Pre-Game Talk: 2023 Draft Discussion

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I like how his scouting report reads:

Ziemmer zips shots around defenders, pump-faking and toe-dragging to create that little extra space for the release. With perfect timing, he spins off checks and gets open for deflections, rebounds, and flashy in-tight moves. Watching Ziemmer is also an IV drip of (often unpenalized) violence. He throws reverse hits with the puck and crushing hits along the boards without it. Crosschecks, nudges, and non-stop always being in the way are the subtler ways he ensures opponents know he’s on the ice. -EliteProspects 2023 NHL Draft Guide

Kings will have him taking Lady Byng lessons from Kopitar in no time.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I'm sure we'll be patting him on the back for this for years to come

Well shucks guys we triiiiiieeeeed to move up

Happy w/Dvorak though, as others said, have mocked him to the Kings many times. I trust them to do something with him since he's not exactly 'high upside'

Bummed about the goalie run, figured they'd do more there, but probably wanted to wait and see if someone dropped. I really like Hrabal down the road.

Now what are we going to do with all the Maddens we have if not package them for picks?

I get the feeling you don't like the word "tried". :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Ha! I f***en nailed it
Dfimvb.gif

Well done!

Reactions: kings11

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Erik Cernak is mean and nasty.

I haven't seen any of that from this guy. If we're lucky he is more of a Derek Forbort but I don't see that either.
Oh he’s nasty af but he also had a really bad injury so he wasn’t playing as physical.. I think it was a shoulder injury or broken collarbone .. something like that, he missed all the tourneys

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Like both of LA's selections thus far. Admittedly, don't know much about the defensman but that size jumps out and it's clear the Kings need that all throughout the roster.

I like Ziemmer. Quite surprised he was still around but I.m not an expert by an means. Good solid value pick, this one could really be a beauty.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Koehn Ziemmer, born on December 8th, 2004, in Mayerthorpe, Alberta, is a forward playing in the WHL. The 6’0” and 194 pound right winger has played this season with the Prince George Cougars. As one of their top forwards over the last two seasons, he’s produced quite well. In his first season, in 2021-22, Ziemmer scored 30 goals and 27 assists for 57 points in 68 games as a 16-year-old. This season, he took another step forward, with 41 goals and 48 assists for 89 points in 68 games.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
So far so good. Hoping we hang onto and develop some of these guys. These past handful of years I've felt really good about our drafts, but they haven't turned out anywhere near expectation :P

Reactions: Mattias

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad