Marchand Zacha Pasta
McAvoy

PP2
JVR Coyle Geekie
Lindholm Shattenkirk

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Unless a right handed rookie makes the team (Lysell/McLauglin) we’re going to to have at least two left handed RW’s. Of all the options, JVR has the most experience there.

Is that true?

I don't recall him playing the right side. Was he playing there in Philly at all?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Is that true?

I don't recall him playing the right side. Was he playing there in Philly at all?
Not last year but I thought he played the right side with Voracek and Giroux. At his prime he was really hard to contain coming down the RW with speed, and then cutting to the net on his forehand. There was a series against the Flyers where it felt like he had 10 shots a game.

Reactions: Blade of Schmautz

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
He's always been listed as LW/RW so he must have done so quite often at one point. Not sure about last season though.

Hockey reference lists him strictly as a LW.

Not last year but I thought he played the right side with Voracek and Giroux. At his prime he was really hard to contain coming down the RW with speed, and then cutting to the net on his forehand. There was a series against the Flyers where it felt like he had 10 shots a game.

Hockey reference lists Voracek as a RW.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
After reading what Sweeney said are we almost ready to pencil Poitras in? I feel like if he has a good preseason they will give him some nhl games. Sweeney seems interested in seeing him at the nhl level.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
There's nothing coming. The team is basically set. They're just hoping Bergeron comes back. If he doesn't they'll say they're happy with the players they have on the roster and with the rookies they'll be giving a chance. They will also say they're going to use the first few months to evaluate and see where they might want to fill in with mid-season moves.

I really do think this is the team they're going to roll with. Certainly hope I'm wrong.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
There's nothing coming. The team is basically set. They're just hoping Bergeron comes back. If he doesn't they'll say they're happy with the players they have on the roster and with the rookies they'll be giving a chance. They will also say they're going to use the first few months to evaluate and see where they might want to fill in with mid-season moves.

I really do think this is the team they're going to roll with. Certainly hope I'm wrong.
I'll take this bet. We arent done yet or bergy and Dk are back. Book it!

• Haha
Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Just might take JVR and Looch a bit to get there lol. There's still time of course and their not easy to get because every team covets them, but yea a Nice Bruiser on defense would be nice. A Zadarov maybe, his name been floating around out-there and Dumba is still out there in free agency.
Zadarov might be interesting if he can be worked in cap wise , no interest in Duma..................I like Frederics , but I still have feeling he is going to wind up a Blue, obviously I have no knowledge just gut feeling........

Reactions: Gordoff

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
You are like zero for your last 89 "books its." Maybe take a few days off from predicting.
Used to love the Book It program that Pizza Hut offered in the 90s where you’d earn a personal pan pizza by reading books.

Read a few books. Get that pizza and come home and play some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NES.

Bergeron and Krejci riding off into the sunset be like MCU retiring Tony Stark and Steve Rogers at the end of the Infinity Saga. Introducing new heroes and stories, in the hopes that something, anything, sticks.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Used to love the Book It program that Pizza Hut offered in the 90s where you’d earn a personal pan pizza by reading books.

Read a few books. Get that pizza and come home and play some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NES.

Bergeron and Krejci riding off into the sunset be like MCU retiring Tony Stark and Steve Rogers at the end of the Infinity Saga. Introducing new heroes and stories, in the hopes that something, anything, sticks.
I hope this upcoming year we’re more Black Panther 2 than Thor 4

Reactions: wintersej

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Agreed. Zacha, Coyle, Frederic, Geekie are the centers if Bergy retires. Bs will be in serious trouble with an injured center or two if a top 6 center is not acquired somehow. Another summer of so much hinging on whether or not Bergy comes back.

Reactions: Gordoff

easton117

Nov 11, 2017

My daughter has found out the local library gives out ice cream gift cards for book reading. Ever since then she’s become enamoured with books. Not sure diabetes is a good trade off for literacy but hey, seems to work lol.

As for this season, to me it screams they’ll see how they look at the TDL. If it’s bad they can jettison off pretty much anyone on the roster and come back a year from now restocked and have money to spend. If it’s good they can add a couple of guys and hope to catch fire going in to the olayoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad