Draft 2023 NHL Draft and Undrafted Free Agents Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He and Perrault are both going to go top 10. They're both rising big time.

The Swiss defenseman would be a really shrewd pick, which is why I don't see the Rangers taking him.

Reinbacher is a guy I'd be a fan of if we draft him.

1. He's Austrian, I lived in Austria
2. Another SL product like Othmann, so that's fun
3. He plays for a team from Kloten, which is Dutch slang for testicles

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Didn't even realize Severstal and Minsk were playing today, only caught the 3rd period. Suvorov scored another goal today. 18 points now in 25 games. Minsk pulled the goalie with 10 minutes left in the 3rd period. Took Severstal +5 minutes to get the empty netter. I have no clue the inner dynamics of Minsk, but it's almost laughable at this point... Moroz played 3 minutes today. They're feeding bad players ice time with zero results. Here's a stat I think is interesting.. in games where Moroz actually plays 12 minutes or more he has 9 points in 12 games. Great for a 19 year old. When you dig into the numbers, if you get a chance to watch the kid, everything to me suggests theres a really solid prospect there. The numbers suggest he can produce in a larger role but for whatever reason they just refuse to play the kid. He has games where they give him 2 minutes, 8 minutes..I've seen him getting slotted into the 4th line every game lately. I've seen them put Spooner on the 3rd line and than move him to every line in one game. He's one of their captains, it's been strange to watch them.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I believe this kid attended NYR Prospect Camp before enrolling at OSU
not much scoring at NCAA level yet
he is a Sr now, his brother is a Panthers' D prospect

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Suvorov got another point today. This kid is outplaying first and 2nd rounders. You compare his production to other KHL prospects in their 20 year old season, he's in very good company right now.

Annoying to watch Minsk games at this point. They suck and Moroz played 6 shifts for a whopping 4 minutes and 46 seconds, and they lost again. Honestly at this point he'd be better off traded or loaned out. Far too talented to be playing on the 4th line. It's worth noting that Suvorov also played his 19 year old season for Minsk and received the same treatment. He posted 6 points in 34 games averaging just under 7 minutes a night. Minsk is currently loaning Suvorov out to Severstal. It sounds ridiculous, a 20 year old scoring at a .70 point pace, good for 41st in the entire the league. Meanwhile, Minsk is bottom 5 in the league and rather than just play their young players they loan one of them out. Hopefully they loan Moroz if they aren't going to play him.

In idols Gaudreau and McDavid, dreams of getting into the NHL. Who is Alexander Suvorov? Suvorov article posted a few days ago, seems legit. These 2 Belarusians deserve far more eyes on them right now. I've been spamming the KHL stuff but that's just what I've been watching lately, sorry

Reactions: Rangers in 7

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
apologies if this guy already mentioned here,
i don't follow this thread often this time of year

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017

Counterpoint to those numbers would be that he got at least half of his points in only 5 games, and the rest are good but not great

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

I doubt the Rangers have roster space for college players. They still did not give Trivigno a shot. Doubt those free agents would sign here.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I doubt the Rangers have roster space for college players. They still did not give Trivigno a shot. Doubt those free agents would sign here.
The Rangers sign college UFAs every year. They always reserve contract spots for them. We are currently at 46/50, so we have room to sign players with the contract starting this year, or we can sign them starting next year.

Trivigno hasn't gotten a shot yet because he isn't ready and there are other players in front of him. It's a significant step up from college to the NHL. A full year in the AHL will only help.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
The Rangers sign college UFAs every year. They always reserve contract spots for them. We are currently at 46/50, so we have room to sign players with the contract starting this year, or we can sign them starting next year.

Trivigno hasn't gotten a shot yet because he isn't ready and there are other players in front of him. It's a significant step up from college to the NHL. A full year in the AHL will only help.
So glad they keep giving shots to players like Brodzinski cause he clearly has a NHL Rangers future here.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
So glad they keep giving shots to players like Brodzinski cause he clearly has a NHL Rangers future here.
Or maybe these college FAs are wildly overrated because they're free assets and thought of as missed potential. In reality, they're older than typical prospects and don't amount to more than AHL players

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Brodzinski isn't blocking Trivigno. Brodz is a center. Trivigno is a winger. I was referring to players like Gauthier and Kravtsov.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Brodzinski isn't blocking Trivigno. Brodz is a center. Trivigno is a winger. I was referring to players like Gauthier and Kravtsov.
Both of them aren’t that good either. Sad when you can’t beat them out for a roster spot

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Brodzinski w NHL games 7 straight seasons.
Trivigno would sign up for that in a heartbeat.
Do you really believe the proper role for Trivigno this season, or any valued prospect, is Brodzinski's role w NYR this season?

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Dinamo vs Severstal today. They just interviewed Suvorov between periods. Believe he was hurt a couple games ago... too bad I have no idea what they're saying 🤣. Minsk needs to loan out Moroz, it's ridiculous at this point

Edit: NHL Central Scouting mid season rankings were released a few days ago. Vadim Moroz has gone from a complete unknown to ranked 56th for European skaters

Last edited:

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
A player that could be interesting is Mathieu Cataford of the Halifax Mooseheads. Listed as a RW but I think has played Centre or I think could play centre. Ranked as a late 1st-early 2nd rd pick. Hard worker; has 49 points in 40 games; has 43 PIMs, so he has some jam.

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I love the draft in all 4 major league sports, because every year guys claim that X is a generational talent. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00