Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
37A04363-4A32-49F6-8A2A-78017BCC554C.jpeg

Get silly for Fantilli?

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Got a chance last night to go back and watch Boston U's first game against Bentley. Not the best competition, wouldve been nice to see the last 2 games against that Michigan team but I don't have the Big10 subscription. Theres a couple UDFAs on BU worth watching to us.. Jeremy Wilmer and Quinn Hutson (brother of MTL's Lane Hutson). Wilmers super talented, great passer, made a bunch of nice plays. Some mistakes that he'll have to clean up, really surprised no one would even use a 7th on the kid.

I'm plenty satisfied with the Sykora pick and he went off the board a few spots ahead anyway but Ryan Greene was impressive. Think there were some questions about how high his offensive ceiling was but he definitely has the size, good hands, good shot, good vision. Really solid prospect. One of the reasons I wouldve liked to maybe see them use Blais to get an extra 2nd last draft without a first round pick. Goyette, Greene and a couple others landed late in the 2nd.

Lane Hutson and Dom Fensore are cut from similar cloth, small, dynamic defencemen. Really impressive offensively. Great skaters.

Definitely going to catch some more BU throughout the season. Next game on Friday should be good to watch. Boston U vs U of Connecticut on ESPN+. Connecticut has Matt Wood, top prospect for this year's draft. Good chance he lands in the top 10. Such an incredible draft this year, keep the 2 first rounders. We've got phenomenal depth this season, bring in a couple rentals for depth but stay away from the big fishes, don't think they'll be necessary.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Hopefully we make the Dallas picks and its in the teens. Trade the other 1st for player that can help us in 2 playoff runs ala Hagel.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Would be such a meme if we drafted Julien Gauthier’s cousin

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Got a chance last night to go back and watch Boston U's first game against Bentley. Not the best competition, wouldve been nice to see the last 2 games against that Michigan team but I don't have the Big10 subscription. Theres a couple UDFAs on BU worth watching to us.. Jeremy Wilmer and Quinn Hutson (brother of MTL's Lane Hutson). Wilmers super talented, great passer, made a bunch of nice plays. Some mistakes that he'll have to clean up, really surprised no one would even use a 7th on the kid.

I'm plenty satisfied with the Sykora pick and he went off the board a few spots ahead anyway but Ryan Greene was impressive. Think there were some questions about how high his offensive ceiling was but he definitely has the size, good hands, good shot, good vision. Really solid prospect. One of the reasons I wouldve liked to maybe see them use Blais to get an extra 2nd last draft without a first round pick. Goyette, Greene and a couple others landed late in the 2nd.

Lane Hutson and Dom Fensore are cut from similar cloth, small, dynamic defencemen. Really impressive offensively. Great skaters.

Definitely going to catch some more BU throughout the season. Next game on Friday should be good to watch. Boston U vs U of Connecticut on ESPN+. Connecticut has Matt Wood, top prospect for this year's draft. Good chance he lands in the top 10. Such an incredible draft this year, keep the 2 first rounders. We've got phenomenal depth this season, bring in a couple rentals for depth but stay away from the big fishes, don't think they'll be necessary.

I believe Wilmer was 5’5” going into the draft.

I really like Ryan Greene as well. Happy with Sykora but he would’ve been a great pick for us.

Reactions: B17 Apricots

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Finished up the first and 2nd UConn vs BU game. For UConn, Matt Wood (2023) was quite. You could see hes got skills but his skating is very Eh, he'll probably drop for that. Tverberg (TOR) had a couple good games.

For BU, Lane Hutson looks like he's going to be a tremendous player. MTL has a good one. Pandolfo took a page out of David Quinns book, must be a BU thing 🤣. First game seemed like the freshmen line of Greene, Wilmer and Quinn Hutson was damn near benched most of the game, aside from a shift here and there and some PP2 time. Prior, that line was the 3rd line and the 2nd PP unit. Strange choice, Wilmer scored the game tying goal in the 1st game and was scratched along with Quinn Hughes for the 2nd game. BU and the upperclassmen bounced back in the 2nd one. The numbers don't lie here though, the last game caught up some of the upperclassmen but that freshmen line might be their most talented line. Theyre still top of the pack. BU may be leaning too heavy on the upperclassmen, think they may be better served with those freshmen up in the lineup. Greene really should be one of the top 2 centers. For the forwards, aside from UDFA senior Matt Brown no one has really stood out all too much. I'm not so sure that O'Brien(PHI) will live up to being the 19th OA pick. Tuch's brother has been Eh.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Who are the centers in the teens we should begin daydreaming about?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Nate Danielson is still my guy in this draft, but it's impossible to ignore just how great of a season Will Smith is having for the USNTDP. He really took control of their offense and hasn't stopped all year. He had a ridiculous assist the other night with a defender draped all over him and still found the seam to set up Perrault. BC is gonna be really good next year with Cutter Gauthier and Smith/Leonard

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rangers drafted Barbashev brother last year. Any chance they draft Namestikov’s brother in 23 draft?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
This should be the busiest thread on our forum. Especially since it’s a no brainer we are going to gut Gallant and anything involved with player scouting/development as this downfall continues. Maybe we won’t mess things up this time?

The names I have my eye on for the 11-25 range:

Defense
Mikhail Gulyayev
Lukas Dragicevic

Centers
Nate Danielson
Dalibor Dvorsky
Noah Dower Nilsson
Riley Heidt
Calum Ritchie

Would love to see the Rangers grab 2 of these players.

Reactions: B17 Apricots

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
The way this season has played out is definitely making me brush up on this year's draft some more.

In 18-19 I was asking around the main boards in the beginning of the year about that German kid playing in the DEL as a teenager. It was kinda surprising to see Seider go so high but it wasn't totally out of nowhere.

This year David Reinbacher is an Austrian playing in the top Swiss league as a teenager. He hasn't gotten much coverage yet, I haven't really seen him on many lists (that'll change)... but what he's done so far playing in the NL as a teenager is impressive. You stack him up against some of the other kids coming out of the Swiss league... JJ Moser was taken in the 2021 2nd round by Arizona as a 21 year old overager, he already looks like a top 4 defender. Siegenthaler is another Swiss 2nd round pick, plays a top 4 role for New Jersey. Tim Berni is a solid prospect for Columbus. It's fair to say that Reinbacher is ahead of all of them when they were 18 year olds. I almost don't even want to bring up Roman Josi because people will think I'm making a direct comparison... Josi was not yet the complete offensive dynamo we all know today, he was another 2nd round pick from the Swiss league. Trading Up: How the Preds Made Sure They Got Roman Josi in the 2008 Draft
How did Roman Josi become the face of the Predators and a Hart Trophy hopeful?

I'm not saying that Reinbacher will be Roman Josi or anything like that but he's definitely someone to keep an eye on. We're likely to see him start climbing people's rankings and if there's one thing that can be said from the last few drafts, between Seider, Nemec, Jiricek, etc.. is that teams are not afraid to take D-men from less popular pro leagues high in the draft

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Rangers drafted Barbashev brother last year. Any chance they draft Namestikov’s brother in 23 draft?

Probably. That’s like 80% of their scouting criteria

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
This should be the busiest thread on our forum. Especially since it’s a no brainer we are going to gut Gallant and anything involved with player scouting/development as this downfall continues. Maybe we won’t mess things up this time?

Defense
Mikhail Gulyayev
Lukas Dragicevic

Centers
Nate Danielson
Dalibor Dvorsky
Noah Dower Nilsson
Riley Heidt
Calum Ritchie

I am hoping to get even higher up.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017

Defense
Mikhail Gulyayev
Lukas Dragicevic

Centers
Nate Danielson
Dalibor Dvorsky
Noah Dower Nilsson
Riley Heidt
Calum Ritchie

Of those I don’t see Dvorsky dropping out of the Top 10. Rest are probably doable depending where the pick lands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad