GDT: 2023 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
I think last year's Mr. Irrelevant was in the building too. Belarussian kid playing in the Q, so he might have been nearby to the draft in Montreal.

Dustin Wolf was the 4th to last pick in 2019 and he looked pissed when he got to the floor since he expected to go much earlier. I think I read that he was ready to bail on the draft earlier but his entourage convinced him to stick around.

It's insane Wolf fell that far just because he's only 6'0". He led the WHL in save percentage and GAA in his draft season.

Kurtis Foster MUST go NOW!!!!! was one of the greatest threads I've ever seen on here.

It was started by @glenwo2

Unfortunately, it was banished to HTML hell probably only a year or so after he was on the team, when some of the old threads and content were deleted around 2013.

Is that why it says I joined in 2013 when I know for a fact I made an account during the 2010 WJC?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Now how did I miss the Price blunder yesterday
IMG_8863.jpeg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's insane Wolf fell that far just because he's only 6'0". He led the WHL in save percentage and GAA in his draft season.

Is that why it says I joined in 2013 when I know for a fact I made an account during the 2010 WJC?
I don't think so.

My account has 2011 on it and there's plenty of posters with account join dates that predate 2013.

Is it possible that you may have had another account and forgot your info and got locked out, then started this one?

Reactions: PWiz30

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Ray drafted forwards incredibly well and D poorly. Fitz drafts forwards meh and D well.

Well good thing Shero was before Fitz then. :laugh: I was looking back on draft stuff yesterday in sheer boredom and I remember how bad I wanted Drysdale in 2020 because of putrid our right side was. Absurd how things changed within 3 years, it's probably the best RHD in the entire league now.

Reactions: The Wumpus

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Well good thing Shero was before Fitz then. :laugh: I was looking back on draft stuff yesterday in sheer boredom and I remember how bad I wanted Drysdale in 2020 because of putrid our right side was. Absurd how things changed within 3 years, it's probably the best RHD in the entire league now.

Really hoping he turns that around again because I do not like the future depth up front at all while we’re pretty set on the backend top to bottom

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Really hoping he turns that around again because I do not like the future depth up front at all while we’re pretty set on the backend top to bottom

Some of the picks definitely have to do with having Nico, Bratt, Hughes, Timo, Mercer up front to build around those guys in the bottom 6 with the best floor but it would be nice to go for a home run offensively. Stillman over Stankoven still gives me nightmares

Last edited:

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I'm glad that both:

A) I don't care enough to bother looking in-depth at who we picked this year
B) We don't have the draft threads on every single board spam-created by LastWordArmy anymore, no offense if you are lurking lol

Ahh. I was WONDERING why no-one made the threads, so I took it upon myself.

Now I'm already excited/dreading the prospects poll :)

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
I don't think so.

My account has 2011 on it and there's plenty of posters with account join dates that predate 2013.

Is it possible that you may have had another account and forgot your info and got locked out, then started this one?

I think you're right, which is funny to me because I've been wondering about this for a while but never looked into it until now. This is definitely my third HF username but my profile only shows one other name on the previous names tab.

My original account must have been linked to my college email address which got shut down a year after I graduated in 2010. I probably stopped posting during the 2012 lockout and couldn't recover the password because the email was dead. Mystery solved!

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I was locked out of this account after the migration. Made a new one and posted for a bit, then one day i tried to log into the old account. Or maybe the login info was still in my browser or something, and it worked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: PWiz30

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
NHL Network was replaying the first round but with the Sportsnet feed. Definitely superior to the ESPN broadcast, but also not nearly as good as the TSN crew. I wish ESPN would just borrow the TSN guys for this instead of shoehorning in Weekes/Boucher when the draft isn't their domain.

Looks like Vegas hosting the 2024 Awards/Draft isn't certain which would be a bummer.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
NHL Network was replaying the first round but with the Sportsnet feed. Definitely superior to the ESPN broadcast, but also not nearly as good as the TSN crew. I wish ESPN would just borrow the TSN guys for this instead of shoehorning in Weekes/Boucher when the draft isn't their domain.

Looks like Vegas hosting the 2024 Awards/Draft isn't certain which would be a bummer.

i avoided the SN feed

was it a canadian love fest?....on and on...

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
i avoided the SN feed

was it a canadian love fest?....on and on...

I recorded another showing that'll be overnight, I only listened in for a a few picks but definitely easier on the ears than the ESPN feed. I enjoy Buccigross and Weekes on their own, but for the draft show having them both be cheerleaders doesn't quite work. Almost like the broadcast needs a straight man like Gord Miller (or even Liam McHugh).

Reactions: njdevils1982

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I was locked out of this account after the migration. Made a new one and posted for a bit, then one day i tried to log into the old account. Or maybe the login info was still in my browser or something, and it worked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did the new one you had by any chance have a name that rhymed with bevilbloggo?

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
After talking about bone dust and those origins the other night and space junk, I know I was calling Klee space junk for his brief tenure, which felt way too long. Only 24 games, regular season and playoffs combined, but it was 24 games too many.

I remember calling Lyle Odelein space junk back in 1996 or something.

A1EECD8E-866C-4CE6-AA27-B02734BCC4A8.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad