GDT: 2023 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Really classy gesture from Fitz.

IMG_5056.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
*Obligatory @Bleedred signal*
After talking about bone dust and those origins the other night and space junk, I know I was calling Klee space junk for his brief tenure, which felt way too long. Only 24 games, regular season and playoffs combined, but it was 24 games too many.

I remember calling Lyle Odelein space junk back in 1996 or something.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
So quick whole draft reaction is: we played it kinda safe with our earlier picks. I don't personally mind the individual selections of Hameenaho or Squires for example, I think the value was appropriate. But they weren't top choices, they were a little redundant back to back, and they definitely weren't big time swings. Brown like I had mentioned has some interesting size/smarts/skill going on, I only caught him in passing views so I can't say much. Guadana's son, err I mean Karpovich, is as good of a pick as we were gonna get at 186 and if he was our choice at 58 I don't think there would've been much complaint by anyone. Smarts and projectability were the obvious focus with our first couple picks and then, like usual, we opened up a bit more toward the end of the draft and started to shoot for some more intriguing options. Don't think this draft is gonna change much for us, but could fill in a couple holes down the road. One other snipe edit is I do wish we prioritized speed a little more than we did, which was not at all lol.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Canes draft 20 year old goalie Yegor Velmakin who is 6'2" and has a bunch of nice stats at lower levels.

edit: 2nd Russian goalie for them today?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad