Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

or

I think are the baselines here.

Nitpick on Lysell being in the version of the lineup with Bergeron in it... but you can't convince me that Lysell learning with Marchand and Bergeron is going to be worse than him spending more time down in Providence.

My big question continues to be...

is Jake DeBrusk getting a long term contract or is he quiet trade bait right now?
If DeBrusk gets an extension they’ll do it as the season starts like they have done with Bergy and Chara in the past

Babajingo

I think Freddy is $1.5 and Sway is $3.0. Maybe a hair more for each, but I bet its under $5 combined.
If Frederic is that much, that's good. I'm not sold on him yet. if he is near 3 then its not worth it.
Either way, in your scenario, that leaves around 9 mill for 8 roster spots. And if Bergeron comes back at the same reduced 2.5 mill. that leaves 6.5 mill for 7 spots. I still think they need to shed more salary. Any way you look at it, its going to be a creative summer.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

or

I think are the baselines here.

Nitpick on Lysell being in the version of the lineup with Bergeron in it... but you can't convince me that Lysell learning with Marchand and Bergeron is going to be worse than him spending more time down in Providence.

My big question continues to be...

is Jake DeBrusk getting a long term contract or is he quiet trade bait right now?

See what DeBrusk is thinking. If he wants to test FA next year then you move him. I'd rather sign him long-term as part of the new core, but obviously it has to be a mutual feeling.

Reactions: wintersej

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I'm way behind, so sorry if this has been discussed: no buyout for Mitchell Miller? He remains a Bruin?
Ridiculous. And just another reason why when any franchise in any sport talks about creating a "culture" that it's all bs.

It goes:

1. $$ (and in this case the $$ they save is miniscule)
2. Winning
3. Public Perception
4.The Right Thing to Do

Reactions: EverettMike

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
What are we thinking for Swayman + Frederic? Somewhere around $6M combined?

That leaves ~$7.6M for the 7 or 8 remaining contracts.
Well.... if Bergy is interested in coming back we know we can get him dirt cheap lol

I know, he'll be 38 yada yada

Still the reigning Selke winner. There are a lot worse options out there

But who knows if he has interest in coming back to whatever they plan to throw on the ice this year

Reactions: Alicat

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
No offense, but I think you use whatever stats make your point. If there was a smart stat you could use, you’d be singing their praises. Ive watched the games too, and what I see is Gryz will have two good games and one bad, and that’s what everyone will focus on. I see him get singled out when everyone struggles. I see him get blamed for goals that aren’t his fault because you hate that he’s not physical.

It’s not the first time this fan base picked on a guy and was way off. You all hated Blake Wheeler for going off-sides “20 times a game.” You hated Hal Gill and said he was trash because he was big and didn’t fight. You hate Carlo for the same reason…

It takes all kinds to build a Cup winner. Gryz was part of a team that went to G7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. I know he got hurt but so did Tkachuk so don’t tell me some BS about how only short guys get hurt.
I liked Wheeler. As far as the rest goes I still use eye test, I'm old, it is what I grew up using and still use. Funny part is i liked extended stats from stats inc book back in the late 90's that showed a breakdown of penalties, ice time, shooting %, etc not the analytics of today but more advanced than goals, assts, points, pim, +/-.

You are right, I don't like non physical D men unless they bring something else, normally points. Loved Torey Krug, he played with heart, tried to be physical and stood up for himself. Size does not determine how I feel about somebody, loved Stan Jonathan, Rob Dimaio, PJ Stock and others. They played hard, they worked and hit in their roles. I do not want A D that does not produce points, is not physical and gets pushed around, can't clear the crease and gets run over when the playoffs start.

I believe in a mix of player types to win, for the most part we agree on how a team should be built. I just want my role players to be more physical, they don't all have to fight but they need to finish their checks and if they can't contribute points use that speed they have to finish those checks, stand up for yourself and your teammates. This means I want a tougher, bigger 3rd pair D than Grizz and that player being paid less.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
I think you’re dreaming my friend.
Never said I want him. But Duchene doing a Hall and signing on for one season to prove himself might work. Seems like a player that steps up his play when he has something to prove, but then gets complacent when he gets a long contract.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Ridiculous. And just another reason why when any franchise in any sport talks about creating a "culture" that it's all bs.

It goes:

1. $$ (and in this case the $$ they save is miniscule)
2. Winning
3. Public Perception
4.The Right Thing to Do
The kid is a sociopath but the Bruins would just be screwing themselves out of their very tight cap space buying him out over optics. If they buy him out, he gets a big payday. If not, he collects a regular paycheck while sitting at home not having to do anything. Either way that little prick is going to get paid on Jeremy Jacobs' dime so why tie up your cap and affect your on-ice product over it? Nobody will even remember he's under contract over the life of it.

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
They need to not sit him in the playoffs. Monty screwed the pooch on that one this year. Hopefully he learned from it, because I agree it makes no sense to have a 3.8m d man sitting in favor of a worse player just because he has size (lookin at you Derek Forbort). That said, I wouldn't blame Grizz for asking for a trade after that experience (and previously with Bruce).
I'm pretty sure Bruce only sat Gryz because his shoulder finally completely gave out after playing injured with it for like 6 months.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
So around 13 mil in cap space with 7 or 8 roster spots to fill.

I’m just looking for a general sense from any of the “why not go after Duchene” people how he fits in. Is he taking league min for a year?

Chicago just extended Foligno at 4M. Is Duchene taking less than Uncle Nick?
There are still moves that can be made. Like moving Gryz & Ullmark.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

After buying out Reilly, #NHLBruins have $13.6M Cap Space w/ 13 on projected roster (6F/6D/1G)

My guess

- Lucic - 1.5m 1 year deal (12.1m left)
- Lauko - 900k x 3 year deal (11.2m left)
- Mitchell - 900k x 2 year deal (10.3m left)
- Frederic - 2.2m x 2 year deal (8.1m left)
- Swayman - 3m x 2 year deal (5.1m left)
- Engvall - 2.5m x 3 year deal (2.6m left)

NHL activated salaries
- Merkulov - 925k
- Beecher - 925k

Engvall Zacha Pasta
Marchand Coyle Debrusk
Merkulov Frederic Lauko
Lucic Beecher Steen
Greer

Grz McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Forbort Mitchell
Zbroil

Ullmark
Swayman

Its a weak UFA market. Jesper Fast looks like will resign with Canes. Zucker, Bunting will command 4 + million per season. Bruins can probably come out with Nyquist or Engvall at about 2.5m per. I rather sign Engvall

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
The kid is a sociopath but the Bruins would just be screwing themselves out of their very tight cap space buying him out over optics. If they buy him out, he gets a big payday. If not, he collects a regular paycheck while sitting at home not having to do anything. Either way that little prick is going to get paid on Jeremy Jacobs' dime so why tie up your cap and affect your on-ice product over it? Nobody will even remember he's under contract over the life of it.
Mitchell vs Jacobs, The Emperor vs Joffrey Baratheon, who do you root for???

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Im sure between wheeler, duchene and some other old guys they can fond someone cheap enough to play on the top6.
Then start about 4 to 5 guys from the ahl.

What a ride its gonna be.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
See what DeBrusk is thinking. If he wants to test FA next year then you move him. I'd rather sign him long-term as part of the new core, but obviously it has to be a mutual feeling.
I'm also not overpaying a somewhat streaky, non-line driving forward. If Debrusks asking prices don't match up, I'm 100% in favor of recouping some assets.

No "own rental" situations, we do need to recoup at some point.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Worse case scenerio/cheap signing. G6 UfA??

Perhaps Alex True or Matthew Phillips can take the next step

True is a 6'5 forward. Signed by Sharks. Taken in the expansion draft by Kraken. Had a solid AHL season and better playoffs. Only 25 y/o

Phillips also 25... was one of the best AHL players/point producer/goal scorer. Had a whopping 15gwg. One of the highest total in recent AHL memory. Offensive dynamo. Fast skater. Competes from scouting report. The issue is.... he is only 5'7 and 150 pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad