dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Man if we could get lindholm..which we prolly can’t/wont

Marchand - Bergeron - Debrusk
Zacha - Lindholm - Pasta
Frederic - Coyle - Duchene??
Lucic - who cares - Lauko

Maybe swap lauko and let frederic center the 4th line

Let Zacha center the “top” line when bergy sits and get Merkulov in for reps.

Maybe give McLaughlin a real shot on the 4th line

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
They just had to get rid of Hall’s entire cap hit which was 6M.

Duchene may have been overpaid, but he isn’t signing some sweetheart little contract when he’s a UFA.
Hear me out though. There's no doubt duchene was shopped before this decision, right? So we have to believe that no one wanted him at 8 mil...you would have to think Nashville would be okay retaining 2-4 mil for his remaining 3 years given that the current buyout is estimating 2.5 mil, 5.5 mil, 6.5 mil cap hits in those first 3 years before dropping to 1.5 mil for the last 3....so obviously even with retention there must not have been much interest at his current price.

Id bet he comes in at 4 to 6 mil, which is affordable. I could be wrong, but that's my logic.

Reactions: Oates2Neely and TCB

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He’s getting bought out. He’s going to be a UFA.

The Bruins don’t have cap space. They’re not picking up Matt Duchene unless they start trading away more salary.

I doubt he is getting less than 5M AAV and they just had to get rid of 6M Hall for next to nothing just to get under the cap

is there a cap on a player's new salary from another team after a buyout from his old one?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I think I’m alone on this, but I believe Zacha & Coyle would be good enough down the middle. They are both defensively responsible, and it’s not like Bergy or Krejci were offensive gods out there. Bert & Marchand are very good playmakers that would dish out the goals. If Bergy doesn’t comeback prematurely last playoffs, we’d be in the 2nd round thanks to Zacha & Coyle. I bet Coyle would put up 60+ pts playing 2nd line. Keep Bert & Orlov. Or if not Orlov, trade for Hanafin. Ullmark & Gryz? Solid D & goalie will keep us elite in this league, forwards will sort themselves out.
The only league Charlie Coyle gets 60 points in in North America is the ECHL. Not saying he isn't an NHL player but he is not a top 2 center and is not a point producer.

The D has proven to be anything but solid after the past few playoffs.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Hear me out though. There's no doubt duchene was shopped before this decision, right? So we have to believe that no one wanted him at 8 mil...you would have to think Nashville would be okay retaining 2-4 mil for his remaining 3 years given that the current buyout is estimating 2.5 mil, 5.5 mil, 6.5 mil cap hits in those first 3 years before dropping to 1.5 mil for the last 3....so obviously even with retention there must not have been much interest at his current price.

Id bet he comes in at 4 to 6 mil, which is affordable. I could be wrong, but that's my logic.

No idea why you think 4-6 million is affordable. Certainly there would be no Bettuzzi in that scenario and even then, you’ve still got to make more moves.

is there a cap on a player's new salary from another team after a buyout from his old one?
No

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'm not. In spite of all the dreaming in here and pundit speculation, I never thought Sweeney would move him. That said, he could still go later in the summer, but my bet is he stays and plays out his final contract year here.
I like Gryz so I’d like him to stay but I understand if they move him and am not against it

Reactions: Dr Hook

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I'm not. In spite of all the dreaming in here and pundit speculation, I never thought Sweeney would move him. That said, he could still go later in the summer, but my bet is he stays and plays out his final contract year here.
Monty is the second coach that has limited his use in the playoffs

Reactions: BMC

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Yup. And then he will be a UFA.

How are the Bruins in any position to win a bidding war against every other team in the league given their finances?
If he was worth a bidding war why didn't any single team offer a 7th rounder at 2-4 mil retention? It would save the Predators cap hit from buying out and give them an asset?

Reactions: dangermike

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Yup. And then he will be a UFA.

How are the Bruins in any position to win a bidding war against every other team in the league given their finances?
Hey man- what are your opinions on duchenes financial situation? It’s not like your 11 replies made them ABUNDANTLY clear.

• Haha
Reactions: NeelyDan

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
No idea why you think 4-6 million is affordable. Certainly there would be no Bettuzzi in that scenario and even then, you’ve still got to make more moves.

No
Well yeah, I'm assuming no Bert on that scenario and probably Gryz or Forbort out as well.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
So a team with no draft capital and looking worse this year than last is going to let him play out that contract rather than flipping him for a pick? God i hope not....

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I just don't see the logic in keeping a guy around who will play 90% of regular season games, only sit in the playoffs.

Especially at his salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany