Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk X

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Waste of money at 31 and still barely gets to play is Ballsy for a different reason then yours

Typical Bruins management block a kid to play bum
You clearly don’t know the player

He’s the 13th guy more likely is strong gritty defensive player on cheap contract

Typical Bruins management comment

You lost me for good here

Ridiculous

A team with best record last 7 years

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BergyWho37

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Crazy how the Bruins are able to acquire guys like Lindholm, Orlov, Bertuzzi as a few examples with so little to offer.

Curious

I think he’s implying the bruins currently have little to offer due to going out and acquiring bertuzzi and orlov last year.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If Lindholm isn’t signing and wants out the Bruins need to get in this

He makes squat right now so they could figure this out

Calgary would want picks and prospects

They got Wolff coming so forget a goalie

DeBrusk the Bruins need more and he’s a UFA something Calgary doesn’t want

They can wait it out but I would want him asap

The ideal for Boston is

1. Lindhom wants out
2. He won’t extend until after season unless Bruins

I give them 2-3 of Poitras, Lysell, Beecher and there 25 first - heck if I can get Hanifin with Lorhei & Frederic

Load up Sweens

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You're 100% wrong. It was an attempt to get Eric Haula going as he absolutely was
horrible the first half of 2021-22. You're the one doing RH here not me.
What line did Coyle play on for literally most of that season? Who was centering the second line in the playoffs, getting exposed as not a top 6 guy? Hint, it wasn't Coylev because he was centering the third line.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

The ideal for Boston is

1. Lindhom wants out

I give them 2-3 of Poitras, Lysell, Beecher and there 25 first - heck if I can get Hanifin with Lorhei & Frederic

Load up Sweens
Poitras no way. Kid looks like a star.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
What line did Coyle play on for literally most of that season? Who was centering the second line in the playoffs, getting exposed as not a top 6 guy? Hint, it wasn't Coylev because he was centering the third line.
You don't know what you're talking about. Huala was brutally bad the first half of the season. The switch was far more getting Huala moving then Coyle being demoted. Huala clicked with Hall and improved his play, that's what hapoened, not your version.
You are categorically making shit up.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah it’s simply not historically accurate to say Coyle was demoted for Haula because Coyle was slumping. Was actually the other way around and they made the switch because Haula was more or less useless playing on that 3rd line. Putting up Mowers-ian numbers

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You don't know what you're talking about. Huala was brutally bad the first half of the season. The switch was far more getting Huala moving then Coyle being demoted. Huala clicked with Hall and improved his play, that's what hapoened, not your version.
You are categorically making shit up.
This is hilarious. You're talking only about production as if playing on the third line will allow you and afford you more opportunities to produce than playing on the second line with better finishers. What I'm talking about is actual play. Coyle was terrible that season. He was the only top 9 forward with a minus for the season and he couldn't buy a win at the dot with a sub .500 winning percentage (49%). While Haula was a plus 19, and was winning faceoffs at a 54% clip. He was outplayed by Haula and despite the slow start numbers wise for Haula they ended up with the same points. Keep in mind that Haula did have more goals, more even strength goals, more even strength points and he did it in 2 and a half less minutes per night.

So again, you can claim Coyle didn't get moved down because of his poor play, but in reality, he absolutely did. But thanks for a real high level look at just points. You're showing me why it's not worth discussing actual play here because of intellectual dishonesty and only considering points, which is deeply flawed.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
You clearly don’t know the player

He’s the 13th guy more likely is strong gritty defensive player on cheap contract

Typical Bruins management comment

You lost me for good here

Ridiculous

A team with best record last 7 years

7tsjoe.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Lindholm is going to be a UFA and he's stated (I believe) that he's not re-signing in Calgary. Leverage equals zero for them.

From a Bruins perspective, I still think we a new #1C, they can go for it again this season.
1. Best goaltending Duo in the NHL
2. Their top 3 dmen are top 5 in the NHL
3. Debrusk-Pasta-Marchand is an elite winger group

Lindholm + Hanifin is who I target from Calgary.

Who does Hanifin replace? Gryz + Poitras so he needs to be part of this deal.
Lindholm is going to cost you 2025 1st + Lysell +Frederic +Merkulov
Forbort likely has to go as well for cap purposes

Reactions: CellyHard

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

The ideal for Boston is

1. Lindhom wants out

Load up Sweens

Can the Bruins trade their 2025 first when their 2024 first is top 10 protected?

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
0.0 they are trading DeBrusk

It’s like selling your car when you live 20 miles from work and your backup is a bicycle

Jake DeBrusk scored 37 goals last 82 games without prime time PP

The next best LW under 35 is Trent Frederic

The best LW in system is Lauko

Zero point zero
Then why is Jake playing RW if he's your 2nd best LW on the team?

Reactions: Hookslide

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Waiting to sign Lindholm until UFA next year means your bidding against a bunch of other teams, and your also wasting another Marchand year and he's not getting younger.

Terrible idea
Unfortunately, I think it's the only option they have. As things stand right now, the amount of teams looking for a top center is somewhat slim. The only two playoff teams would probably be the Bruins and Wild.

Mid tier teams you definitely have the Predators, Blue Jackets, Flyers looking for a 1C

Jets and Flames should probably go into a rebuild

Then again you could always have a rebuilding team like the Coyotes, Ducks or even the Blackhawks go after him. Blackhawks would actually be a great spot to compliment Bedard and they could throw a ton of money at him.

You could always have a team come out of nowhere somewhat like the Islanders did for Horvat and move things around to make it happen.

It's not a great plan but it might be the only option they have and they could fall back on Scheifele if he hits the market as well.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Sweeney is like the government spend ,spend ,spend your way out , Sweeney spends with draft picks and bad contracts..........

This year's free agency was the first year in awhile he didn't make a major blunder, because he didn't hand out term to anyone.

I'm cool if they completely stay away from trade deadline shopping for the next half decade. Maybe longer.

They went out this year and spent a bundle of picks, and while the team was better on paper, I don't think it translated on the ice and the team was in a constant state of flux from the trade deadline onward.

The year before, Lindholm never looked like he was comfortable once he arrived.

Player's aren't plug and play. Especially now with the systems teams use, the adjustment coming to a team late in a season can sometimes negate the benefits of upgrading on a player, depending on who is coming in and who they are replacing.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Like everyone else I hear the rumours of a trade for Lindholm or Schefeile but I don’t think there will be anything until the trade-off period in February. I believe that the organization will look carefully at what will happen in season and will see to exchange its UFAs like Grzelyck and Forbort. In addition, teams like Clagary and Winnipeg must think they will have a bigger return for their player wanting to leave. Without real center elite players on the front two lines, I plan a a tough season being in the east which is very powerful. The hopes remain on the signatures of the UFAs in the summer of 2024 for a retool and nothing assured in this regard, which leaves much concern for the coming years

Reactions: G Backup
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino