Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Hat Harry

Michael Scarn
Sep 27, 2010
Boston, MA
Thinking about next years lines, I think in an ideal world they pair guys off then fill in the holes, something like this as the top 9:

x-Zacha-Pasta
Marchand-x-debrusk
freddy-coyle-x

Spreads the top 6 talent out and stabilizes the bottom 6 by keeping Coyle down there. Then fill in the x's with guys like Geekie, Boqvist, Merkulov, etc. until you find something that works.
Our ideal worlds look very different

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
For those players they dealt: 3 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks, a 3rd, a 4th and a 5th.

Not complaining about the trades at all, but when you are looking at those assets coming out of the bank, you have to understand that leaves less to spend now.

Right now they have (not including 6ths and 7ths)
'24 4th and 5th
'25 1st, 3rd and 5th
'26 All
'27 All

If Lindholm cost 2 of the following 3 assets do you do it: Lysell, Lohrei, '25 1st? Also understanding that salary would have to go back so you'd be losing a roster piece as well.
Yes, easily assuming he comes with an extension.

Wouldn’t even blink.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
For those players they dealt: 3 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks, a 3rd, a 4th and a 5th.

Not complaining about the trades at all, but when you are looking at those assets coming out of the bank, you have to understand that leaves less to spend now.

Right now they have (not including 6ths and 7ths)
'24 4th and 5th
'25 1st, 3rd and 5th
'26 All
'27 All

If Lindholm cost 2 of the following 3 assets do you do it: Lysell, Lohrei, '25 1st? Also understanding that salary would have to go back so you'd be losing a roster piece as well.

In my mind they trade Ullmark for the keumper package 1st, mid prospect and a 3rd and they are much better positioned to make deals with the added assets and cap flexibility.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
The asking price for EL and MS just went up since Bergy retired.
Our hand is forced now to trade one of Ullmark or Swayze. Maybe DS is waiting for the arb hearing and hoping his contract is more in line to what he is offering due to his 90 games only played?
I think he gets somewhere around 3.85 -4M a year. If you can tie him up for 3-4 years at 4M I would grab it.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Can a rookie free agent really ever qualify as a "bust"?

Sure, if you signed him with any significant expectations. If they didn’t, or it was simply a roll of the dice, then I suppose you’d be right.

Truthfully just needed a way to vent my frustration having seen Alexandra just show her boobies to Woody Harrelson in True Detective.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
I'm still confused at the Brown signing - I'd rather have let McLaughlin or even Beecher take the 4C role. Instead we signed some useless plug.

I like the Geekie and Boqvist signings - low risk, medium reward possible.

JVR/Shat - meh - cheap money and could turn out to be decent so it is what it is.

Lucic - love it for nostalgia reasons.

I still think something has to give with Sway/Ullmark. If we ride into the season with two top goalies but the worst center depth in the league I'll be upset.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I'm still confused at the Brown signing - I'd rather have let McLaughlin or even Beecher take the 4C role. Instead we signed some useless plug.

I like the Geekie and Boqvist signings - low risk, medium reward possible.

JVR/Shat - meh - cheap money and could turn out to be decent so it is what it is.

Lucic - love it for nostalgia reasons.

I still think something has to give with Sway/Ullmark. If we ride into the season with two top goalies but the worst center depth in the league I'll be upset.
Brown can be very easily buried if it come to it, he's not gonna stand in the way of any prospects making the big club if they look ready.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The asking price for EL and MS just went up since Bergy retired.
Our hand is forced now to trade one of Ullmark or Swayze. Maybe DS is waiting for the arb hearing and hoping his contract is more in line to what he is offering due to his 90 games only played?
I think he gets somewhere around 3.85 -4M a year. If you can tie him up for 3-4 years at 4M I would grab it.
Lindholm has the power- Bruins can afford him and extend - they got spot, elite linemates. I have to think Sweeney goes after him - the guy shoots big and they like Lindholms

I don’t see either goalie traded before July

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
The question is when did Sweeney actual know? If he knew at the beginning of free agency while trading Hall he did two fold damage to the forwards. Then it makes you wonder if he royally screwed up thinking he was going to get Bertuzzi locked up. Now he is out all of them, and I'd be really surprised if Krejci hangs around too. So instead he decided for quantity of quality praying that someone steps up. It seems to Sweeney this is a "throw crap against the wall see if it sticks" season.

People say they had a historic season, and should be able to absorb the losses dont understand that when you remove players, you allow an opponent to focus on those third liners that are now in a top 6 role. A lot of times that fails. We already seen Coyle fail as a number 2 when he lost it to Haula. Zacha is going to get way more attention too. Possible he handles it better, but a gamble. It seems Sweeney has decided to go with Center by Committee like he tried before (which failed).

He has an asset in either Ulmark or Swayman. They dont need two number 1 goalies when they dont even have a number 1 center. Him failing to trade one so he can keep the gimmick goalie hug is not smart management
Hall didn’t play a top 6 role.

There isn’t any salary cap for bertuzzi.
Bertuzzi is also a turn over machine. Bruins already have an elite turn over machine in the top 6. :p he also doesn’t play centre.

Zacha probably fills in on the top line for now. I think he will be fine. I found his overall two way game pretty good. I’d like to see him shoot more. We will see. He is still young and projects to get better I think. I think zacha was part of the plan for Bergeron leaving.

Seems likely the team will give a centre prospect a chance out of camp. Poitras or maybe Anthony Richard’s.

I don’t think trading now makes sense. Most of the trades returned almost nothing so I don’t think they will get anything worthwhile now. They have to just go with what they have.

Hopefully poitras gets really strong in the off-season and cracks the line up.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Hopefully ends up being a take hotter than Alexandra Daddario
Hey I got to " arrest " her and Kate Upton in this craptastic film I worked on as a Cop about 6 or 7 years ago:

81kGkVFEhBL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Daddario was very nice the day I was there but Upton had that " hey everybody - look at me.....LOOK AT ME !!!!!!!! " attitude the whole day. :thumbd:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Brown can be very easily buried if it come to it, he's not gonna stand in the way of any prospects making the big club if they look ready.
I like Brown- he’s kind of a prick and every coach loves him

Ballsy pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad