Prospect Info: 2023 Draft #12: LW Daniil But

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
i feel like you are unaware at times that this is a hockey prospect website.

really this has been a good showcase of our scouts ability to identify players. Everyone who we wanted to show well seems to be really impressing. Doan has been everything we wanted and more and Geekie really has really shown what his upside is.
Really? How far is Geekie from breaking into the league?
We face a new and novel problem. We need to manage how we introduce these young, talented players to the big team. I don’t want But, Geekie, Shimashev Doan and Lamoroux all coming up in the space of 1 or 2 seasons.

Reactions: Grimes

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We face a new and novel problem. We need to manage how we introduce these young, talented players to the big team. I don’t want But, Geekie, Shimashev Doan and Lamoroux all coming up in the space of 1 or 2 seasons.
2-4 seasons. i think Mike Gould did a good projection of which players arrive when (although he left out Ben McCarthy) on the weekend.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
At some point in the coming years, it'll matter less when a prospect is NHL ready. Instead it'll be about when a prospect can steal a roster spot from another young player.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Doan is going off again today, too. Might be the best player of any team in this entire rookie showcase. It’s possible.
Yotes point leaders at the Rookie Faceoff:

Doan — 4G, 3A
Geekie — 3G, 3A

Geekie needs this season in the WHL and the following season I could see him bouncing back and forth between the NHL and AHL.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I don’t want But, Geekie, Shimashev Doan and Lamoroux all coming up in the space of 1 or 2 seasons.
They won't. Doan will probably get some NHL games as early as this season. I think he's an an injury call up guy but perhaps full time 'in 24/'25.. Geekie is two seasons away. But and Simachev in three seasons and Lamoureux is 3-4 away.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You said earlier you would like to see 2-3 rookies a year on the big club. Now you think 4 over 2 years is too many? I think you are putting the cart before the horse here.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
You said earlier you would like to see 2-3 rookies a year on the big club. Now you think 4 over 2 years is too many? I think you are putting the cart before the horse here.
I’m thinking they’re all forwards over the next year or two. That’s my worry.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m thinking they’re all forwards over the next year or two. That’s my worry.
Good chance we get a D late in the top 10 this next draft. Yakemchuk is big, old for his draft, and likely to crush the Dub this year. Jiricek is already playing professionally and his brother sure didn’t take long to make an impact in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad