Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

1689528722403.png

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
@Gee Wally. Just wanted to respond to your question from the last thread. I had posted about Bergy maybe taking the year off and coming back fresh in a years time.

As to your question. I thought I had read that Bergeron needed/had surgery that would keep him out until December at least. Is that not correct? My post was based on that understanding that maybe instead of coming back he just take the year and rest to heal his war wounds and come back in Marchands last season when we can put some hopefully bigger pieces in place

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
The team...
March - Bergy - DeBrusk
JVR - Zacha - Pastrnak
Boqvist - Coyle - Geekie
Lucic - Brown - Lauko
X: Greer

Grzelcyk - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Forbort - Shattenkirk
X: Zboril - Mitchell

The kids...
Merkulov/Lysell compete for a top6 spot, and Beecher/McLaughlin/Steen compete for a 4th line spot.
Lohrei competing with Gryz for a spot in the top4? Walsh and Regula competing with Mitchell and Shattenkirk for playing time.

Potential Trades...
Single: Frederic for a pick? Sweeney said he wants to claw back some draft picks.

Homerun: Frederic and Lohrei for Hanifin? That would make Grzelcyk expendable in a separate deal for a pick. Hate to give up Lohrei but if they have Hanifin and Lindholm that's the left side on lock for years.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
So 5.4 mil in cap space right to sign Swayman, Frederic, and maybe Bergeron. Seems clear we'll need to move out some salary at some point. Feel like it has to be one of Forbort or Zboril that goes. Time to either commit to Zboril in a full time role or move him, no one gains anything from him barely playing again.

Reactions: Gordoff

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
So 5.4 mil in cap space right to sign Swayman, Frederic, and maybe Bergeron. Seems clear we'll need to move out some salary at some point. Feel like it has to be one of Forbort or Zboril that goes. Time to either commit to Zboril in a full time role or move him, no one gains anything from him barely playing again.
He is absolutely terrible. We gain wins when we play better defensemen. As for trading him, yes please.

Reactions: Forester65 and Kegs

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Think they might have a deal in their back pocket when/if negotiating with Frederic breaks down.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I just can't get how good he was in 2021-22 in those 9 games before his injury out of my head, it really felt like he was finally breaking through and then he blew his knee out.
All of us don’t make excuses in our daily lives so we shouldn’t for Coyle knee, Bergy herniated disk, and Ullmark.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I am not sure Monty has any confidence in Lauko

He dressed him over Frederic game 5 but after bumbling a two on none break with Nosek, and getting 2 minor penalties one that led to Florida third goal - after 7 minutes he was done

Sweens is running it back if Bergeron is back - he’s added better veterans and Lauko, Clifton and even Freddy he bailed on could all be gone

Lauko days seen numbered

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

He dressed him over Frederic game 5 but after bumbling a two on none break with Nosek, and getting 2 minor penalties one that led to Florida third goal - after 7 minutes he was done

Sweens is running it back if Bergeron is back - he’s added better veterans and Lauko, Clifton and even Freddy he bailed on could all be gone

Lauko days seen numbered
I hope not, Lauko should be a fixture on the 4th line with his skill set of blinding speed and fearlessness. He also works hard on the defensive side of the game.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Think they might have a deal in their back pocket when/if negotiating with Frederic breaks down.
Arbitration will make the decision for both sides if and when negotiations break down.

Lauko days seen numbered
I don't know about Lauko. Sweeney structured that contract as a deterrent to getting claimed on the waiver wire. Seems like someone he is trying to protect.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
@Gee Wally. Just wanted to respond to your question from the last thread. I had posted about Bergy maybe taking the year off and coming back fresh in a years time.

As to your question. I thought I had read that Bergeron needed/had surgery that would keep him out until December at least. Is that not correct? My post was based on that understanding that maybe instead of coming back he just take the year and rest to heal his war wounds and come back in Marchands last season when we can put some hopefully bigger pieces in place

I found it surprising as I had not heard nor read anything in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino