Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I zero interest in Duchene. It looks like he just floats out on the ice.
Duchene is a frustrating player. Some nights he looks really good and others he looks like he'd rather be at home than on the ice. Plenty of talent but I am not a fan of his attitude. Add to all that, he has become quite proficient at making stupid turnovers and is fairly soft. The Preds fans I know are definitely not too high on Duchene. One great season in his last 4, with some injury issues and a laziness bug. No thanks. Would be an awful move to sink any kind of real money into this guy.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Idk what Sweeney’s plan is, but if it is a retool I wouldn’t mind signing duchene, wheeler or anyone really to one year deals and hope they can at worst be a deadline deal fir a future asset. I doubt that’s the direction Sweeney takes though
Good idea . Whenever the Bruins make plans the devil laughs anyway. Hopefully we have a team good enough to make the playoffs.

Reactions: UncleRico

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
They need to not sit him in the playoffs. Monty screwed the pooch on that one this year. Hopefully he learned from it, because I agree it makes no sense to have a 3.8m d man sitting in favor of a worse player just because he has size (lookin at you Derek Forbort). That said, I wouldn't blame Grizz for asking for a trade after that experience (and previously with Bruce).
Someone else said this so I won't take credit, but Forbort probably played because they needed him on the PK due to Lindholm breaking his foot. Which is part of the knock on Gryz IMO...no PP or PK time and is outscored 5 on 5 every playoffs.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Duchene is a frustrating player. Some nights he looks really good and others he looks like he'd rather be at home than on the ice. Plenty of talent but I am not a fan of his attitude. Add to all that, he has become quite proficient at making stupid turnovers and is fairly soft. The Preds fans I know are definitely not too high on Duchene. One great season in his last 4, with some injury issues and a laziness bug. No thanks. Would be an awful move to sink any kind of real money into this guy.
Thanks for the input, I dont get to watch many Predators games, especially last year....id still take him as a 2 to 3 year stop gap until one of our guys develops or a better option is available.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I'm way behind, so sorry if this has been discussed: no buyout for Mitchell Miller? He remains a Bruin?
apparently. but it's actually worse for the team in terms of cap impact if they bought him out so why would they? don't think that was ever a realistic scenario.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Someone else said this so I won't take credit, but Forbort probably played because they needed him on the PK due to Lindholm breaking his foot. Which is part of the knock on Gryz IMO...no PP or PK time and is outscored 5 on 5 every playoffs.

Possibly on the Lindholm foot- we may never know. Forbort is still a worse hockey player in just about every way except on the measuring tapes. But again, not wanting to debate Grizz's merits or lack of them.

Reactions: dugg133 and NDiesel

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Thanks for the input, I dont get to watch many Predators games, especially last year....id still take him as a 2 to 3 year stop gap until one of our guys develops or a better option is available.
Would be a roll of the dice. If he could replicate or come close to his 43 goal season a couple seasons ago then it would be awesome. I just don't see that happening based on how he's played with the Preds in the other 3 seasons he has been there.

Reactions: NDiesel

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
all things equal i would 100% rather trade for scheifele than sign Duchene for another 6+ years for god knows what
If no one wanted to trade for him with 3 years left at 8 mil or with retention then I would doubt anyone gives Duchene any more than 3 years.

Reactions: Dr Hook

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
So around 13 mil in cap space with 7 or 8 roster spots to fill.

I’m just looking for a general sense from any of the “why not go after Duchene” people how he fits in. Is he taking league min for a year?

Chicago just extended Foligno at 4M. Is Duchene taking less than Uncle Nick?

Reactions: Alicat

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
They need to not sit him in the playoffs. Monty screwed the pooch on that one this year. Hopefully he learned from it, because I agree it makes no sense to have a 3.8m d man sitting in favor of a worse player just because he has size (lookin at you Derek Forbort). That said, I wouldn't blame Grizz for asking for a trade after that experience (and previously with Bruce).

Gryz wouldn't have survived the first 3 games of Florida running around. After the Tkachuk crosscheck/attempt to fight Ullmark Florida shifted closer to standard hockey where Gryz can thrive.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Hey man- what are your opinions on duchenes financial situation? It’s not like your 11 replies made them ABUNDANTLY clear.

And yet it’s only a fraction of the number of posts saying the Bruins should explore signing a UFA that is all but impossible to sign given the circumstances.

I guess that’s reply #12

With no Bertuzzi/ Hall, if DeBrusk goes back to LW the Bruins would need a RW also.

Depends on cost. 1 year 1.5-2m I’d take the chance.

Lol

Come on.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

or

I think are the baselines here.

Nitpick on Lysell being in the version of the lineup with Bergeron in it... but you can't convince me that Lysell learning with Marchand and Bergeron is going to be worse than him spending more time down in Providence.

My big question continues to be...

is Jake DeBrusk getting a long term contract or is he quiet trade bait right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad