WC: Team Canada 2024

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
That was totally unexpected and welcomed. I doubt there is anyone else, Canada usually doesn't pack the entire roster full, but we'll see. Another top name Dman would be a massive add. On paper this is the best team we've brought over in a long time.
Best team in the tournament, too. Unfortunately, "best team" does not often equal Gold at the WC.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I think I play Playmakers lines better than the actual, but those will all evolve as the tournament goes on.

Really excited to watch this team play! Tons of great skilled players, we have some experience from prior golds, some Cups, a generational talent, big number 1 minute munching D man, speed from the back end!

Let’s go boys!

Reactions: jj cale

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Who's the steadying, calming, workmanlike guy who's there to settle things down if things aren't going well, or remind guys that best-on-paper doesn't mean much if you don't put in the work? Is that Tavares? The workmanlike part would be Binnington, but he's got a bit of a short fuse.

Mogi

May 4, 2018
If Tavares is not playing tomorrow, then those are some sad lines.. Poor Bedard having to play with Bunting and Nick Paul.. Why is Hagel not on PP? Hoping Guenther won't sit

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
From the trainings I would guess

BUNTING - TAVARES - BEDARD
McCANN - DUBOIS - HAGEL
MANGIAPANE - COZENS - GREIG
TANEV - PAUL - MERCER
Guenther or McBain

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
From the trainings I would guess

BUNTING - TAVARES - BEDARD
McCANN - DUBOIS - HAGEL
MANGIAPANE - COZENS - GREIG
TANEV - PAUL - MERCER
Guenther or McBain
Maybe it's a faceoff thing, but I don't understand inviting Tavares. Can someone help me understand?

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
What time does the Canadian game start tomorrow?

Edit : 6:20 a.m. Ouch! I am NOT getting up at 6:20 to watch Canada blow the doors off of England.

Mogi

May 4, 2018
Send everyone home and bring back Celebrini and Fantilli, Fire Tourigny and bring Tortorella in, but honestly those powerplay lines were horrible and kinda sad to watch McBain, Mercer and Tanev when we could have seen those two young guns

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Bedard was with Paul and Bunting in the first game. Line was actually fairly good, but I don't think Bedard is getting the McDavid treatment. It will be interesting to see how the lines shake out when the more important games come around.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Had no idea this game started at 3:20 in the morning here and missed it.

Sounds like GB played well and Canada had their typical WC lackadaisical slow start. Bedard with 2 though, that's nice!!

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Britain never really broke down and played well, Canada was a bit disjointed but that first game was nothing concerning. There are almost always plenty of kinks to work out. Parayko and Oleksiak down deep on the penalty kill is a sight to see. The defencemen you would expect to be dynamic generally were.

Reactions: jj cale

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Very underwhelming team. Looking forward to watching Bedard, Hagel, Guenther and the younger defense at least

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Very underwhelming team. Looking forward to watching Bedard, Hagel, Guenther and the younger defense at least
if I had a nickel for every time I have heard fans say that after Canada's first game at the Skodas.

Then comes the quarter finals and the same fans from other countries saying that after the first game who get to play us in the money games suddenly go................" oh no, holy shit we gotta play Canada"

The tune immediately changes and they swear they are the underdog.

clockwork I tell ya.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
So we’re all hiding the sharp objects now? We’re going to bring in an American coach? Never change, fair weather Canada fans.

The Brits played a clog-it-up game in front of a Canada team that is still sorting itself out. Canada was a bit joyless, but did enough to win, and not much more. If you’re judging anything from this game you haven’t been paying attention for, oh, say 40 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad