Pre-Game Talk: 2023 Draft Discussion

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
How many Goalies are the Habs drafting? it is already 3 or 4 already? Pretty happy with the kings draft so far. We got some good value, grit and no centers, which is weird.

Reactions: LAKings88

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Kind of sounds like a Durzi-like player.

Mania never settles, instead manipulating multiple opponents to create a better option. There’s so much creativity to Mania’s game. He activates into the rush with give-and-gos after pulling the puck off the boards, beats opponents with backhand drags, slices through forecheckers with long-range passes, weaves through the opponents with shocking ease, and breaks down opponents at the point before setting up teammates across the slot.

“His mobility and handling allow him to solve problems in practical manners and to quickly change angles to access new passing lanes. His defensive game remains a work in progress, and he will likely never be the “shut-down” type, but there have been flashes of defensive progress in his game as the season’s progressed.”

Jun 30, 2006
Is quick/Bernier the last King goalie draft picks to become an NHL starter? It really seems like we have gone a loooong time since we drafted a goalie who can play. Done well with reclamation projects, etc. But drafting our own -- pretty, pretty, pretty bad it seems.

oh come one Kings -- why couldn't you have draft Marcel Marcel. Not cool man...not cool
Martin Jones as well, we also drafted some goalies that had spent time in the NHL, like Berube. Wouldn’t call them bonafide starters, but serviceable.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Good pick here. Saw Mania around Christmas time when the Wolves visited Hamilton. Only a one game sampler but i liked his skating and his awareness. I think he may have chipped in with a goal that evening as well.

Great last name too!

Whatcha gonna do when Mathew Mania runs wild on you!!!!!!!!!!!!..brother!

<iframe src="Hulk Hogan Wrestling GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="370" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Well, one more pick to go, unless they grab another 6th or 7th :P We have been very successful all things considered with our last picks lately.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Good pick here. Saw Mania around Christmas time when the Wolves visited Hamilton. Only a one game sampler but i liked his skating and his awareness. I think he may have chipped in with a goal that evening as well.

Great last name too!

i like that upright skating style on a defenseman, lets you see more things develop

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

Great last name too!

<iframe src="Hulk Hogan Wrestling GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="370" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

we need to rename you UPS because you always deliver kovabro!

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The amount of times Kopitar’s name that has been thrown around as a comparison for some of these kids is worrisome and puzzling.
Maybe they use Kopitar as a comparison whenever the players are soft as hell. Our captain is the perennial winner of the award that no grown ass dude should want to win lol.

Reactions: chris kontos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad