Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I read an article today predicting Swayman at 4 years x 4mill. That actually sounds like a really fair contract for both sides.
While that's a fair contract, not sure how I see that fitting in for the Bruins without shedding another player off the "President trophy team".

If push comes to shove, and Sweeney wants value vs cap dump, I can see them shipping out Ullmark. If the rumor is true that Sweeney didn't move any of his defensemen because "value wasn't there", meaning the offers he got for either Gryzelcyk or Forbort weren't what he anticipated, he's got limited options outside of Ullmark.

Losing Hall, Bertuzzi, Foligno (2023, not 2022), potentially Frederic, and with Bergeron and Krejci being question marks (as of now, I'm NOT counting them), our forward group has taken a big hit. IF they want to keep the goalie platoon of Ullmark/Swayman there would be very little room to make much changes there.

Reactions: Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah, 2x4 makes total sense.

But a four year deal at that number? no.
Yeah it’s much smarter to take the 2 years and hit UFA at age 26/27. He would have to play some pretty bad hockey to make less than 4 mill per when he hits UFA in a couple years if he does sign for 2 yrs x 4 per

Good bridge for him. Bruins will have the opportunity to extend him if they so choose. Would be nice business for both sides to do the 2 yrs x 4 mill per

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I think he'd be insane to take that.
Not sure why it's insane.

He gets a million less AAV than Saros while starting 30 fewer games than Saros did when earning that contract. Nashville bought out two seasons of UFA on the Saros contract while Swayman will only have to give up one.

He also earns $1.5m more his first season (theoretically) than Oettenger did upon signing his three year extension.

I'd prefer buying two UFA seasons from Swayman, but this is about as fair a mid-length RFA deal as you'd expect.

Reactions: wintersej

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Yeah much smarter to take the 2 years and hit UFA at age 26/27. He would have to play some pretty bad hockey to make less than 4 mill per when he hits UFA in a couple years if he signs for 2 yrs x 4 per
I could be wrong, but I think he'd still be an RFA at the end of a 2 year deal, 3 years would walk him to UFA status though.

Reactions: CDJ

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Used to love the Book It program that Pizza Hut offered in the 90s where you’d earn a personal pan pizza by reading books.

Read a few books. Get that pizza and come home and play some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NES.

Bergeron and Krejci riding off into the sunset be like MCU retiring Tony Stark and Steve Rogers at the end of the Infinity Saga. Introducing new heroes and stories, in the hopes that something, anything, sticks.
I been feeling old and nostalgic lately. Now Im sadder.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
There's nothing coming. The team is basically set. They're just hoping Bergeron comes back. If he doesn't they'll say they're happy with the players they have on the roster and with the rookies they'll be giving a chance. They will also say they're going to use the first few months to evaluate and see where they might want to fill in with mid-season moves.

I really do think this is the team they're going to roll with. Certainly hope I'm wrong.

If Bergeron retires, I doubt any mid-season moves would happen. I do think they know something and already trying to clear cap space for 2024.

As I said before, if that's the plan I'm onboard.

Reactions: Gordoff

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

I wonder if Jake would get to meet Lambert prior to the trade.
That's such an awful trade lol. Bruins get two worse players then Debrusk, no picks, and add more cap then we'd be losing. Who writes these things.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

I wonder if Jake would get to meet Lambert prior to the trade.
Yup get it done!!!!

If he is willing to waive his modified no-movement clause, the Islanders could open trade talks by offering a package of Pageau and restricted free agent Oliver Wahlstrom to the Bruins in exchange for Jake DeBrusk.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I don’t know about other teams but after Mitch Miller I think the Bruins are avoiding Comtois because of the alleged sexual assault case.

Fwiw, if that wasn’t an issue I would have preferred him to JVR.
I forgot about that. I am all the way out on every player that was involved in that incident. Everything I read was horrifying to a father or anyone else.

Reactions: PlayMakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad