staal had a solid year playing bottom-six minutes for the Panthers this past season, posting 14 goals and 29 points in 72 games. Similar to Stastny, his best days are over, but he is a decent option to consider giving a league-minimum contract to.

White, on the other hand, had 15 points in 68 games for the Panthers. Perhaps joining his hometown team could help him turn things back around. Keep in mind, this is a player who has had past success in the NHL.

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Now that Bergeron has called it quits, one has to wonder what Krejci’s plans are for the 2023-24 season. The fellow longtime Bruins center is certainly somebody who Boston would love to bring back, and the need for his return is greater with Bergeron not returning. However, at the same, could Bergeron leaving lead Krejci to also retire or head overseas?

Krejci showed this past season that he is still an effective top-six center, and the truth is seen in his stats. In 70 games for the Bruins on the year, the 37-year-old posted 16 goals to go along with 56 points. If he decides to come back, he would lessen the sting of Bergeron’s retirement a bit, and he would likely serve as their first-line center. We will need to wait and see what he ends up deciding.

With Bergeron’s retirement official, the Bruins could also consider taking a look at the free-agent market for another center. Although no player currently available will be a legitimate replacement for Bergeron, it would be wise to improve their depth down the middle. Some potential names who could make sense include Pius Suter, Paul Stastny, Eric Staal, and Colin White. However, they will first need to sign Jeremy Swayman and Trent Frederic to their new deals before they potentially go down this route.

Suter spent this past season with the Detroit Red Wings, where he posted 14 goals and 24 points in 79 games played. Although it was a down year for him offensively, his defensive game noticeably improved, and he became a notable part of Detroit’s penalty kill because of it. On a cheap one-year deal, he could be a player worth taking a flyer on.

Stastny would be a nice veteran to add to Boston’s current group. Although the 37-year-old’s days as a top-six forward are gone, he is still effective in a bottom-six role. In 73 games last season with the Carolina Hurricanes, he had nine goals and 22 points. Yet, when noting that he had 45 points in 71 games the year before with the Winnipeg Jets, perhaps a bounce-back campaign could be in the cards for him in 2023-24.

Staal had a solid year playing bottom-six minutes for the Panthers this past season, posting 14 goals and 29 points in 72 games. Similar to Stastny, his best days are over, but he is a decent option to consider giving a league-minimum contract to.

White, on the other hand, had 15 points in 68 games for the Panthers. Perhaps joining his hometown team could help him turn things back around. Keep in mind, this is a player who has had past success in the NHL.
Did Don Godfather write this article? Why on earth would we need to sign any of those guys?

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020

I don't totally understand this, in the context that they knew in May. They'd already have this done if they'd known all this time (and I believe they did).

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Curious, would any combination of Carlo, Frederic, Mast, Poitras, Lohrei, and future 1st rounders be on the table for Elias Lindholm and/or Hanifin? Or are some of those pieces non-starters?

I can't see Carlo being available. Bruins lack RHD depth and Carlo is a key cog of they're PK. The rest though, sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad