2023 MLB Thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
MLB already ruled the Marlins don't have to play their ninth inning since it was only for seeding purposes, Abbey's a little behind on that one.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Hoping for a Twins Brewers world series! Hahah didn't think I'd miss having the Yankees to root against!

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Twins finally snap their playoff losing streak at 18 games. Bastards got me invested again after going to a game for the first time in 20+ years. Well, until they inevitably lose anyway. They are still a Minnesota team in the playoffs after all.:laugh:

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Jose Berrios situation yesterday is my main beef with analytics in all sports in a nutshell...it can tell you the 'percentage' move to do but it treats the whole thing like it's a computer game and doesn't account for frigging human logic, number one being when you constantly run seven and eight pitchers into the game instead of two or three, the odds of burning out your staff and finding at least one guy who doesn't have it that day are frigging astronomical. Even just taking one guy out of a game who has it, the odds increase the next guy you bring in won't.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
The Jose Berrios situation yesterday is my main beef with analytics in all sports in a nutshell...it can tell you the 'percentage' move to do but it treats the whole thing like it's a computer game and doesn't account for frigging human logic, number one being when you constantly run seven and eight pitchers into the game instead of two or three, the odds of burning out your staff and finding at least one guy who doesn't have it that day are frigging astronomical. Even just taking one guy out of a game who has it, the odds increase the next guy you bring in won't.
Schneider is such a doofus, what a boneheaded move.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

You ever watch that NFL commercial where the QB launches a sideline deep out route pass and there all all sorts of infographics projected over the slo-mo. They get to the receiver and it says something like “19% chance of a catch”. Really? How do you know that without knowing who the receiver is? That’s a load of crap. A guy like Kupp is probably a 90% chance of a catch. Tre Quan Smith maybe a 5% chance.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I can’t stand smug Billy and am glad he’s out but this whole thing reeks either of someone in MLB wanting to piss in Cohen’s Cheerios again (other jealous owners hate the fact he shows them up spendingwise and paid a ton of money for prospects at the deadline so they added the Cohen tax, wouldn’t let their execs interview here, etc) or someone recently fired from here leaking to get back at Billy because of jealousy he was supposed to stay while they were out.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

One of the craziest endings to a game I have ever seen. Braves looked cooked midway through the game - no runs in the first 14 innings of the series and were being no hit through 5. Great to see them comeback and beat Philly.

I kinda get what Harper was doing here as if it's not caught he surely scores, but I still think that's poor baserunning...have to stop at 2nd there to see if the ball is caught...even if the catch isn't made and you don't score, you're still looking at 2nd & 3rd with one out.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ

One of the craziest endings to a game I have ever seen. Braves looked cooked midway through the game - no runs in the first 14 innings of the series and were being no hit through 5. Great to see them comeback and beat Philly.

I kinda get what Harper was doing here as if it's not caught he surely scores, but I still think that's poor baserunning...have to stop at 2nd there to see if the ball is caught...even if the catch isn't made and you don't score, you're still looking at 2nd & 3rd with one out.

Wheeler was toying with them, I was convinced they were going back to Philly up 2-0.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY

That was a crazy game. The Phillies had them dead to rights for this game and basically the series.

Reactions: HBK27

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
That was a crazy game. The Phillies had them dead to rights for this game and basically the series.
Philly is still in the driver's seat heading to that madhouse in South Philadelphia. Good series Braves in 5 I say. As a Mets fan wish they could both lose.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Philly is still in the driver's seat heading to that madhouse in South Philadelphia. Good series Braves in 5 I say. As a Mets fan wish they could both lose.
I think the Phillies beat the Braves. There is something special about that team and I think they make the World Series again.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
I think the Phillies beat the Braves. There is something special about that team and I think they make the World Series again.
Certainly not out of the question. Especially if they finished off the Braves last night.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What are you lunatics talking about being ok if the Rangers win it all? Really? And you call yourselves Devils fans? You should be ashamed.
49811.jpg

Well said my friend.

I've endured years of accusations of being a closeted Rags fan, and here we have NJD fans openly admitting to Rags fandom. Not a good look.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00