Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I'm not. In spite of all the dreaming in here and pundit speculation, I never thought Sweeney would move him. That said, he could still go later in the summer, but my bet is he stays and plays out his final contract year here.
He isn't going to trade his child, he'll get extended next year at 5m for 7 years.

• Haha
Reactions: Oates2Neely

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I just don't see the logic in keeping a guy around who will play 90% of regular season games, only sit in the playoffs.

Especially at his salary.

They need to not sit him in the playoffs. Monty screwed the pooch on that one this year. Hopefully he learned from it, because I agree it makes no sense to have a 3.8m d man sitting in favor of a worse player just because he has size (lookin at you Derek Forbort). That said, I wouldn't blame Grizz for asking for a trade after that experience (and previously with Bruce).

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Question:

How many Sweeney FA signings has completed their contracts.... prior to bought out or traded for cap relief.

His nickname should be Santa Sweeney. I swear...
Sweeney is a gift that keeps on giving.

Overpaid with 3rd pick for Reilly at $1.5m/y who was traded previously twice no better than for 5th rounder. To top it off Sweeney then signed him to 3 more years doubling his salary to $3m/y. :loony:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Idk what Sweeney’s plan is, but if it is a retool I wouldn’t mind signing duchene, wheeler or anyone really to one year deals and hope they can at worst be a deadline deal fir a future asset. I doubt that’s the direction Sweeney takes though

Reactions: Bodit9 and TCB

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
The only league Charlie Coyle gets 60 points in in North America is the ECHL. Not saying he isn't an NHL player but he is not a top 2 center and is not a point producer.

The D has proven to be anything but solid after the past few playoffs.
Coyle would get 60+ points playing a full season between Bert & Debrusk.

Reactions: Blowfish

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Sweeney is a gift that keeps on giving.

Overpaid with 3rd pick for Reilly at $1.5m/y who was traded previously twice no better than for 5th rounder. To top it off Sweeney then signed him to 3 more years doubling his salary to $3m/y. :loony:
If school for GMs existed. This would be an ideal case study....for what not to do

Just crazy...the number of mistakes you listed

Reactions: Fenian24

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He isn't going to trade his child, he'll get extended next year at 5m for 7 years.

Wouldn't bother me in the least, because I like the player (okay, not at 5m/7 true but I get your point). I also don't want to get into another Grizz debate because that is done to death and we have taken opposite sides on it. Just observing that I don't think he gets moved unless Sweeney gets an offer he can't refuse, and those don't look like they are happening for anyone right now.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Does Duchene getting bought out change the miserables opinion on the Hall trade?
1688143200133.png

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If school for GMs existed. This would be an ideal case study....for what not to do

Just crazy...the number of mistakes you listed

Reilly and Carlo were great that post season together.

Are you on the sign Bertuzzi train because he had great chemistry with Pasta?
Were you on the re-sign Coyle train when he had his great playoffs when coming over?
How about when the Bruins gave Seidenberg a 4 year deal with a NTC after coming over at the TDL after having bounced around to FIVE teams at 28 years old?

They rolled the dice on something that looked like it was working and it didn't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad