Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
@DominicT Chicago with 4 seconds (35, 44, 51, 55 ) it would be nice to land a couple of those even 1 at this stage, but who do you think they could be targeting on the Blues ? Or could it be the Blues having interest in Frederic ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I would be surprised if Gryz is traded (by himself) today. What would be the point?

The B’s are already under the cap with a full roster, and they’re not going to sign a top4 UFA to take his place for less than what he makes.

Even if the plan is to replace him with a second-chance/discount bin UFA like OEL, wouldn’t it make more sense to sign that guy before trading away Gryz?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I would be surprised if Gryz is traded (by himself) today. What would be the point?

The B’s are already under the cap with a full roster, and they’re not going to sign a top4 UFA to take his place for less than what he makes.

Even if the plan is to replace him with a second-chance/discount bin UFA like OEL, wouldn’t it make more sense to sign that guy before trading away Gryz?
It would cost the B’s more to trade more than just Gryz so yes I think if he’s traded it will just be him.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The St. Louis Blues held three picks in round 1. Center Dalibor Dvorsky at No. 10, Center Otto Stenberg at No. 25 and defenseman Theo Lindstein at No. 29. Maybe a deal surrounding Frederic/ Grizz for one of those Centers coming back.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Ullmark is the bottleneck. I think Sweeney is trying to trade him but he can’t look desperate if he wants to get fair value.

If Ullmark goes we could see Gryz follow because the two combined with the space we have would give them $10m to play with. That’s enough for Lindholm and Hanifin, or O’Reilly and Soucy, or Scheifele and Graves...

But if they can’t move Ullmark we’re looking at guys like Wood, Comtois and Bellows on Saturday.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
https://enewspaper.bostonherald.com/get_image.aspx?w=280&eid=7cceb920-51e2-4758-8a83-46d881fa0110&pnum=40&lm=63823636250467

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Ullmark is the bottleneck. I think Sweeney is trying to trade him but he can’t look desperate if he wants to get fair value.

If Ullmark goes we could see Gryz follow because the two combined with the space we have would give them $10m to play with. That’s enough for Lindholm and Hanifin, or O’Reilly and Soucy, or Scheifele and Graves...

But if they can’t move Ullmark we’re looking at guys like Wood, Comtois and Bellows on Saturday.
I disagree that Ullmark is the bottleneck. I fully expect him to be retained but it wouldn’t shock me if he is moved.

I can see the B’s moving D first before moving a goalie.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I read some Sweeney stuff where he said the goalie market is "interesting" which to me means teams are looking to steal them since there are so many available. The one good thing is apparently Hellebuyck wants 9 mil per year. Another problem is I don't think he deals a goalie to an eastern team.

I don't think they do anything today and it will make for another lame two days after alot of speculation.

Don already intimated that he is going to go dumpster diving for guys who want a one year reset on their careers. Logan Brown is another guy I can see them going after. I expect a surplus of AAAA guys hoping a couple hit.

I disagree that Ullmark is the bottleneck. I fully expect him to be retained but it wouldn’t shock me if he is moved.

I can see the B’s moving D first before moving a goalie.
Agreed 100% I don't think they want to move one, especially at a discount.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Wood and Bellows? Come on man haha.

I agree that if there’s nothing to open up space then there’s not a big deal in the works. But they’d go with McLaughlin and Merkulov over Bellows and Miles Wood for sure.

Reactions: Gordoff

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I read some Sweeney stuff where he said the goalie market is "interesting" which to me means teams are looking to steal them since there are so many available. The one good thing is apparently Hellebuyck wants 9 mil per year. Another problem is I don't think he deals a goalie to an eastern team.

I don't think they do anything today and it will make for another lame two days after alot of speculation.

Don already intimated that he is going to go dumpster diving for guys who want a one year reset on their careers. Logan Brown is another guy I can see them going after. I expect a surplus of AAAA guys hoping a couple hit.

Agreed 100% I don't think they want to move one, especially at a discount.
Goalie market is saturated so unless you’re getting a massive return you are better off holding on to them and then trade at the deadline or next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad