HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
jets got completely dummied last night in the 3rd period.
Avs have some big men who can move the puck and play with exceptional speed.
It was awesome to watch.
Toffoli and Monahan were completely irrelevant in that tempo.
I think I heard Toffoli and monahan's name once all night and that's because they never touched the puck

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Dillon's hand:

View attachment 860361

View attachment 860362

It looks deep. Skate must have cut it. Hopefully, he's ok, but I can't imagine him playing in this series again. There's no way he's going to be able to grip his stick.

A close up: ugh. That's not stitches. That's probably surgery.

View attachment 860368
Every single time I see these scrums and players are on the ice and then other players and refs are circling them I'm expecting this to happen - shocked it doesn't more often tbh.
Damn....

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
The only way that pick can improve is if non-division winners below them in the standings make it to the conference finals. For example if both the Stars and Jets lose in the 1st round the pick improves from 27th to 26th (since that guarantees one of the Avs or Knights make the conference finals).
Except not if that non-division winning team is Carolina...

Carolina
NYR
Dallas
Vancouver
Florida

Once the second one of those teams fails to advance to the conference final, the Jets pick begins to move up and can move up all the way to 23 if all 5 plus Jets don't advance to the Conference Finals

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Except not if that non-division winning team is Carolina...

Carolina
NYR
Dallas
Vancouver
Florida

Once the second one of those teams fails to advance to the conference final, the Jets pick begins to move up and can move up all the way to 23 if all 5 plus Jets don't advance to the Conference Finals
That is my understanding. It looks like Carolina and the Rangers are going to go on to the next round and meet there which would mean only one can pick after the Jets.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Wallstedt is better than Sorokin. And Fleury is there for another year. By then Wallstedt is ready. They aren't trading their best defenseman either
I disagree, Sorokin before this season was regarded as a top 3 goalie in the league andd it seems like he's just having a down year. He's also 28 so he'll probably be good for the rest of his contract, which isn't too high for a star goalie. Wallstedt, who i like, hasn't really been doing amazing in the ahl for the past 2 years, just pretty good. It doesn't necessarily need to be Faber but they probably need to include a good young player. But we're obviously gonna disagree as you even think Wallstedt for Sorokin is bad for the Wild which I think is a wild take pun intended

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The one series upset I called was Islanders over Carolina.

So much for that.

That Guentzel trade was a great move for Carolina & the Kuznetsov gamble seems to be paying off, for now.

If the Canes get consistent goaltending, they might well be poised to make a run right to the cup

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Yeah, the teams that used Arizona as a cap dump are screwed. Chicago doesn't seem to want to do that. No one else is going to use their cap space that way. Maybe San Jose, they have a ton of space now & are still rebuilding.

We don't need to trade Price anyway.
dont know why they wouldnt do it for a few years, sounds kinda dumb. the monahan deal is something they should be targeting, or being the third team in trades like with what Hughes did. Chicago is around 3-4 years away. They are missing about half of both their top 6/top 4

The one series upset I called was Islanders over Carolina.

So much for that.
yeah i goofed on picking Tampa in 7. The rest of my picks look good but that one was a bit too cute

Im hoping Islanders can win today cause I picked Canes in 5

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
jets got completely dummied last night in the 3rd period.
Avs have some big men who can move the puck and play with exceptional speed.
It was awesome to watch.
Toffoli and Monahan were completely irrelevant in that tempo.
I think I heard Toffoli and monahan's name once all night and that's because they never touched the puck
Toffoli scored that fluke goal but other than that... yeah.

I didn't pick the Islanders but i expected a tighter series.
I expected Islanders to have a lot more truculence.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
We picked Brett Lernout six picks before Brayden Point. I know it's hindsight...but still
Almost everything in life is hindsight. Talented people do not use this as an excuse for failure.

On a side note i'm impressed at how effective the Kings are at stopping McJesus. Only 1 goal in 3 games damn that's something :sarcasm:

Reactions: windycity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad